Hertz (Bad Guys) vs. Dees (Good Guys) Friday 16th October

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

He was dreadful. He regularly kicked the ball of opposition players and we conceded twice (Possibly three times due to this). He had no presence, very little communication skills and was the sole reason for quite a few dropped points. 

The cup game you mentioned had Ludo in the goal as well! 

Those are the two big errors I remember. Think you're maybe right about their being a third, I remember it being consecutive weeks at Clyde then home to QotS (in Colin McMenamin's debut) but it does sound familiar that he maybe did it in another away game.

I do remember a few games where he was considered to have played well though. V Celtic in the cup - saved a shite penalty from Riordan and made a couple of really good reflex saves late on when we were chasing the game, I think if we pulled off a result that night he'd have been remembered very well for it. He also had a great game in that must win at Hamilton where we got beat and they went onto win the league, the team lost their heads after an hour with Curier being sent off and he was under quite a bit of pressure and made some big saves as we were chasing the game.

In all honesty though, whilst it's been astonishing that he's had so many shots at top flight football and given some of the opportunities he has been (called up to a few Scotland squads), I have always thought he's got enough about him to at the least be playing at full-time football, there's obviously an element of luck there but I don't think it's a complete coincidence that he's had a decent career with 6 top flight seasons as no 2 years at top end of this division. It was embarrassing how much out of his depth he looked with that Motherwell side and apart from St Mirren, you never felt he was particularly good V us but f**k me if you ever had to score an important penalty against him.

Even with all that luck, I find it very difficult to see Hamilton having a career near as good as that. I don't doubt he's a good trainer but you just couldn't see him playing a season at League One or League Two and standing out whereas the likes of Samson did spend their youth playing at these levels and grafted as no 1 at different clubs when released.

I honestly can't remember Samson ever having a good game. Maybe it's due to my disliking of him or maybe its because he's ginger. I dunno. He was rancid though. 

I watched Samson in League One playing for Hereford. Utterly hopeless.

Leaving the inane day-to-day trolling of one another aside, I think we can all agree that Jack Hamilton's transfer to Dundee (for cash money) from Hearts more than makes up for any events that occurred at Dens Park circa May 1986. 

Leaving the inane day-to-day trolling of one another aside, I think we can all agree that Jack Hamilton's transfer to Dundee (for cash money) from Hearts more than makes up for any events that occurred at Dens Park circa May 1986. 
Did you not pay us something similar for Wighton?

• 2 weeks later...
Play out a 0-0 draw with Berra and McGhee just passing the ball between one another then back to Lebowski's so I can punch holes in every single one of you Jambo bastirts.

See you there.
(Probably not, won’t be allowed :( )

"There is a real concern that if things go wrong this year, we end up being stuck, not just for one season but for two seasons."

Tough shit. That quote above  could have come from the chief executive of any of half a dozen clubs in the division who will hope for either automatic promotion or a chance of going up via the playoffs.

The only real difference in their position is that Hearts are spending more money than the rest of us. Nobody’s forcing them to do it, and they’ll have comfortably the biggest home gates in the division, as their season ticket sales to date confirms. Yes, they’ll miss out on the Premierleague big bucks, but hey, that’s what happens when you get relegated. And if the virus kicks in with a second wave and the league is suspended, too bad, it’s the same for all of us.

I think it’s about time for Hearts to wake up and smell the Bovril.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker