McGlynn’s Barmy Army vs Red Lichties (17.10.20)

It’s shite that there’ll be no fans for our league opener. Just need to persevere with Raith TV until we can get back into Starks. It still seems a bit mad to me, given our average crowds and the ground capacity, that we can’t be at the game. C’est la vie.

12 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s shite that there’ll be no fans for our league opener. Just need to persevere with Raith TV until we can get back into Starks. It still seems a bit mad to me, given our average crowds and the ground capacity, that we can’t be at the game. C’est la vie.

C’est la vie avec COVID-19...

At least the stream will be plenty good on RaithTV. On the good news front, over half the Championship seems to have functional streaming working, and Morton’s been the only absolute failure, but they’re trying again.

Gutted no to be getting a day out in Kirkcaldy to watch this...living room will have to do. Think I would go for this team-

Gaston

Thomson
O’Brien
Little
Hamilton

Linn
Gold
Virtanen
Craigen
Hilson

Donnelly
Probably would agree with this team can see McKenna and Swankie playing for Gold and Craigen,
Hopefully Hamilton is fit, Looked like Linn and Gold took little knocks last night before the were substituted,

Keen to see how we get on here. Generally speaking our record against Arbroath is outstanding (aside from that one game at Starks when they won 1-0).

It'll be interesting to see if McGlynn is back or whether it'll be left with Smith. Duku came off early last night but Smith mentioned he should be fine for Saturday. I'd imagine we'll start with Ethan Ross (who has looked good in every game he's played so far) along with Armstrong on the wings. Defensively, Mendy had an excellent game yesterday but I can see us sticking with the Davidson/Benedictus combo. It's really difficult to gauge how we'll get on. The core of our squad are absolutely superb but we're still looking at a few key players being short of full fitness (Vaughan and Spencer for example). Ideally we'll make a winning return and get a positive start. 

On 14/10/2020 at 08:04, Broken Algorithms said:

Keen to see how we get on here. Generally speaking our record against Arbroath is outstanding (aside from that one game at Starks when they won 1-0).

It'll be interesting to see if McGlynn is back or whether it'll be left with Smith. Duku came off early last night but Smith mentioned he should be fine for Saturday. I'd imagine we'll start with Ethan Ross (who has looked good in every game he's played so far) along with Armstrong on the wings. Defensively, Mendy had an excellent game yesterday but I can see us sticking with the Davidson/Benedictus combo. It's really difficult to gauge how we'll get on. The core of our squad are absolutely superb but we're still looking at a few key players being short of full fitness (Vaughan and Spencer for example). Ideally we'll make a winning return and get a positive start. 

I’d be hard pressed to pick Bene and Davo ahead of Mendy in a back four...the ugly question is which he would replace. Bene looks a bit off the pace, Davo doesn’t seem to have mellowed. They do have a ton of experience and understand d how each other plays, but Mendy’s distribution and recovery speed yesterday was impressive.

Vaughan showed his cutting ability when he dissected those two Hearts defenders, but the question is how much playing time does he have in those legs right now, so probably another minute 60-70 sub? The other question is perhaps Duku and Smith or Duku and Ross, and I think Ross is the stronger choice, but his crossing is, shall we say, “strong” right now. I’d keep Spencer on the bench as another late sub rather than starting again.

Edited by TxRover

Don't think Spencer will play.  A lot depends on Duku's fitness obviously and we'll need a plan B, but likely Ross or Armstrong instead of Spencer.  Shocked if Vaughan is on before 65 mins. Need to be very cautious with him and in any case we have other options for just off the front.

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

McDonald

Tumilty, Davo, Bene, Macca

Matthews, Spencer, Hendry, Ross/Armstrong,

Tait

Duku

Both hat-trick hero's Tait & Duku to be replaced on the hour by Vaughan & Mahady 😉

JMac

Tumilty, Mendy, Bene, KMac

Matthews, Hendry, Armstrong

Tait, Duku, Ross

Subs: Davo and Vaughan at 60 min, Coulson at 70 min

Rational: Davo needs a reminder to keep his head, Vaughan needs limited time, Coulson looks useful. 

Can’t really argue with the team posted above although I really like having McKenna in my starting line up. Possibly Stewart in to start with Bobby off the bench to mix things up although at the same time Stewart on for Bobby into the game it were winning Is a great sub to have.

Hopefully Hamilton is fit, if he’s not I would like Craigen to get a chance again. Need JT on the right his delivery is excellent.

Whats streaming details or have I just missed them?

Can’t really argue with the team posted above although I really like having McKenna in my starting line up. Possibly Stewart in to start with Bobby off the bench to mix things up although at the same time Stewart on for Bobby into the game it were winning Is a great sub to have.

Hopefully Hamilton is fit, if he’s not I would like Craigen to get a chance again. Need JT on the right his delivery is excellent.

IPTV mate, give raith nothing!

16 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tomorrow for the details. They were working through the season ticket holders login stuff today. Presumably will just a case of registering on Raith tv, buying the game pass and away you go.

Tomorrow for the details. They were working through the season ticket holders login stuff today. Presumably will just a case of registering on Raith tv, buying the game pass and away you go.

Any inclination of what the price will be?

7 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Any inclination of what the price will be?

Other types of passes – including international passes and pay-per-view – will be available to purchase on Friday.

Will be revealed tomorrow.

https://www.raithrovers.net/45163/raithtv-season-ticket-holders.htm

Most likely as @CALDERON says.