McGlynn’s Barmy Army vs Red Lichties (17.10.20)

I've no idea what Arbroath are "considered" normally, but going by the BBC's stats, Arbroath committed 23 fouls this afternoon. Not only is that the most in the SPFL today, it's four more than the nearest challengers. 
Dirty? Considerably so. 

U have a lot of time on your hands

23 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

There were rumours he had a trial before joining Dundee. Never played for us though or signed any deal. 

Played and scored for us in pre-season  when Claude le Fraud took over.
Very wisely, didn't sign for us...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raith-rovers-2-rochdale-3-1116329

18 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/raith-rovers-2-rochdale-3-1116329

I stand corrected: good to finally pinpoint the time he was on trial. I felt it might have been when Dalziel was in charge but didn't know when it was specifically. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Morph said:

Had a stupid throwaway bet on Hendry to score in both halves at 125/1. Should be raging but I can't even be mad at him, easily the most technically gifted player I've seen at Stark's in years, probably since Paquito.

I don’t want to take anything away from Hendry as I think he is excellent but he isn’t even the most technically gifted player at the club right now.  

He’s one of the opposition players that i have always enjoyed watching. Wish he had signed for us, probably with a few other players that always seemed to be kicking around the lower leagues that i can’t think of the top of my head.
Good result against a side that in the past few years have always caused us problems.

Hendry oozes class and has that ability to dictate the tempo and take a game by the scruff off the neck.

Must admit though I am really excited by the prospect of Dylan Tait - in terms of where he is age wise and the types of performances he’s putting in - IMO he has a real chance of making it in the game.

1 minute ago, embow said:

For Ballingry Rovers?

Oh wait! It would have been for East Fife?

The fat man left Bayview and ploughed a lone furrow with Ballingry, the club recruited a few league players with big money but the whole thing hit the buffers and the club went down the toilet.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

The fat man left Bayview and ploughed a lone furrow with Ballingry, the club recruited a few league players with big money but the whole thing hit the buffers and the club went down the toilet.

Of course, of course, he did and they did.

You kinda forget things like that after a while. 🙄

'Wullie the Scrappy'. Say no more.🤫

Hendry's second penalty is placed much better than his first. It's right into the corner, Gaston does really well to reach it. 

Looking at the first penalty, I think you could argue either side. Thomson definitely gets the toe of his right boot to the ball before Hendry can do the same, but he's also clearing out Hendry with his left leg. He's been caught on his heels, and it's clumsy at best. That said, in this daft handball climate, I think he got away with one in the first half too. That cross that clips him on the way through comes off at an odd angle that would be unusual if it'd struck his chest. 

For the second penalty, it's as I thought at the time. Under the law, it's  penalty, but the law is an ass. In this case, I don't think the referee realises that he's sending off TOB. The highlights cut away before he gets the red out, but show plenty of him giving the yellow, walking away, going to note it into his book... 

Penalties aside (and I think you can set them aside) there was still a huge gulf between the teams. Once the Rovers had weathered that early flurry of attacks, they never looked back and really should've had at least a couple more. 

For a lone striker in a comfortable win, Manny Duku barely touched the ball inside the penalty box (although with the shot that hit the bar, the wild pirouette and the back post dive at MacDonald's cross, he might've had a hat-trick!) but he clearly rattled the Arbroath defence, and that midfield attacking three were causing havoc and taking advantage. 

Armstrong a clear man of the match, but there was real quality from a lot of Rovers players yesterday. Tait's ball for Tumilty's goal is sublime.