McGlynn’s Barmy Army vs Red Lichties (17.10.20)

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

If we are without Hammy and TOB next week then we are fucked

You would be fucked anyway we should have scored far more! That was as comfortable a victory as you could hope for although the type of result we should be expecting at home to Arbroath. 

Brilliant start back. Renton mentioned earlier in the thread about how different we were compared the squad which finished in third two seasons ago. For me, it was summed up in the second half, we broke after a clearance and had 5 or 6 on one streaming forwards. That wouldn't have happened with Gillespie, Wedderburn or Barjonas. 

We certainly rode our luck and have to give huge credit to MacDonald for a wondersave before Armstrong opened the scoring. Tumilty's goal was a thing of beauty: I initially thought the wrong pass had been made but Hendry put over a beautiful pass and Gaston committing gave him an opening to score. Armstrong, Ross and Matthews were utterly superb in midfield. Armstrong had one of those games where you felt that every time he was going forward something would happen. Ross has been a pleasant surprise and drifted about the pitch really well. 

Shame Duku didn't get a goal too. He had a few chances which came really close. Must've been a frustrating afternoon for him. Good to see Musonda get some game time under his belt. Really positive start for us. Hopefully we can go down to Dumfries and have a repeat performance. 

1 minute ago, Mexico said:

That’s the worst we have been for a long time.

Genuinely surprised by Raith fans praising that Duku boy like, thought he didn’t get a kick all game.

Funny old game I suppose, all about opinions.

Yes, this is what I want to see. It's like we never left League 1.

3 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Raith Tv was absolutely superb by the way. Big fan of the picture in picture replays and the commentary was decent enough.

The live action PiP with replay and the quick behind the goal replay is a result of a top down rebuild this off season. The picture is also miles better than last year due to improved equipment. Glad the commentary didn’t drive the guests nuts, watched some Falkirk TV once...oh Lord!

Hard to be certain based on his time on the park today but, on that small sample size, I don’t think it’ll be a like for like replacement swapping Tumilty for Musounda. Frankie very much looks like a centre back filling in at right back, he’s such a unit and won’t be nearly as mobile as Tumilty is, who looks to be a great signing and a significant upgrade on Michael Miller, giving us a real threat down both sides with MacDonald on the other flank. Great to get Musounda on the park in any regard, several weeks ahead of schedule.

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The live action PiP with replay and the quick behind the goal replay is a result of a top down rebuild this off season. The picture is also miles better than last year due to improved equipment. Glad the commentary didn’t drive the guests nuts, watched some Falkirk TV once...oh Lord!

Nothing will ever be as bad or as biased as the Rangers TV commentator , I still remember Louis Longridge scores a worldie and gets a simple, "goal, Raith Rovers" and not much else.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hard to be certain based on his time on the park today but, on that small sample size, I don’t think it’ll be a like for like replacement swapping Tumilty for Musounda. Frankie very much looks like a centre back filling in at right back, he’s such a unit and won’t be nearly as mobile as Tumilty is, who looks to be a great signing and a significant upgrade on Michael Miller, giving us a real threat down both sides with MacDonald on the other flank. Great to get Musounda on the park in any regard, several weeks ahead of schedule.

Very much agree, but shows that Frankie is our cover for Tumilty...now who’s our cover for KMac?

Bought my pass and initially couldn’t get the RaithTV website to load this morning, but once I was in it was flawless. Excellent stream quality and only buffered very briefly during the second half. Very impressed even with my already high expectations from watching online for the last 4 years. Fantastic job RaithTV team! 

On the game, first 10 mins aside, that was a complete stroll. Expected a bit more from Arbroath considering their experience and good season last year by all accounts. Duku’s very raw but never stopped haranguing the defence. Unlucky not to score a pearler in the first half. Hendry cigared the whole 90mins and Armstrong was excellent and deserved the MOTM.