McGlynn’s Barmy Army vs Red Lichties (17.10.20)

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, CALDERON said:

I'm sure I heard somewhere that if social distancing is in place we would be looking at 1500-2000 capacity. Not a chance we'd be seeing away fans if that was the case. 

Best guess, with two seats/rows spacing, is about 17% capacity with pairs of fans...call it 1,500. With less requirements we could see closer to 35%.

I cant remember where I heard it, think it was possibly in one of the chairman's interviews. I'm also sure that he said that was based on 1m distancing, but could be wrong. 

I'd be pleasantly surprised if we are going to any away games this season. 

Add in to the bargain that some Arbroath supporter’s behaviour has been less than exemplary at Stark’s in recent years. Yeah, very unlikely we’ll be allowing any in I’d fancy.

I cant remember where I heard it, think it was possibly in one of the chairman's interviews. I'm also sure that he said that was based on 1m distancing, but could be wrong. 
I'd be pleasantly surprised if we are going to any away games this season. 

Aye you’re right, Bill Clarke said it. The figure of 1500-2000, was based on the 1m social distancing rather than 2m.

Surely households will be able to sit together without distancing which would mean fewer closed seats and a higher capacity.

I still struggle to understand the logic of playing behind closed doors when pubs are open, enclosed spaces with minimal social distancing especially as the night goes on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2020 at 11:10, Lang Toun Lad said:

Surely households will be able to sit together without distancing which would mean fewer closed seats and a higher capacity.

Perhaps. The problem becomes a real life version of Tetris. 1m spacing is roughly two open seats between groups/individuals, and then there are walkways and access to consider. If a group of 6 want to sit together, they would “occupy” somewhere between 20 and 22 seats, which is about 27-30% capacity, excluding considerations for rows that don’t divide evenly, stairs, etc. If an individual wants a seat, they occupy 9 seats, or 11% capacity, 2 people occupy 12 seats (17%), 3 people occupy 15 seats (20%), etc.

The best guess is 15-20% capacity, with 30-35% being more likely if they allow just one seat between individuals/groups.

14 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Unfortunately can’t see any Lichties being at this one, which is obviously very disappointing. Have Raith spoke at all about streaming there games?

RaithTV would be expected to be available overseas, and I would expect audio is likely to be available within the U.K. The details of streaming video within the U.K. is an SFA/SPFL decision.

• 1 month later...

Will be a good indicator on where we currently are.  Hopefully we can leave Tyncecastle without any more injuries and without a bad defeat.

Don't really know what to expect from us to be honest - Arbroath are no mugs and its a good test for us.