McGlynn’s Barmy Army vs Red Lichties (17.10.20)

I've had a good wee chuckle at some VL spending time to re-route a stream for a lower league Scottish football game for their pals so they save a tenner. Our stream last week appeared to be one of the few which worked for the full 90 minutes without many major technical errors.

Glad the club are offering the 50/50 online too now. Its important we're adapting our revenue streams as much as possible.

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

£12 is fair

I suspect the pricing around the league will end up being judged simply by quality of video and commentary. ICT are pushing out a Pixellot stream at £9.99 per game (no idea about commentary) where Morton are asking £14 for an attended camera and full commentary (and free views of annoying, pitch blocking, pillars). I expected more teams closer to £10, but the current breakdown is in a pinned topic on PPV prices...average so far is  £11.72 before Hearts annouce per game PPV pricing, so it's only going up.

Nerves have definitely kicked on for this one, always do for the opener, but more so given we've stepped up into the championship. 

Arbroath are a good side who have kept a consistent core and an experienced manager. Don't know how their style evolved last season, but they had a fantastically energetic press in the middle of the park back in league 1.

I think we are a better team than that one that so miserably failed to mount any kind of challenge back then but I do think this will be a decent barometer for how we've progressed, if we have. 

Imagine it'll be the eleven and shape that started against EF, rather than the shape we went with against Hearts. 

Would bite your hand off for a point, I know nothing is won or lost on the opening day of the season, but I don't fancy the increasing pressure you get from waiting on those first points on the board.

Edited by renton

14 minutes ago, renton said:

Nerves have definitely kicked on for this one, always do for the opener, but more so given we've stepped up into the championship. 

Arbroath are a good side who have kept a consistent core and an experienced manager. Don't know how their style evolved last season, but they had a fantastically energetic press in the middle of the park back in league 1.

I think we are a better team than that one that so miserably failed to mount any kind of challenge back then but I do think this will be a decent barometer for how we've progressed, if we have. 

Imagine it'll be the eleven and shape that started against EF, rather than the shape we went with against Hearts. 

Would bite your hand off for a point, I know nothing is won or lost on the opening day of the season, but I don't fancy the increasing pressure you get from waiting on those first points on the board.

Lightyears away from that team imo. I've said this a few times but that squad was one which was littered with players who were shite (Flanagan, Barjonas, Wedderburn) or inconsistent (Gillespie, Crane). McGlynn had rotten luck too with injuries. To lose two of our three key players (Hendry and Vaughan) through ACL injuries was incredibly unlucky. Even Nisbet ripping through the division didn't put us anywhere near. Arbroath on the other hand went through the first half of the season in utterly ridiculous form. 

This time around we've still got injury issues but we've got a solid core of attacking players to pick from. Arbroath will naturally have improved (players like Craigen and Virtanen rejoining are coups and Hilson loved a goal against us). I'm confident we can make a positive start. 

Would say the whole team and all our recruitment are guys that are energetic and hard working, Swankie/Donnelly/Doolan aside but they still work hard.

Guys like McKenna/Gold/Virtanen/Stewart/Craigen/Whatley in midfield never stop running. Hilson too. That midfield in front of a solid back 4 has been one of our biggest strengths. Said it elsewhere last season we were one of the fittest and most organised teams in the league for me, hope the massive lack of training together and being away for so long doesn’t affect us too much but Tuesday night was promising that that wouldn’t be case. Pushing right until the end against a Prem team.

Edited by 1320Lichtie

17 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What’s the script with the 50/50? How do you know what your number is?

Your 'number' will be relative to when you entered and how many tickets you purchased and how many tickets were bought before you entered.

The draw will pick a virtual number and Bob's your Auntie.

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Your 'number' will be relative to when you entered and how many tickets you purchased and how many tickets were bought before you entered.

How will I know what my virtual number is? I want to win. I have played the 50/50 since 1988 and never won. My time is now!

To be honest, I’d rather get the 20 grand the Rovers Super Lotto is offering.

A real shame it won’t cut live to Tom Morgan in the boardroom with the tombola as per the lotto.

3 hours ago, Kejan said:

Apologies if its been asked (I have a VPN if it doesn't) but does the streaming work from abroad?

RaithTV from abroad works quite well. At least register now, and preferably purchase more than three or four hours early to avoid any laggy website shite. When the viewer opens, look to the bottom left and enable the audio, which seems to default to off (line through microphone cone symbol). Chat is monitored and should be kept family friendly, and enjoy the game!

£12 is fair

Thought it would be £10 but I guess £12 isn’t too bad and clubs will look to charge as much to minimise losses this season. Interesting the prices seem to vary from club to club by a fair amount. Any idea what Arbroath will be charging? I used to live abroad and Raith TV do a decent service in my opinion and Saturday was excellent.

As for the game, will be good to see how we play here as I’ve literally no idea how we’re going to do this season and would take 8th right now. We started badly with Falkirk then won the other friendly matches comfortably. Looked alright if unspectacular against East Fife and then despite the loss played reasonably well against Hearts.

We’ve some decent players who if they stay injury free could do well at this level, still a little concerned about our CBs. Davo and Bene not the quickest and Nando still very much an unknown.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Thought it would be £10 but I guess £12 isn’t too bad and clubs will look to charge as much to minimise losses this season. Interesting the prices seem to vary from club to club by a fair amount. Any idea what Arbroath will be charging? I used to live abroad and Raith TV do a decent service in my opinion and Saturday was excellent.

As for the game, will be good to see how we play here as I’ve literally no idea how we’re going to do this season and would take 8th right now. We started badly with Falkirk then won the other friendly matches comfortably. Looked alright if unspectacular against East Fife and then despite the loss played reasonably well against Hearts.

We’ve some decent players who if they stay injury free could do well at this level, still a little concerned about our CBs. Davo and Bene not the quickest and Nando still very much an unknown.

Arbroath at £10 so far...league average is £12.