Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, Brazilianlex said:

The Colts should not be wrapped up with LL HL access to spfl. Two separate issues.

Pushing for increased L2 with auto up/down would not attract as much opposition as Colts but George seems to be a one trick pony on that one.

As I said I haven't a clue about what your going on about as I haven't looked into it much, I do know George wants, as most do, 2 up 2 down from the SPFL2 but knew in past couple of years that they were not ready for it. Now with the standard so high in the LL and below with licensed teams and excellent sides in the HL, the standard is high.

Is the LL and HL ready, I will say, now, yeah I think the below section of Scottish Football is getting it house in order thus its only  a matter of time before it gets to 2up 2 down from the SPFL2 to and from HL/LL.   

Should the Colts be involved, hell yeah.
Should they be involved in relegation/promotion from these leagues, yeah, it works for the Spanish League system, so why not us.

Should the Colts start in the SPFL2 avoiding the LL?
Should the Colts start in the LL avoiding the WOSFL?
Should they start in the WOSFL Premier and work their way up ?

There's implications on each idea that effects teams in the country so picking the best where they should go will be hard.

Again on here with people who make stupid comments, which I never get
Co/Ibrox ?, if you knew George and the people who know George, they will all be laughing at your comment, seriously

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Shire released a statement on FB saying the new season would begin on Sat 17th July. 

I'm assuming that's not pre season friendlies but rather competitive football. 

That's fine and well but the 2019/20 season (the first one not to be completed due to the 1st lockdown in March 2020) started at the end of July. I can only assume they're referring to the Betfred League Cup group stages... 

4 hours ago, come on shire said:

Shire released a statement on FB saying the new season would begin on Sat 17th July. 

I'm assuming that's not pre season friendlies but rather competitive football. 

That's fine and well but the 2019/20 season (the first one not to be completed due to the 1st lockdown in March 2020) started at the end of July. I can only assume they're referring to the Betfred League Cup group stages... 

The league starts on the 17th July. I think the Betfred starts earlier than that.

1 hour ago, Jerry Macguire said:

The league starts on the 17th July. I think the Betfred starts earlier than that.

Ah ok.  I mind at the start of the 2019/20 season before the pandemic hit, the Betfred group stages started about that time with the league starting at the end of July.

It's obviously starting a couple of weeks earlier next season.  Fingers crossed we'll get in for next season starting, maybe even to catch a couple of the pre-season friendlies too.

Ta :)

19 minutes ago, come on shire said:

Ah ok.  I mind at the start of the 2019/20 season before the pandemic hit, the Betfred group stages started about that time with the league starting at the end of July.

It's obviously starting a couple of weeks earlier next season.  Fingers crossed we'll get in for next season starting, maybe even to catch a couple of the pre-season friendlies too.

Ta :)

SPFL League Cup starts on the 10th July. The LL and the WoSFL have given indicative start dates of 17th July probably because of the extra league games and cups.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

SPFL League Cup starts on the 10th July. The LL and the WoSFL have given indicative start dates of 17th July probably because of the extra league games and cups.

Also makes sense to give themselves a bit of extra time incase of anymore stoppages during the season.

43 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Interesting.  

What extra league/cup matches?  Sorry, I'm just curious :)

Just now, come on shire said:

Interesting.  

What extra league/cup matches?  Sorry, I'm just curious :)

Things like the East Qualifying Cup, Southern Counties Cup, and Lowland League Cup were all cancelled or put on hold until it was known if they could be played. I know East Stirlingshire only play in the SCC and Lowland League Cup though.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Things like the East Qualifying Cup, Southern Counties Cup, and Lowland League Cup were all cancelled or put on hold until it was known if they could be played. I know East Stirlingshire only play in the SCC and Lowland League Cup though.

We've still got the South Challenge 2019/20 Final to play and there's the second semi-final between Dunipace and Hill of Beath still to play in that competition. 

13 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As I said I haven't a clue about what your going on about as I haven't looked into it much, I do know George wants, as most do, 2 up 2 down from the SPFL2 but knew in past couple of years that they were not ready for it. Now with the standard so high in the LL and below with licensed teams and excellent sides in the HL, the standard is high.

Is the LL and HL ready, I will say, now, yeah I think the below section of Scottish Football is getting it house in order thus its only  a matter of time before it gets to 2up 2 down from the SPFL2 to and from HL/LL.   

Should they be involved in relegation/promotion from these leagues, yeah, it works for the Spanish League system, so why not us.

There's implications on each idea that effects teams in the country so picking the best where they should go will be hard.

Co/Ibrox ?, if you knew George and the people who know George, they will all be laughing at your comment, seriously

All very well you agreeing with Colts playing against adults, but that’s only part of the issue. Why should it be exclusive to Celtic and The Rangers? 
They have a ridiculously big advantage on every other team in Scotland already, why should that he increased?

The proposal for the 2 colt teams is a terrible idea as it is. 

20 minutes ago, big al said:

All very well you agreeing with Colts playing against adults, but that’s only part of the issue. Why should it be exclusive to Celtic and The Rangers? 
They have a ridiculously big advantage on every other team in Scotland already, why should that he increased?

The proposal for the 2 colt teams is a terrible idea as it is. 

Yip I'm agreeing with these teams playing against adults, I'd expect the Colts teams to be technically high and they can learn as well as the teams they play against learning from experience.

