Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

I find it refreshing. A board empowered to make decisions and actually do. I’d much rather that than have a board who don’t have the authority to do anything and every decision has to be made by ballot. Make the decision and move on. A bit radical for Scottish Football admittedly, but nevertheless, I’m all for it.
Fair enough, I see what you're saying and agree with it to an extent, in normal times.

On 19/03/2021 at 08:41, LongTimeLurker said:

The poster of the info below posted about Brechin City's moves to get the Club 42 boundary rule changed long before it was common knowledge, so he probably knows what he is talking about.

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/2021-scottish-pyramid-developments-facts-not-speculation-please.3904/post-80215

The information that I have indicates that the SPFL clubs will not agree to automatic relegation until the Lowland League is closer to comprising the 16 strongest clubs available to it. That puts the onus of the Lowland League to strengthen from below.

Shouldn't the Lowland League suggest that the SPFL prove that it has the 42 strongest clubs available to it in turn?  

It's worth noting that the recent resolution which the SPFL League 1 and League 2 clubs passed would have, in theory, allowed Queen's Park to be crowned League 2 champions with just 9 games played if something happened which stopped the season restarting.

Edited by craigkillie

I would literally see no problem if everyone had played the same fixtures. Kelty had the easist fixture list of everyone that played - there is literally no way to disagree with that. Would they had won the league over a full season? Probably yes but you can not declare a team champions when they have only played one out of the supposed top 6 teams while the rest have played 3 at least, its a joke. But if it means that they go up and we get rid of all the shite that goes with them then I am all for it. Similarly if the playoffs get cancelled and we get a full summer of that ruiridh goon on twitter in meltdown then I am all for that too. 

1 minute ago, craigiemack said:

I would literally see no problem if everyone had played the same fixtures. Kelty had the easist fixture list of everyone that played - there is literally no way to disagree with that. Would they had won the league over a full season? Probably yes but you can not declare a team champions when they have only played one out of the supposed top 6 teams while the rest have played 3 at least, its a joke. But if it means that they go up and we get rid of all the shite that goes with them then I am all for it. Similarly if the playoffs get cancelled and we get a full summer of that ruiridh goon on twitter in meltdown then I am all for that too. 

Who’s Ruiridh and what’s the Twitter @ ?

Just now, craigiemack said:

and btw please don't reply with the pish that every game in the lowland league is a 'hard, competitive game' it's not. The teams in the bottom half are diddy teams. If BSC, EK or Bonnyrigg had Keltys fixtures they'd be top. 

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

Who’s Ruiridh and what’s the Twitter @ ?

Canny mind the fattys @, he replies to most of the catch up tweets. Last summer it was a joy to read all his tweets aimed at Brechin and the SPFL like they gived a shite. His patters eye bleeding stuff though. You literally lose brain cells reading it 

1 hour ago, craigiemack said:

Canny mind the fattys @, he replies to most of the catch up tweets. Last summer it was a joy to read all his tweets aimed at Brechin and the SPFL like they gived a shite. His patters eye bleeding stuff though. You literally lose brain cells reading it 

Murphy?

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

To be fair I’ve seen your tweets and it gave my arse a sore head. Shire fan has dig at Kelty, I’ve not seen a club more up themselves at this level and I’ve been to East Kilbride.

On 26/03/2021 at 22:12, Ginaro said:

Whatever happens so long as last season's HL/LL champions are in the play-off in May, or promoted with two others then that's a positive for the pyramid.

Some people talking about Vale of Leithen being relegated but the LL has it in their power to increase the number of clubs to 18 so VoL could still be saved (unless a Brora/Albion Rovers/EOS situation plays out).

That’s quite a post there.

As long as the play offs happen to go up, but let’s not relegate anyone? Wow.

13 hours ago, craigiemack said:

and btw please don't reply with the pish that every game in the lowland league is a 'hard, competitive game' it's not. The teams in the bottom half are diddy teams. If BSC, EK or Bonnyrigg had Keltys fixtures they'd be top. 

Who shat in your cornflakes? There isn't another way to do it apart from null & void. At least after last season there is some additional weight behind it for Kelty to be declared. The point is to find a way that works rather than suit everyone.  If Bonnyrigg were top then it would still be the best solution regardless.

On 27/03/2021 at 21:01, Burnieman said:

The point is, that in circumstances like this, clubs really should have a say in how to settle the league which has repercussions on play-off/relegation, surely?

Even the much maligned SPFL had a vote amongst the L1 and L2 clubs on how to conclude the season, everyone had a say.

The real point is, why on Earth would clubs vote any differently? Unlike the SPFL, the LL is one league. For every possible decision like this in a multi-league body, there are winners and losers which creates fairly bitter division. The LL can quite happily just go "we vote for promotion and no relegation". Who exactly is going to be up in arms about that?

The real point is, why on Earth would clubs vote any differently? Unlike the SPFL, the LL is one league. For every possible decision like this in a multi-league body, there are winners and losers which creates fairly bitter division. The LL can quite happily just go "we vote for promotion and no relegation". Who exactly is going to be up in arms about that?
No idea, the only way you'll know is by asking your member clubs.

If the Board is still the same dating back to the last update you've 5 on the Board. Chair (BSC), Vice (East Kilbride), general board members (CSS, Edinburgh University, and Spartans). You've also got Dalbeattie's rep as Treasurer.

With only 17 members i'm pretty sure they've got a general sense of what the rest think. As those clubs would have provided feedback before or after the decision was sent round.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If the Board is still the same dating back to the last update you've 5 on the Board. Chair (BSC), Vice (East Kilbride), general board members (CSS, Edinburgh University, and Spartans). You've also got Dalbeattie's rep as Treasurer.

With only 17 members i'm pretty sure they've got a general sense of what the rest think. As those clubs would have provided feedback before or after the decision was sent round.

My understanding is the communication between the clubs and the board is excellent.  With regular comms from the league secretary, opportunities for clubs to raise any issues prior to the frequent board meetings, regular general meetings as well as the direct contact clubs have to the Chair, Vice Chair and the rest of the board. 

7 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

The SFA most likely. You can’t use a rule at one end of the table and not be consistent and use it at the other end as well.

15 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

The SFA most likely. You can’t use a rule at one end of the table and not be consistent and use it at the other end as well.

It's what the LL pushed for last season. Also, with the EoSFL, WoSFL and SoSFL going null and void, it's very convenient for the LL to just call the season on PPG and expect Kelty to go into a play-off without relegating anyone.