Obesity

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I can sympathise with that.

It's like the cheapest of cheapo Tesco Value stuff, only with an overpowering overtone of arse. Anyone who's ever gone spelunking with chocolate sauce will feel right at home.

The fact that you never get that unwanted element in any other chocolate implies that the Hershey Company has an Anal Flavouring department, with a Butt Juice secret recipe. Fucking Puritans and their desperation that nobody should ever enjoy anything too much.

If you really want to go for chocolate, I thoroughly recommend Tony's Chocolonely, a Dutch brand. 

A little bit pricier but fucking hell, this stuff is absolutely phenomenal. 

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It wasn't till the Quakers took out most of the cocoa, and replaced it with milk and sugar that it became edible, apart from in Mexican cuisine as a sauce for chicken. f**k knows what the Americans did but Hershey bars taste like vomit. Dark Belgian chocolate should only be used for puddings or hot drinks. 

There was an episode of "The Factory" all about this.  The bottom line was that each manufacturer adapts the flavour to local tastes - Americans really do prefer the vomity taste of American brands, the Swiss preferred the Swiss brand and the British the UK brands.  

I did keto and lost near two stone in two months.

I also ended up with the most tremendous piles and an attack of gout.

Eating a diet of cheese and bacon and eggs is easy. Eating a broccoli or cauliflower each day was the bit I couldn't be bothered with.

TBH I think you would get same results just cutting out bread and sugar.

Getting good results off Weight Watchers but I reckon it's as much about keeping the diary and being concious about what you eat rather than any particular restrictions on the diet.

For me it's more about not mindlessly shoving a kit Kat in my mouth whilst in cupboard looking for a tin of beans or knowing what calories and fat in a full tube of Pringles and choosing not to

Edited by invergowrie arab

17 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Been missing chocolate lately, so I thought I'd give myself a treat and try some of this 85% cocoa stuff.

It's fucking revolting and I judge the original European colonialists who tasted the cocoa bean and decided it was worth taking back to the Old World.

The trick is to not stuff it all in your mouth at once like the contents of a tin of Quality Street.  

Dark chocolate (ideally paired with some fine rum as well) is a flavour delight. 

11 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I can sympathise with that.

It's like the cheapest of cheapo Tesco Value stuff, only with an overpowering overtone of arse. Anyone who's ever gone spelunking with chocolate sauce will feel right at home.

You just reminded me of a happy memory of my youth there- a scene involving Jane Horrocks in "Life is Sweet".

10 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

If you really want to go for chocolate, I thoroughly recommend Tony's Chocolonely, a Dutch brand. 

A little bit pricier but fucking hell, this stuff is absolutely phenomenal. 

Fairly sure Ashens did a video featuring this recently.

If it's actually nice, I can only assume he was sent a bar that was a thousand years old. That had been smuggled out of the Netherlands in somebody's arse.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

You just reminded me of a happy memory of my youth there- a scene involving Jane Horrocks in "Life is Sweet".

I can't help but feel that this is a trap.

My low carb, high fat experiment continues today with a breakfast of bacon and eggs, all fried in butter, a lunch of venison burgers and cheese and a dinner of goulash.

I feel great and am the lightest I’ve been in months but that could just be because I’m eating bacon and cheese all the time. Considering trying to get hold of some Polish rendered lard as a snack.

On 11/08/2020 at 13:59, ICTChris said:

My low carb, high fat experiment continues today with a breakfast of bacon and eggs, all fried in butter, a lunch of venison burgers and cheese and a dinner of goulash.

I feel great and am the lightest I’ve been in months but that could just be because I’m eating bacon and cheese all the time. Considering trying to get hold of some Polish rendered lard as a snack.

I remember years ago there was a scientist blogger who did dietary experiments on himself and had a pet theory that butter was good for you. Your post reminded me of the tone of his work. He died young of a massive coronary. 

Edited by coprolite
Seth roberts if you're interested