Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

8 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

....As I previously pointed out the SPFL play off is I would surmise having read the rules contingent on the SPFL Board which has a duty to its members being satisfied with the (overall) competition that produces a club for play off/SPFL membership...

Can you point us to the specific rule in question?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

16 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Vale of Leithen seem to have gotten their clarity as the EoSFL have null & voided. From what I've seen said Tier 6 leagues null and void there will be no relegation from the LL.

There's still a chance if Annan get relegated by Brora, as technically that would require the LL board to increase the number of clubs to 18, but I'm assuming they would. ;)

2 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

As I previously pointed out the SPFL play off is I would surmise having read the rules contingent on the SPFL Board which has a duty to its members being satisfied with the (overall) competition that produces a club for play off/SPFL membership - a league competition of just 3 games and another that did not meet its original 50% criteria (nor indeed produce a result based on a balanced fixture card) certainly might be scrutinised. 

The same type of power that the LL used to declare champions after the season started is presumably the same scope that the SPFL has used to change from 27 game seasons to 22 games/18 games. I've not followed too closely but isn't there also the 3rd option of PPG depending on whatever gets played by a cut off point.

Wouldn't the SPFL just be opening themselves up to the same scrutiny? Glass houses and all that.

It is up to the SPFL to run matters under its rules.  The relevant clubs voted for that change due to circumstances.    They LL though had already put a provision in place to deal with an interrupted season but changed that primarily it seems just because of the pyramid play off.  The rest of the pyramid feeding into LL has gone null and void albeit they could have gone PPG if we were looking for pyramid consistency.  

The SPFL would be applying scrutiny within its own rules whilst I am not sure where this ‘same scrutiny’ that you reference comes from in terms of rules and regulations?  Unless it is the Tom English type of scrutiny 

Edited by Cowden Cowboy

League champions have been provided by the HL and LL after advise on how to do this in an appropriate manner from the SFA. The HL and LL are competitions that the SPFL already approved for this purpose from 2014-15 onwards. The next step in the process is for the SPFL board to determine whether the two champions meet the membership criteria of the SPFL related to matters such as home ground and floodlights etc. There is no reason to believe this is anything other than a formality in the context of the licensing system, which is why Ken Ferguson decided his priority should be making sure Brechin City are not Club 42.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

League champions have been provided by the HL and LL after advise on how to do this in an appropriate manner from the SFA. The HL and LL are competitions that the SPFL already approved for this purpose from 2014-15 onwards. The next step in the process is for the SPFL board to determine whether the two champions meet the membership criteria of the SPFL related to matters such as home ground and floodlights etc. There is no reason to believe this is anything other than a formality in the context of the licensing system, which is why Ken Ferguson decided his priority should be making sure Brechin City are not Club 42.

if it’s a formality why all the blethers and bluster on here.  The SFA advice was hardly all encompassing - you can’t have  a champion if null and void seems to be the gist of it.  That’s just common sense.  

22 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

if it’s a formality why all the blethers and bluster on here....

Because certain people went off half-cocked about what happened last season and still won't accept that the SPFL were able to do what they did because we were in the middle of a national lockdown that made it legally impossible to play any games at the stated timing when they had to be played. If they really had broken their own rules at that point an appeal to the SFA would have been successful.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On 11/04/2021 at 17:51, Jerry Macguire said:
I certainly hope not.

Aye get rid of VOL. They've beneffited far too much from this. They'll probably go straight down again

Sadly circumstances seem to have conspired in their favour yet again. Here’s hoping all their whinging has cost them any goodwill they had from the majority of LL clubs & the LL board. 

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

So much rage for Vale of Leithen on here , last two supporters are hilarious, one supports a club that stunk out the SFL/SPFL for years and the other that hasn't been near getting into  SPFL in their short time in the seniors.

Is that the best you can do Andrew? In our 6 year existence we haven't got near the SPFL, yes you are correct although for 3 of those years we've been challenging at the top half of the LL. If you really wanted to insult me you should have gone for. Your a pretend club with no supporters,  or how about my personal favourite your just an over rated boys club. 

6 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Why would I do that, neither of those are facts .

Okay if its facts you want we are 6 years old, we'll be 7 very shortly (not sure of the exact date). In that time we have had a 4th, two 3rds and a 2nd in the league. We've won the league Cup and been runner up once. We've won the South Challenge Cup and been runner up once, we're also finalists in that competition for a 3rd time. That game is outstanding from the 2019/20 season. Oh and we got ourselves to the 5th round of the Scottish Cup. No bad eh?

1 hour ago, andrew21 said:

Definition of a diddy team : counting runners up as an achievement. 5th round of the Scottish cup, not so impressive when you realise thats a bye, win against pub league team from Lochee and a win against an absolutely  honking East Kilbride team from last season. Decent result against East Fife though.

The trophies won, League position and a Scottish cup run most clubs (not just diddy  teams like us) would envy, demonstrates progress, rapid progress in a very very short space of time. If you actually had any clue about how football works you would see that. But clearly from someone who thinks that a club as young as ours should be sneered at because we haven’t yet challenged for a place in the SPFL shows the level of knowledge you actually have.

48 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The trophies won, League position and a Scottish cup run most clubs (not just diddy  teams like us) would envy, demonstrates progress, rapid progress in a very very short space of time. If you actually had any clue about how football works you would see that. But clearly from someone who thinks that a club as young as ours should be sneered at because we haven’t yet challenged for a place in the SPFL shows the level of knowledge you actually have.

Stop biting Jerry. This boys a clown 🤡

11 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Stop biting Jerry. This boys a clown 🤡

9 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I know mate. It's all good fun though.  😂😂

He clearly wants me to bite too, this is the second time he had a pop at Lochee United. Probably a previously banned member...