Obesity

5 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Another hilarious thing about this is that in the instructions, they have put “3.” twice for no reason. Did you write this book yourself Throbber?

No but I’m certainly starting to regret buying it.

This is it here

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Keto-Diet-Book-Beginners-Vegetarian/dp/B08B7RGX6T/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=keto+book&qid=1596616316&sr=8-11

36 minutes ago, throbber said:

What are the vegan recipes like out of interest? Seems to be a ton of meat in all the keto dishes I've seen.

4 hours ago, mizfit said:

I need to shift about 8 stone of weight I’d imagine. It’s just getting started that gives me the fear.

Divorce her.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I wish people were more interested in discussing the great Pyramid of Giza with me rather than this fucking book. 

1. Go to Egypt.

2. Look at pyramid.

3. Go home.

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Divorce her.

1. Go to Egypt.

2. Look at pyramid.

3. Go home.

It’s not all about looking at the pyramids though which is why I posted about them in the conspiracy thread.

56 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not all about looking at the pyramids though which is why I posted about them in the conspiracy thread.

I'd heard there was a thread about conspiracies, but I didn't believe it.

(Did you have a bet on me responding like that?)

6 hours ago, deej said:

Presumably the salt & pepper to taste depends entirely on how much of that spunk goes in it

I had to do a double take on that vandalised pic. 😝

Fuxake Throbs, that book looks like it's already full of culinary mess without your additional cartoon protein.

We had a cookbook for low carb, high fat recipes, which is kind of keto.

The only one I consistently made was for kale with chorizo and eggs.  You chop up your chorizo and fry it in a pan in butter.  When they are browned you take them out and put them to the side, then throw in the kale and add a small ammount of water.  Cook it on a very high heat for a minute then shape four nests in the kale, crack an egg into each nest and then cook to taste.  Serve them up with the chorizo added on top.

Been missing chocolate lately, so I thought I'd give myself a treat and try some of this 85% cocoa stuff.

It's fucking revolting and I judge the original European colonialists who tasted the cocoa bean and decided it was worth taking back to the Old World.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Been missing chocolate lately, so I thought I'd give myself a treat and try some of this 85% cocoa stuff.

It's fucking revolting and I judge the original European colonialists who tasted the cocoa bean and decided it was worth taking back to the Old World.

Cocoa beans were originally used in a drink by the Mayans and Aztecs, who often associated it with human sacrifice as you ripped the heart out of the pod to get to the bean 

It was Spanish friars who brought it to Europe. In 16th Century Spain they mixed it with honey or sugar to combat the bitterness.

Chocolate as a solid bar is a 19th Century development.

I don't mind the really dark bitter stuff you can get but I can see how it would be an acquired taste.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

It wasn't till the Quakers took out most of the cocoa, and replaced it with milk and sugar that it became edible, apart from in Mexican cuisine as a sauce for chicken. f**k knows what the Americans did but Hershey bars taste like vomit. Dark Belgian chocolate should only be used for puddings or hot drinks. 

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cocoa beans were originally used in a drink by the Mayans and Aztecs, who often associated it with human sacrifice

I can sympathise with that.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

f**k knows what the Americans did but Hershey bars taste like vomit.

It's like the cheapest of cheapo Tesco Value stuff, only with an overpowering overtone of arse. Anyone who's ever gone spelunking with chocolate sauce will feel right at home.

The fact that you never get that unwanted element in any other chocolate implies that the Hershey Company has an Anal Flavouring department, with a Butt Juice secret recipe. Fucking Puritans and their desperation that nobody should ever enjoy anything too much.