Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

You've got some obsession wi the Vale.
Theres "deadwood" in league 1 as well.

Yet the club bottom of League 1 was relegated last season and will be again this season. If you don't understand why people are focusing on Vale then you need to go back to school.
It's hardly rocket science [emoji6][emoji14]

2 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Yet the club bottom of League 1 was relegated last season and will be again this season. If you don't understand why people are focusing on Vale then you need to go back to school.

Thanks and if you canny see why clubs would rather have them in there then it's no me that needs to go back to school. 👍

3 hours ago, Jerry Macguire said:

If reconstruction doesn’t go through the threats will start again. They did it last time when they threatened to block access to the BetFred and Chocolate Biscuit Cup for LL teams. I have no doubt they’ll try it again. That is if they can’t find a way to stop the play offs happening altogether.

This. It’s as good as guaranteed the toys will get promptly hurled out the pram.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Enjoy your night mate

See this posted a lot at the moment. Must get myself a copy of the bumper book of horrific hipster patter.

Calling a league after 50% is played is bad enough, but at least it's a level playing field for everyone and a reasonable way to conclude a season in these difficult times.

Calling it before 50% really is desperate stuff and not a good look for the LL. Was this even agreed at the start of the season?

I'd love to see a LL Champion club go up at the cost of some L2 deadwood, but not at any cost.

58 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Calling a league after 50% is played is bad enough, but at least it's a level playing field for everyone and a reasonable way to conclude a season in these difficult times.

Calling it before 50% really is desperate stuff and not a good look for the LL. Was this even agreed at the start of the season?

I'd love to see a LL Champion club go up at the cost of some L2 deadwood, but not at any cost.

It's possible the LL set the 50% minimum for the LL Pyramid Play-off and didn't set a standard for itself.

On the any cost aspect. I have my fingers crossed there will not be another curtailed season like this for it to be used as a precedent in future.

24 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Oh do f**k off you weirdo. Haven't you got some twitter stalking to do?

Your behaviour on here is frankly nauseating. You actively campaigned to get the season shut down on here and on twitter for the same transparently obvious selfish and self-serving reasons.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

It's possible the LL set the 50% minimum for the LL Pyramid Play-off and didn't set a standard for itself.
On the any cost aspect. I have my fingers crossed there will not be another curtailed season like this for it to be used as a precedent in future.
On your last part, my understanding was that the contingency set by all leagues after last season was get to 50% then PPG, anything less then null and void.

I guess if LL members hold an SGM to change it then that's for them to decide, all seems a bit desperate.

Hopefully next season will be pain free.

25 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:
Your behaviour on here is frankly nauseating. You actively campaigned to get the season shut down on here and on twitter for the same transparently obvious selfish and self-serving reasons.

You couldn't mark your neck with a blowtorch 😆

A swing and a miss from you once again. Someone who over the last 3 years has tried to act as someone in the know and who has called it wrong at every single turn without any shame, and you come back time and again to embarrass yourself.

You see things that aren't there, you add 2+2 and get 5, you see conspiracy at every turn. ^^^^^ Talk at people instead of to them.  That's not to mention dragging up posts from years ago to try and score a point, or stalk people on twitter and put their posts up on here. A weirdo.

"I actively campaigned" is just another example of this. I'm not sure the SG or SFA read P&B when making public health decisions.

You're sore that you get continually called out for your pish by me and others, it gets under your skin, and you lash out like this when you get a chance.

Top tip, put me on ignore, you're quick to do that with others but truth be told, you need the info I post to cobble together your mad theories. I live in your head.

Edited by Burnieman

29 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

On your last part, my understanding was that the contingency set by all leagues after last season was get to 50% then PPG, anything less then null and void.

I guess if LL members hold an SGM to change it then that's for them to decide, all seems a bit desperate.

Upon what was your understanding based?

The SPFL, for one, failed to make any such decision.

Upon what was your understanding based?
The SPFL, for one, failed to make any such decision.
Just what I thought had happened given the EoS had come up with that proposal, assumed the other leagues out with the SPFL had done likewise.

Anyone know for sure?

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Just what I thought had happened given the EoS had come up with that proposal, assumed the other leagues out with the SPFL had done likewise.

Anyone know for sure?

The first time I think I ever heard about it was by Kenny McLean's appearance on the Black Diamond FM football show. The way I remember it, as with most things, the SoSFL weren't included in the agreement or at least had an opt out. Which is why i'm just suggesting that the main purpose was there for the LL Pyramid Play-off and promotion/relegation between the leagues.

I'm sure the LL had also hoped to make 50% and this memorandum of understanding between the pyramid leagues would strengthen the case for their champion if the SPFL tried to cancel the SPFL play-off.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

Why would it need a SGM, it’s not a rule.

27 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
47 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:
Why would it need a SGM, it’s not a rule.

So there was no contingency in place for an incomplete season?

I couldn’t tell you, but a contingency plan is quite different from an actual rule.

25 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
54 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:
I couldn’t tell you, but a contingency plan is quite different from an actual rule.

Semantics Dougie.

I’m sorry how is it semantics?? One requires a an actual SGM to change a rule, the other is a plan for a certain scenario, a scenario which is open to change as events unfold.