Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I’m sorry how is it semantics?? One requires a an actual SGM to change a rule, the other is a plan for a certain scenario, a scenario which is open to change as events unfold.
Bottom line is, was there something in place at the start of the season to deal with an incomplete season, such as what was implemented by the EoS. Yes or no?

38 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
59 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:
I’m sorry how is it semantics?? One requires a an actual SGM to change a rule, the other is a plan for a certain scenario, a scenario which is open to change as events unfold.

Bottom line is, was there something in place at the start of the season to deal with an incomplete season, such as what was implemented by the EoS. Yes or no?

I have already said that I do not know, I am not affiliated to any club in the LL.! I was merely pointing out that your assertion that there would have to be a SGM was wrong. If there was a contingency in place, then surely it is open to change as circumstances alter?

I have already said that I do not know, I am not affiliated to any club in the LL.! I was merely pointing out that your assertion that there would have to be a SGM was wrong. If there was a contingency in place, then surely it is open to change as circumstances alter?

How do you know an SGM is wrong if you have no idea of what rule, if any, is in place? If a rule to cover this circumstance was agreed by clubs at AGM (eg. 50% of games then PPG) then yes, an SGM would be required to amend/rescind that.

This is a pointless argument anyway, I asked if anyone knew if there was any such rule in place, you don't know. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

How do you know an SGM is wrong if you have no idea of what rule, if any, is in place? If a rule to cover this circumstance was agreed by clubs at AGM (eg. 50% of games then PPG) then yes, an SGM would be required to amend/rescind that.

This is a pointless argument anyway, I asked if anyone knew if there was any such rule in place, you don't know. Thanks.

There is no rule in place and there will be no vote. The league board are elected by the clubs to make these decisions. Before the season started a number of scenarios were devised based on what was seen at the time as the likely outcomes. When the season was stopped this was looked at again and the scenarios were revised based on the belief they would get to restart. When it finally became clear that they wouldn’t be able to continue they were left with 2 options Null and Void or PPG. It’s worth pointing out a huge amount of work went into this by the fixture secretary the Lowland league board and all of it in consultation with the SFA. 

17 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I don’t know if you are being deliberately obtuse, but I’ll play along. How do I know? I READ the rules, try doing it and you will find your answer instead of asking on here.

There is no rule in place and there will be no vote. The league board are elected by the clubs to make these decisions. Before the season started a number of scenarios were devised based on what was seen at the time as the likely outcomes. When the season was stopped this was looked at again and the scenarios were revised based on the belief they would get to restart. When it finally became clear that they wouldn’t be able to continue they were left with 2 options Null and Void or PPG. It’s worth pointing out a huge amount of work went into this by the fixture secretary the Lowland league board and all of it in consultation with the SFA. 
So clubs won't have a say? It gets worse.

I don’t know if you are being deliberately obtuse, but I’ll play along. How do I know? I READ the rules, try doing it and you will find your answer instead of asking on here.
This is confusing, one minute your don't know, next minute you do know. Bizarre. Also try not being a bit of a dick when someone asks a question.

Just now, Burnieman said:
12 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

This is confusing, one minute your don't know, next minute you do know. Bizarre. Also try not being a bit of a dick when someone asks a question.

Jesus H, I READ THE RULES!!!! I said I didn’t know about the contingency.  You really need to step away from the keyboard for the night. 

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
18 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

So clubs won't have a say? It gets worse.

They had their say every time they vote a board member onto the board.

Jesus H, I READ THE RULES!!!! I said I didn’t know about the contingency.  You really need to step away from the keyboard for the night. 
You're one confused fella, I think you're the one needing a wee break. I asked a question and you're wading in looking for an argument.

5 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

You're one confused fella, I think you're the one needing a wee break. I asked a question and you're wading in looking for an argument.

😂😂😂😂 Great comeback. If you had actually listened to the answer it wouldn’t have been needed. 😉

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Great comeback. If you had actually listened to the answer it wouldn’t have been needed. [emoji6]
You didn't give an answer, you said you didn't know. Anyway, Jerry clarified so all good.

2 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:
They had their say every time they vote a board member onto the board.

Not really the point in these extraordinary circumstances, but anyway at least my question has been answered.

So what is the point? 

So what is the point? 
The point is, that in circumstances like this, clubs really should have a say in how to settle the league which has repercussions on play-off/relegation, surely?

Even the much maligned SPFL had a vote amongst the L1 and L2 clubs on how to conclude the season, everyone had a say.

The point is, that in circumstances like this, clubs really should have a say in how to settle the league which has repercussions on play-off/relegation, surely?

Even the much maligned SPFL had a vote amongst the L1 and L2 clubs on how to conclude the season, everyone had a say.

But it doesn’t effect the majority of clubs so why should they get to vote on it? Surely the board should be able to make that decision. 

But it doesn’t effect the majority of clubs so why should they get to vote on it? Surely the board should be able to make that decision. 
This isn't a normal situation, why wouldn't you allow clubs a say? I find that a bizarre approach.

5 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

This isn't a normal situation, why wouldn't you allow clubs a say? I find that a bizarre approach.

I find it refreshing. A board empowered to make decisions and actually do. I’d much rather that than have a board who don’t have the authority to do anything and every decision has to be made by ballot. Make the decision and move on. A bit radical for Scottish Football admittedly, but nevertheless, I’m all for it.