Lowland League 2020/21 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

On 31/07/2020 at 12:32, boness4ever said:

It seems likely that there will be no Christmas and new year break this year(I could be wrong),so how about having local derbies,or as local as you can get on Dec 26 & Jan 2,Shire v Bo’ness and vice versa

Nice to see the fixtures man take my idea onboard 

If we get there, the SLFL are considering a group stage for the Lowland League cup this season.

I quite like that idea, it extends the season a bit more for teams who would otherwise be knocked out in the first round. 

I assume 4 groups of 4 once the league winners are in the pyramid play-offs. Could even make the groups vaguely regionalised where possible

Right so rugby player goes to party gets Covid it’s okay there allowed to keep playing no punishment and that’s on top of fans getting preference compared to football but when football players did it games suspended players punished clubs punished and wee Nik threatens to cancel everything aye good one lol 

• 2 weeks later...

Not a lot of Highland League players will live down here. But a lot of top players will be on the market if the West of Scotland League cancels the season? Lowland League clubs could have the pick of them for bargain deals. Like supermarket sweep in non league football.

I presume teams would need to provide financial evidence that they are fucked to be able to withdraw in December? If not then it's basically giving a free pass to some clubs to make sure they are still in the league in a years time.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I wouldn't be surprised tbh, that cartel in League Two will be looking to protect themselves. 

Similarly, I've been saying for months that the Lowland League will find a way to have no one relegated at the end of the upcoming season. 

At least they can honour the promotion process like they did last year. Say the SPFL and LL cancel relegation. The LL could comfortably go to 18 now they all have floodlights. Then stick there since 18 was good enough for the HL or work to get back to 16.

Scottish Sun online says the Lowland League according to a source in the Scottish Gov is classed as professional and therefore games will take place in the Central Belt. Sun contacted SFA to confirm but await a response.
Same article says EoS and WoS not classed as professional so their games are off for the 3 weekends.

10 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Scottish Sun online says the Lowland League according to a source in the Scottish Gov is classed as professional and therefore games will take place in the Central Belt. Sun contacted SFA to confirm but await a response.
Same article says EoS and WoS not classed as professional so their games are off for the 3 weekends.

There are more teams in the EoSFL that are members of the SFA than the LL ? 

How do you differentiate professional?