Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I would take your posts more seriously if

a) you actually read all the multiple discussions there have been, and 

b) hadn't already torpedoed your entire "undecided" thing by very recently posting "Should the colts be involved? Hell yeah!"

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I would take your posts more seriously if

a) you actually read all the multiple discussions there have been, and 

b) hadn't already torpedoed your entire "undecided" thing by very recently posting "Should the colts be involved? Hell yeah!"

I the same with you when your first reply to someone is
"As soon as you have admitted you want Colts in, the rest of this can be safely ignored."  (I think you have just contradicted yourself in, a)  )

B is exactly what it means, but obviously you haven't looked into why I think it will be fine, but right now as in season 21/22, I'm unsure.

Also how to implement them, totally unsure but would be more inclined, the more I think about it, if they get in then it should be at the bottom of the WOSFL.
I would think 22/23 and not before would be fine to make sure the structure of the pyramid I sorted and intact before their inclusion.
Again my views is of the development field

18 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As I said I haven't a clue about what your going on about as I haven't looked into it much, I do know George wants, as most do, 2 up 2 down from the SPFL2 but knew in past couple of years that they were not ready for it. Now with the standard so high in the LL and below with licensed teams and excellent sides in the HL, the standard is high.

Is the LL and HL ready, I will say, now, yeah I think the below section of Scottish Football is getting it house in order thus its only  a matter of time before it gets to 2up 2 down from the SPFL2 to and from HL/LL.   

Should the Colts be involved, hell yeah.
Should they be involved in relegation/promotion from these leagues, yeah, it works for the Spanish League system, so why not us.

Should the Colts start in the SPFL2 avoiding the LL?
Should the Colts start in the LL avoiding the WOSFL?
Should they start in the WOSFL Premier and work their way up ?

There's implications on each idea that effects teams in the country so picking the best where they should go will be hard.

Again on here with people who make stupid comments, which I never get
Co/Ibrox ?, if you knew George and the people who know George, they will all be laughing at your comment, seriously

Why should Lowland League get 2 up 2 down when SPFL Clubs don’t get that.

Might work in  an expanded league tho which goes back to my point. Leagues of 10 are boring so most Clubs and fans would welcome an expanded league but not with Colts. Over and above the football side, Community Clubs and their fans don’t want the old firm baggage in their towns and stadiums.

George would make more progress for LL if he actually spoke to L2 Clubs instead of threats and rants through the  Daily Record.

5 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Why should Lowland League get 2 up 2 down when SPFL Clubs don’t get that.

Might work in  an expanded league tho which goes back to my point. Leagues of 10 are boring so most Clubs and fans would welcome an expanded league but not with Colts. Over and above the football side, Community Clubs and their fans don’t want the old firm baggage in their towns and stadiums.

George would make more progress for LL if he actually spoke to L2 Clubs instead of threats and rants through the  Daily Record.

ffs, i should have realized someone would read it wrong  way, ill take the hit
The two up two down is not just from the LL i meant to include the HL as well
I definitely into having two relegation spots from the SPFL2, (bottom team relegated and the 2nd bottom maybe in a playoff, but sure i had that put down somewhere on here.

The comment is that Scottish Football is one, very strong pyramid system and no movement between clear promotion relegation from each divisions, no blazer interventions

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

31 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

ffs, i should have realized someone would read it wrong  way, ill take the hit
The two up two down is not just from the LL i meant to include the HL as well
I definitely into having two relegation spots from the SPFL2, (bottom team relegated and the 2nd bottom maybe in a playoff, but sure i had that put down somewhere on here.

The comment is that Scottish Football is one, very strong pyramid system and no movement between clear promotion relegation form each divisions, no blazer interventions

Scottish football needs reorganised from top to bottom and to their credit, the non league teams have led the way, but the Premier Clubs with their 11-1 block stop anything meaningful happening in the spfl.

4 leagues of 12-10-10-10 is nuts and fans hate seeing the same teams 4 times. LL or HL teams coming in won’t change the structural deficit in the system.

In my view HL, LL and Spfl L1/2 should get together and propose restructure of lower leagues without Colts. I think the fans would buy in and interest would grow.

But for whatever reasons, George won’t speak to spfl lower leagues.

Meanwhile the SFA Board members get to keep their gravy train Premier League and the 85% of the funds so they don’t care.

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

But for whatever reasons, George won’t speak to spfl lower leagues.

From what I understand this working group that was put together fell under the SFA's Professional Game Board auspices. Then previously it was the SPFL that invited the Highland and Lowland reps during last year's reconstruction talks.

Since the SPFL lower leagues are the SPFL. How about they extend the invite?

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

From what I understand this working group that was put together fell under the SFA's Professional Game Board auspices. Then previously it was the SPFL that invited the Highland and Lowland reps during last year's reconstruction talks.

Since the SPFL lower leagues are the SPFL. How about they extend the invite?

The SFA and SPFL are controlled by the Premier Clubs so there is no point in trying to get any change led by them. Their first priority will always be to preserve the 85% of funds for the Premier teams.

The 20 lower league Clubs have just recently banded together to force the hand of SFA and SPFL into letting them resume the league but that’s the first time that’s happened and hopefully is the start of them working together more but they are all a bit busy now with 2/3 games a week I would suspect.

So depressingly, the choice will be more of the same or an expanded league with Colts which the vast majority of fans don’t want.