100% agree, I never said anything about being exclusive. If it starts with the Colts teams then no other team should be stopped form adding a Colts teams, that would be unfair.
I've not been an advocate for it, just put my view across as I said before, where would these teams start

There's implications on each idea that effects teams in the country so picking the best where they should go will be hard. }

The proposal for 2 colts teams is not a terrible idea, why is development a terrible idea, don't want anyone to take it personal but genuinely people who think this without a motive is of a insular mind OR looking at it and not wanting it for other reasons outwith development.
The only reason I think its a good idea is development of players 100%

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

Hell no, they should be kept well clear of the LL or any other part of the pyramid...

I agree in principle of what your saying 100% and it should not effect the process of promotion/relegation etc... of the LL/WOSFL/SPFL2 and so on

But what would be the best way to incorporate these teams if it was on offer, is there a good way.  I'm genuinely finding it hard how to incorporate them without all or any of the implications offered

14 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As soon as you have admitted you want Colts in, the rest of this can be safely ignored.

Just now, Ranaldo Bairn said:

As soon as you have admitted you want Colts in, the rest of this can be safely ignored.

Sorry, typical posts like this tells you the type of person you are, just ignorant

Your view in your mind is right and you don't want to listen to anyone else and the reason for their views which I am always open too.

Trust me, the reason why I DONT| MIND colts teams coming in is a totally different reason why you would not want Colts teams in.
I'm not an advocate for them being in but I do look at all the implications positive and negative, get a funny feeling you haven't.
Try and be objective in your post and honest with yourself, can you ?  I cannot say as I don't know you but going to your replies to me, it tells me a lot

51 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I agree in principle of what your saying 100% and it should not effect the process of promotion/relegation etc... of the LL/WOSFL/SPFL2 and so on

But what would be the best way to incorporate these teams if it was on offer, is there a good way.  I'm genuinely finding it hard how to incorporate them without all or any of the implications offered

Colts would be a terrible idea for Scottish football, it would ruin the lower leagues and wouldn't address player development in the slightest, that's also not really the motivation of the ugly sisters. That's why they shouldn't be incorporated in any way, in my opinion no compromise (even if that would be more promotion from the LL/HL) would be acceptable on this issue.

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

Colts would be a terrible idea for Scottish football, it would ruin the lower leagues and wouldn't address player development in the slightest, that's also not really the motivation of the ugly sisters. That's why they shouldn't be incorporated in any way, in my opinion no compromise (even if that would be more promotion from the LL/HL) would be acceptable on this issue.

They are buying their way into the league.   I would have a wee bit more time for the idea it they started at the bottom of the WoS, otherwise what is the point of a Pyramid.

Hibs Colts were members of the EoS not so long ago, I wouldn't mind if they, Hearts, Livingston, Falkirk etc wanted to do so again, but you need to respect the Pyramid and join at the bottom level the same as any other new applicant.

Then again, no Colt teams at all would be better.

8 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Sorry, typical posts like this tells you the type of person you are, just ignorant

Your view in your mind is right and you don't want to listen to anyone else and the reason for their views which I am always open too.

Trust me, the reason why I DONT| MIND colts teams coming in is a totally different reason why you would not want Colts teams in.
I'm not an advocate for them being in but I do look at all the implications positive and negative, get a funny feeling you haven't.
Try and be objective in your post and honest with yourself, can you ?  I cannot say as I don't know you but going to your replies to me, it tells me a lot

OK Gandhi, no need to be so supercilious. I'd say you are the one who is ignorant. Ignorant to the wishes of the enormous majority of clubs and fans.

I mean, my God, these issues have been dissected so often on here it's not even funny. The manifold and manifest negatives so enormously outweigh ANY potential benefits they could bring, that any further discussion is totally redundant. Every single aspect of their potential introduction has been comprehensively analysed and debunked. I mean, even if you leave all the possibilities and theoreticals to one side, you have an actual real life Dutchman here explaining how it has gone horribly wrong in his country. Maybe that won't happen here, after all Celgers are famed for their paternal interest in the rest of the footballing nation!

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

OK Gandhi, no need to be so supercilious. I'd say you are the one who is ignorant. Ignorant to the wishes of the enormous majority of clubs and fans.

I mean, my God, these issues have been dissected so often on here it's not even funny. The manifold and manifest negatives so enormously outweigh ANY potential benefits they could bring, that any further discussion is totally redundant. Every single aspect of their potential introduction has been comprehensively analysed and debunked. I mean, even if you leave all the possibilities and theoreticals to one side, you have an actual real life Dutchman here explaining how it has gone horribly wrong in his country. Maybe that won't happen here, after all Celgers are famed for their paternal interest in the rest of the footballing nation!

Honestly Is there something wrong with you.
I am not ignorant of anyone's wishes once I look into it,  I don't give  a shit about it.
Does it not tell you i have no idea what everyone's views on it as i haven never looked into it, no reason to as it wasn't an interest.
I haven't seen an old firm game on TV for at least 5 years, don't watch it, don't really like it, as I'm involved in fields elsewhere at football and have been fairly successful in what I do

Told you, I'm not an advocate for it

Do I think it would work, if given the right circumstances and environment purely on a development level, that's the just of it from MY view.
Are there tons of implications, yeah, hunners.
Do I know how to best get it to work if I actually wanted to work, nope I haven't a frigging clue.

We are just starting to get the pyramid in a place where most want, or a start to where we want and shape it into the place it should be and really that's what I'm hoping and looking for the Colts, right now as an inclusion in the pyramid right now, NO I don't think would work but I think in the future once some sort of plan in place I think it could work