Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, oldandround said:

Its a difficult one.

The players are young fit and healthy.  They are not at risk of coming to harm.

They might however take it to someone who is not so healthy.

So if the only consideration is stopping the xfer of the virus then sure lock it down.

same goes with shops, schools, mcdonalds etc.  shut everything and probably everything goes away in 6 months.

but life then sucks.  no point in living etc.  people then start to ignore the rules and anarchy reigns.

could it be that "football is the opiate of the masses" is coming into play here?  They government might just be giving the public something to hold on to during this time?

yep EOS is bottom rung, but here we are discussing, engaging and supporting our teams.

I for one would miss it if it suspends.  Utterly selfish I know.

Truly hope we carry on, but as safely as possible.

I do completely see burniemans view though and its equally as valid as mine.

This sums it up for me perfectly.  👏👏

2 hours ago, football.fan said:

Not good publicity for the league today in Nicola sturgeons press conference. Was brought up about Dalbeattie star

Why was it not good publicity? I thought both the FM and Professor Leach made the position clear.

24 minutes ago, The Informer said:

Why was it not good publicity? I thought both the FM and Professor Leach made the position clear.

Certainly did. They should be going through the proper channels not embarrassing themselves and the league they represent by greetin on social media, in the papers and to the FM. Pretty sure the complete lack of respect shown to the LL board and the other member clubs won't go down well. They've burnt some bridges over the last few days thats for sure.

49 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Certainly did. They should be going through the proper channels not embarrassing themselves and the league they represent by greetin on social media, in the papers and to the FM. Pretty sure the complete lack of respect shown to the LL board and the other member clubs won't go down well. They've burnt some bridges over the last few days thats for sure.

I thought you were just a fan sitting in the house watching streams?  no wonder a lot of clubs and players are unwilling to speak out if that is the reaction they get.

33 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I thought you were just a fan sitting in the house watching streams?  no wonder a lot of clubs and players are unwilling to speak out if that is the reaction they get.

I’m not sure the posters of P&B are discouraging  people to say stuff. Maybe overestimating the power of this forum 😀

1 minute ago, The Informer said:

I’m not sure the posters of P&B are discouraging  people to say stuff. Maybe overestimating the power of this forum 😀

Maybe Jerry is more than just a humble BSC fan watching a stream.  Talk of burning bridges and unhappy clubs.

Dalbeattie were right to speak out, should never be afraid to voice an opinion/concerns.

37 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Not sure what any of that means, buts it’s clear if anyone disagrees with your position then they aren’t entitled to an opinion in your eyes. It really is tiresome. I’ve tried to have a reasoned debate with you but really I’ve came to the conclusion it’s a waste of time. The notion that one club, one newspaper or one keyboard warrior has the right to tell everyone else what they should think or how they should act is abhorrent to me. You like Dalbeattie Star and their manager have displayed a complete lack of respect and deserve to be ignored.

Just now, Jerry Macguire said:

Not sure what any of that means, buts it’s clear if anyone disagrees with your position then they aren’t entitled to an opinion in your eyes. It really is tiresome. I’ve tried to have a reasoned debate with you but really I’ve came to the conclusion it’s a waste of time. The notion that one club, one newspaper or one keyboard warrior has the right to tell everyone else what they should think or how they should act is abhorrent to me. You like Dalbeattie Star and their manager have displayed a complete lack of respect and deserve to be ignored.

You said "They've burnt some bridges over the last few days thats for sure", that's not just an opinion formed by a guy watching streams. How do you know they've burned bridges with the Board/other clubs? why would you worry about "complete lack of respect"?

Now you go on the attack.  I think you're more than just a fan with a stream, that much is obvious, and as for being "abhorred" by someone having an opinion on a public health situation,  get a grip of yourself.

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Maybe Jerry is more than just a humble BSC fan watching a stream.  Talk of burning bridges and unhappy clubs.

Dalbeattie were right to speak out, should never be afraid to voice an opinion/concerns.

I do like think of myself as more than just a humble BSC fan. The fact I have some knowledge on human nature and how deals are done, relationships are built and can quite as easily be destroyed, it all makes sense really.

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

I do like think of myself as more than just a humble BSC fan. The fact I have some knowledge on human nature and how deals are done, relationships are built and can quite as easily be destroyed, it all makes sense really.

Sure.

2 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You said "They've burnt some bridges over the last few days thats for sure", that's not just an opinion formed by a guy watching streams. How do you know they've burned bridges with the Board/other clubs? why would you worry about "complete lack of respect"?

Now you go on the attack.  I think you're more than just a fan with a stream, that much is obvious, and as for being "abhorred" by someone having an opinion on a public health situation,  get a grip of yourself.

It’s getting boring now. The fantasy of who you think I am is far more interesting than reality. Who’s going on the attack when your the one pushing to discover my identity? 

It’s getting boring now. The fantasy of who you think I am is far more interesting than reality. Who’s going on the attack when your the one pushing to discover my identity? 

I'm not pushing, I couldn't care less mate but you're more than you appear and seen severely rattled by anyone expressing opinions about pausing the season. Let's leave it at that.

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

I'm not pushing, I couldn't care less mate but you're more than you appear and seen severely rattled by anyone expressing opinions about pausing the season. Let's leave it at that.

Seems I’m not the only one rattled. You must be raging that someone could dare to have opinion that’s in opposition of yours. You don’t even support a LL side but your absolutely desperate for us to be shut down. Jog on.

Seems I’m not the only one rattled. You must be raging that someone could dare to have opinion that’s in opposition of yours. You don’t even support a LL side but your absolutely desperate for us to be shut down. Jog on.

I make no apology for expressing an opinion on continuing to play part-time football in the midst of our worst ever public health emergency which is killing and incapacitating people at an increasing daily rate. Not raging in the slightest, although I see the media are taking more of an interest at last.

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I make no apology for expressing an opinion on continuing to play part-time football in the midst of our worst ever public health emergency which is killing and incapacitating people at an increasing daily rate. Not raging in the slightest, although I see the media are taking more of an interest at last.

And there it is. I have no clue how it’s possible for you to socially distance. That moral high ground must be awfully crowded.

1 minute ago, Jerry Macguire said:

And there it is. I have no clue how it’s possible for you to socially distance. That moral high ground must be awfully crowded.

So being concerned about people's health is taking the moral high ground? michty me.