Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

14 hours ago, MAC THE KNIFE said:

BIT UNFAIR WITH SOME TEAMS HAVING PLAYED SO MANY HOME GAMES ALREADY !

If the SFA do decide to have all the LL teams play each other only once, one would assume the fixtures' secretary would take this into account.
Never going to be a perfect scenario, but it will be, for this season, the rules.

Any idea what the plan is for the LL if football restarts in Mar / Apr. L1 and L2 can easily shorten to 18 games would LL settle for just playing teams once or is there another idea? Hopefully the SPFL don’t try the no relegation from League 2 again as it was totally unfair on the HL and LL Champions.

9 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Any idea what the plan is for the LL if football restarts in Mar / Apr. L1 and L2 can easily shorten to 18 games would LL settle for just playing teams once or is there another idea? Hopefully the SPFL don’t try the no relegation from League 2 again as it was totally unfair on the HL and LL Champions.

From a LL POV its basically get to 50% of games played. In which case they can declare things on PPG.

Everything else is up in the air and out of their hands.

From a LL POV its basically get to 50% of games played. In which case they can declare things on PPG.
Everything else is up in the air and out of their hands.

Yea I’m hoping leagues can get to a point where they can declare a Champion and we can allow promotion and relegation and Covid permitting playoffs too. We obviously got lucky last season with the vote and I understood why the LL/HL couldn’t be promoted as it needed a playoff but there should be no reason for that this time around. Personally as a Fifer I’m hoping to see Kelty up. If Brechin are the victims of relegation hopefully it’ll settle the boundary dispute once and for all.

22 hours ago, BU_Brian said:

If the SFA do decide to have all the LL teams play each other only once, one would assume the fixtures' secretary would take this into account.
Never going to be a perfect scenario, but it will be, for this season, the rules.

Not a decision for the SFA.

On other parts of p and b there is debate around championship clubs not wanting promotion from league 1 if that league only play

each other twice (1H, 1A). Can we take it that san starko rover disagrees (given his support for LL/HL promotion this time round)?

mind you Raith are at the right end of their table

Edited by true fan

On other parts of p and b there is debate around championship clubs not wanting promotion from league 1 if that league only play
each other twice (1H, 1A). Can we take it that san starko rover disagrees (given his support for LL/HL promotion this time round)?
mind you Raith are at the right end of their table

I 100% support promotion and relegation between league 1 and the Championship and if my club are in 10th or 9th I will still back it. We might be sat second at the moment but we’re not safe and a few bad games will see us drop fast.

Fair play sir

I also fully back scrapping the playoff for 10th in league 2 there should be 2 down to allow the HL and LL Champions promotion. We’ve been victims of the Premiership having a closed shop and this self preservation needs to stop. The very least should be HL/LL play off winner promoted, loser then gets a play off against 9th so League 2 relegates 1.5 same as every division. I’d prefer every league relegated 2 as 9th place shouldn’t give you a chance to save yourself.

This [emoji106][emoji122][emoji122]

I also fully back scrapping the playoff for 10th in league 2 there should be 2 down to allow the HL and LL Champions promotion. We’ve been victims of the Premiership having a closed shop and this self preservation needs to stop. The very least should be HL/LL play off winner promoted, loser then gets a play off against 9th so League 2 relegates 1.5 same as every division. I’d prefer every league relegated 2 as 9th place shouldn’t give you a chance to save yourself.

Football is back in England by the end of March.

The first figures announced for the effect of the vaccines on covid are the Scottish ones and, as the SG often gives the impression of wanting to be different in order to justify itself (my view - others will differ!), the timescale for the return of organised outdoor activities will be different - whether earlier or later or whatever - who knows yet!

Hopefully common sense will prevail and football comes back even if subject to the previous protocols for a while.

I see Stevie Aitken has given his latest words of wisdom for the week, however I’m not sure he knows what he is talking about given the content of his last 2 or 3 interviews.