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The SFA and SPFL are controlled by the Premier Clubs so there is no point in trying to get any change led by them. Their first priority will always be to preserve the 85% of funds for the Premier teams.

The 20 lower league Clubs have just recently banded together to force the hand of SFA and SPFL into letting them resume the league but that’s the first time that’s happened and hopefully is the start of them working together more but they are all a bit busy now with 2/3 games a week I would suspect.

So depressingly, the choice will be more of the same or an expanded league with Colts which the vast majority of fans don’t want.

On the one hand your pointing out how to make things happen i.e. the clubs from the Divisions One and Two co-operating. On the other hand you're saying they cannot make a difference.

Which is it?

It's about making it happen. Remember that the top division hates to lose face. Use it! Put them into a position where they wish to make decisions that may be unpopular to the other clubs and, if you (the Div.1 & 2 clubs) stick to your guns, they will bottle it. That is provided what you are proposing makes sense.

Otherwise it's just Nay Saying all over again.

Calling all BSC Glasgow Fans!

@TheAuchtChip affiliated with @pieandbov are running a poll on Twitter for Scotland’s Coolest Stadium.  It’s not about the size or the dressing room quality. It’s the quirky nature of Scotland’s stadia that makes these grounds stand out. 
Voting closes in 30 Hours so get voting for the Indodrill!
RTs appreciated 🙏🏻

So the Brechin rep on the SPFL Board is stepping down.  I wonder if that means that the SPFL Board has agreed that Club 42 will face a playoff after all.

KEN FERGUSON STEPS DOWN FROM SPFL BOARD

SPFL CONSIDERS PYRAMID PLAY-OFF ISSUES

Ken Ferguson of Brechin City FC, and the League 1 & League 2 Director on the SPFL Board, has today tendered his resignation as an SPFL director.

He said: “In view of the fact that Brechin City are currently 42nd in the League, it is appropriate for me to step aside at this time – and to devote all my time and energy into ensuring that Brechin City do not finish bottom of League 2 this season.”

SPFL Chairman Murdoch MacLennan commented: “On behalf of the entire SPFL Board, I would like to thank Ken for his huge contribution to the SPFL Board over the past two seasons.  I entirely understand and respect his reasons for wanting to step down at this time.  Ken’s hard work, commitment and wisdom have been of enormous benefit to the League and he will be missed.” 

Gordon Thomson of Clyde FC, the SPFL’s alternate director, will represent League 1 and League 2 until the SPFL’s AGM in July.

The SPFL also announced today that it is considering several issues relating to the Pyramid Play-Offs and that, as a result, it is not in a position to announce dates for Pyramid Play-Off ties this season.

The SPFL understands that the Lowland League and the Highland League have each declared ‘League Champions’ for Season 2020/21, with Kelty Hearts having played just 13 games; and Brora Rangers having played only three games this season.

At its meeting on 19 April, the SPFL Board will determine whether each of Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers meet the SPFL’s Membership Criteria.  Only then will the SPFL be in a position to announce the position in respect of Pyramid Play-Offs this season.

A spokesman for the SPFL said: “Given that there are a number of uncertainties, including whether League 2 clubs will play 22 or 18 games this season, we are not in a position to announce dates for Pyramid Play-Off ties this season.  Whilst we understand that this lack of certainty will be disappointing to supporters of Brora Rangers and Kelty Hearts, it is important that we are entirely fair to all clubs, including the SPFL club that finishes bottom of League 2 this season.  Our approach has always been to apply the Rules that have been agreed by all member clubs, as well as the Pyramid Play-Off Rules agreed between the SPFL, the Scottish FA, the Lowland League and the Highland League, and we will do so again this season.”

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

SPFL are once more showing their true colours.

I don't think that there is any doubt that they try to operate a closed shop.  

The only way it will change is if the full time clubs in the SPFL make the break to a new set up and leave the part time clubs to fend for themselves with the rest of the semi-pro pyramid.

Edited by Footballfirst

Ken Ferguson stepping aside shows some integrity, as his name for the past year has been dragged through the mud. It was only going to get worse. 

As for the SPFL looking at the validity of the HL/LL championships its not surprising. Reaction was mixed at best to the decision, with the best take being a make good on last season. 

The SPFL have a duty to their members to challenge the decision. No different than the LL/HL boards acted in their members interests. 

I still think the games will get played. 

https://spfl.co.uk/news/ken-ferguson-steps-down-from-spfl-board

...The SPFL understands that the Lowland League and the Highland League have each declared ‘League Champions’ for Season 2020/21, with Kelty Hearts having played just 13 games; and Brora Rangers having played only three games this season.

At its meeting on 19 April, the SPFL Board will determine whether each of Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers meet the SPFL’s Membership Criteria.  Only then will the SPFL be in a position to announce the position in respect of Pyramid Play-Offs this season...

This implies the SPFL has  no issue with the question of whether they are qualifying champions in first place and should be a procedural formality, so this looks like confirmation that the playoffs are happening and given that backdrop the resignation looks like it might be a case of toys being thrown around the room upon not getting his own way.

Our approach has always been to apply the Rules that have been agreed by all member clubs, as well as the Pyramid Play-Off Rules agreed between the SPFL, the Scottish FA, the Lowland League and the Highland League, and we will do so again this season.

Edited by LongTimeLurker