Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

40 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

Interesting take on ambition. Finishing at the bottom of league 2 every season but it’s okay we've got sponsorship so we’ll get paid for being shit.

The LL have never been offered automatic promotion or an SPFL 3.

These are the facts.

Your wrong 

ask your chairman !

8 hours ago, craigiemack said:

.........are diddying about in east of Scotland diddy leagues 

Bit disrespectful to all the clubs playing in those leagues - and those running them is it not e.g. Tranent?  😒

3 hours ago, MDM said:

Bit disrespectful to all the clubs playing in those leagues - and those running them is it not e.g. Tranent?  😒

I think Tranent and others will be out of the EOS by the time Cowdenbeath fall down to tier 6 😉

18 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

Like last season then. How did the play off go ?

Last season the various playoffs could not be played because of the lockdown. If Cove Rangers could go up based on PPG and Hearts could be emptied out of the top tier on that basis, then Club 42 could have been determined that way as well.

Here is how I would resolve this season's Lowland League. 

* League splits to a top 8 and bottom 9 after everyone has played each other once 

* Kelty's 2-0 win at Cumbernauld Colts on November 25th is declared null and void given they have already played each other twice. 

Edited by zenon

20 hours ago, craigiemack said:

My last remaining brain cells have been obliterated reading Brazilianalexs posts. 

God I can't wait till cowdenbeath and their cattle racing track are diddying about in east of Scotland diddy leagues 

Do the Shire even own a stadium?

On 28/01/2021 at 18:59, Big Dougie said:

😂😂😂😂😂 You are out of your depth here mate, I suggest you toddle off back to the self preservation league, where the ambition is just ripping out the likes of Brechin and Cowdenbeath. 😂😂😂😂

Sorry, you are so misinformed that I suspect you are actually just trolling now.

Seems you are a tad misinformed Dougie.

You have no idea what ambitions these clubs have. 
Real chip on the shoulder of guys like yourself about the SPL. 

22 minutes ago, big al said:

Seems you are a tad misinformed Dougie.

You have no idea what ambitions these clubs have. 
Real chip on the shoulder of guys like yourself about the SPL. 

I’ve seen enough in the last 2 seasons to tell me everything I need to know thanks. They are in full on self preservation mode, and that is a sure sign that being ambitious  is not at the top of their to do list.

7 minutes ago, Big Dougie said:

I’ve seen enough in the last 2 seasons to tell me everything I need to know thanks. They are in full on self preservation mode, and that is a sure sign that being ambitious  is not at the top of their to do list.

You have absolutely no idea what has gone on at Cowden (for example) or any other League Club.

There’s also very little point in reasoning as you have made your mind up based on social media etc.

Last 2 seasons, hardly a time to judge. The last year has been all about survival for many types of business.

Too many people only see things how they want to, something that’s been magnified by these lockdowns.

2 minutes ago, big al said:

You have absolutely no idea what has gone on at Cowden (for example) or any other League Club.

There’s also very little point in reasoning as you have made your mind up based on social media etc.

Last 2 seasons, hardly a time to judge. The last year has been all about survival for many types of business.

Too many people only see things how they want to, something that’s been magnified by these lockdowns.

I know enough thanks, and it’s enough to form my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, big al said:

You have absolutely no idea what has gone on at Cowden (for example) or any other League Club

I know they and their like (Stirling Albion, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir) have been blocking places for ambitious clubs for decades. Time to flush the floaters out of the National structure and let them find their true place in the local leagues.

3 minutes ago, No One Mourned the Juniors said:

I know they and their like (Stirling Albion, Albion Rovers, Stenhousemuir) have been blocking places for ambitious clubs for decades. Time to flush the floaters out of the National structure and let them find their true place in the local leagues.

For decades?

🤣 

Have a lie down.

I'm all for more fluidity in the pyramid but deary me. There are folk studying for highers who can remember Stirling Albion being the best part-time team in the country.