If Big Dougie's information is right the PPG top 7 would be:-
1 Kelty 2.77
2 East Kilbride 2.42 (goal diff+26)
3 Bonnyrigg 2.42. (goal diff +23)
4 BSC. 2.31
5 East Stirlingshire 2.17
6 Gala Fairydean 1.83
7 Bo'ness United 1.8

Goal difference settles it in the LL if teams have the same points. Could be a sore one for the Rose if the SPFL expands to 16 next season.

Does anyone get relegated based on PPG would be the other issue? They would still need a promotion playoff if the feeders do something similar as the PPG winners appear to be Clydebank, Jeanfield Swifts and Threave Rovers and all three are likely to be eligible.

Does anyone get relegated based on PPG would be the other issue? They would still need a promotion playoff if the feeders do something similar as the PPG winners appear to be Clydebank, Jeanfield Swifts and Threave Rovers and all three are likely to be eligible.
WoS has been declared null and void, I'm pretty sure.

10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I don't understand why you wouldn't declare a champion, might as well help one of your member clubs try to move up a league if possible.

If this is a general point you can probably guess why the SoSFL are unlikely to declare a champion. It will seem especially daft after failing to do so last season with more games played.

In the WoSFL case i'm guessing it's just because it's too close and don't think many of the title contenders for the WoS Premier had played each other. So it would have caused some friction.

The Lowland League look like they will and I wouldn't shocked to see the EoSFL at least offer the option at a vote. Since the pathway will likely be clear for the EoS Premier champion to be promoted without playing any more games. Although we'd have to see if that passes since PPG would see Jeanfield move to 1st having only played 9 games. 3 of which against WW, Inverkeithing, and Blackburn who have been rooted to the bottom.

So is this a wind-up, or confirmed?
Nothing has been confirmed. Official Catchup on Twitter say they understand the proposal to declare Kelty the winners is currently being discussed and there's an announcement expected early next week.........no indication of their source.

16 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

If Big Dougie's information is right the PPG top 7 would be:-
1 Kelty 2.77
2 East Kilbride 2.42 (goal diff+26)
3 Bonnyrigg 2.42. (goal diff +23)
4 BSC. 2.31
5 East Stirlingshire 2.17
6 Gala Fairydean 1.83
7 Bo'ness United 1.8

Goal difference settles it in the LL if teams have the same points. Could be a sore one for the Rose if the SPFL expands to 16 next season.

Obviously doesn't matter since they've played the same number of games anyway, but I guess it should really be a GDPG calculation rather than simple GD if it's a tie on points.

The expansion to 16 seems fairly unlikely to me, but perhaps more important is the potential for an extra spot in the Betfred Cup given that there are now 5 teams in Europe. No idea how that's going to be allocated.

The expansion to 16 seems fairly unlikely to me, but perhaps more important is the potential for an extra spot in the Betfred Cup given that there are now 5 teams in Europe. No idea how that's going to be allocated.

Old Firm Colts Select XI FC, surely?

The meltdown from some Bonnyrigg players has been the highlight of this whole shambles.

Toys out the pram because they are 3rd.

Poor George Fraser being slaughtered when he's doing the right thing and his club actually lose out [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Kelty and EK just playing the bottom half (10/13 and 9/12) leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Kelty deserve to be champions based on last season. Hope they go up and relegate Brechin.

I also hope Jeanfield are promoted from the EOSL in a similar scenario

8 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Regardless of your views on this, it's properly amateur to be leaking this sort of stuff via podcast accounts on Twitter before any vote takes place.

It was literally out in the press around half an hour later? So, what's the issue?

Lowland League set to declare champions on points per game method - Daily Record

1 minute ago, RampantFM said:

It was literally out in the press around half an hour later? So, what's the issue?

Lowland League set to declare champions on points per game method - Daily Record

Wonder where "the press" picked it up from?

Clubs should be seeing this and voting on it before any "We understand that..." type exclusives get leaked to twitter accounts begging for RTs. 

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

Clubs should be seeing this and voting on it before any "We understand that..." type exclusives get leaked to twitter accounts begging for RTs. 

We've covered the league for years now and frequently get messages from coaches/players/fans asking for information. If we have something to say then we'll say it. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

It was noted on here yesterday. I'm actually surprised the Catchup boys took so long to mention it on Twitter.

On 25/03/2021 at 19:41, Big Dougie said:

Season is done, league have written to clubs today to tell them that it’s finished and settled on PPG. Had a message from a committee member at one club earlier.