Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

Interesting statement from Donald Findlay today in the BBC regarding the club 42 playoff and Cowdenbeath "has to be integrity" he says. Have Annan come out and said anything about it? You would think Annan as a newer club to the spfl with a legacy in the SoS & EoS although pre pyramid would be more favourable about the playoff taking place, or maybe I am wrong!

Edited by morley

23 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Step down for Mr Swift, going to an inferior club. Take away those Stirlingshire cup wins and their trophy cabinet could be even smaller than BSC's.

Whit?

Mangers don't give a shit about how many trophies a club have won. They care about the potential of the club and where reaching that potential might get them further down their career. BSC have arguably been punching right at the top of the weight over the last couple of seasons. Winning the LL is going to be an incredibly tough job for a manager who can't just go out and buy multiple players from a higher level over the next 5 years.

With Stenhousemuir, promotion from League Two is a realistic target over the next couple of seasons. If he can get the club into L1 and do OK there, his stock will have gone up and bigger jobs, possibly full time will open up for him. At BSC, he'd be doing a good job just to stay where they are.

So 8th / 15th for the pyramid play-off and 23rd / 29th for the League Two final, or will they play some games in midweek? Brechin's final league game is on the 4th so they'll probably moan if they have to wait 19 days...

Edited by Ginaro

“We are delighted that the decision by the judge corresponded with the view of the Scottish FA and provides the necessary clarity to the league bodies and certainty to those clubs affected.” - Ian Maxwell

With them having to go to that kind of bother it explains the delay.

8 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I assume all these games will be at least available to stream? Can see myself watching at least a couple of them.

All three clubs have streamed games this season, so you'd assume so. Probably shitty quality based on the highlights I watched from Kelty and Brora, but available nonetheless.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They'd want the decision to be iron clad before they go ahead with it, so that Brechin don't have a leg to stand on when they ultimately try to complain.

Or the SFA and SPFL were of opposing opinions already due to complaints from their membership.

Guest SJP79
17 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

I assume all these games will be at least available to stream? Can see myself watching at least a couple of them.

Hopefully the BBC will put on the final. 

Just now, SJP79 said:

Hopefully the BBC will put on the final. 

They really should. It's a pity it's two-legs as it could be a pretty excellent one-off game that you'd imagine would would be far more interesting than some random Ayr vs Dundee Championship game in February.

If they play the final on 19th and 23rd - fans will be able to attend and it could be alternative viewing on the BBC instead of the Premiership play-off final games. Though no doubt Brechin would baulk at going north in midweek.

7 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

They really should. It's a pity it's two-legs as it could be a pretty excellent one-off game that you'd imagine would would be far more interesting than some random Ayr vs Dundee Championship game in February.

I concur.

Will probably pay for the games tbh, Brora's stream was the first away one I paid for this season and the quality was good (though the camera was at a daft angle). The bits I saw from their win vs Hearts shows they'd improved that. I'm sure all three clubs have it reasonably set up by now.

Now that a decision has been made on the club 42 play off I wonder if we will see an imminent announcement from the HL launching their tier 6 feeders. In particular the Midland league. Didnt Brechin last year float the argument about which T5 they should go into? The launch of the Midland league feeding in to the HL kills that argument.