Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

15 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I genuinely have no idea from these two episodes what Gary Locke's job is supposed to be, Hearts home matches aside, and I doubt he has much idea either. 

Why would you? It's not like they've listed his job description.

An extremely boring documentary that stinks of that big bald son of a bitch Ann Budge playing her "creative control" card. You'd barely know that Hearts absolutely stank up the league last season thanks to Craig Levein and his goons (albeit we would definitely have stayed up if the season had been played to a fair conclusion). Interviewing the cretins who do the wee signing videos for Twitter and oversee the hospitality. :lol:

Had hoped for Sunderland Til I Die-esque hilarity, but the only thing I'm taking away so far is that Andy Irving has a lazy eye.  

e: although fair play to Budge for insisting that St Mirren 1 - 0 Hearts was left on the cutting room floor. 8)

Edited by SEETHING

"Berra is going to Dundee"

Budge, clearly petrified in her voice; "He doesn't have to come in and sign anything does he?"

"No"

Budge inside; 'Thank f**k for that'.

I thought at first Stendel came across as a good coach, then he started going on about Harry Potter and some tale about mythical 8 games or something. Clearly a crack-pot.

I think part of the problem is the number of episodes available - 3 isn't enough to go into anything other than the highest level look at a season, particularly one like last season.

The likes of Sunderland Til I Die and the Amazon series on Man City and Spurs have around 10 for the same time frame.

Daniel Stendel clearly a parody character. I don't know how seriously I could take him. How much of that is down to it being a second language deal is up for debate.

From a directing perspective I don't know how they've managed to make football so boring. Thank God next week they can criticise the SFA otherwise this would have been the most toothless production since Hearts 2019/20.

I honestly don't know what people expect in these tbh?  Even the likes of All or Nothing are sanitised, they've got a bit more in depth content due to the length of them, but they are still crafted into a narrative and pretty non critical.

Thought Stendel came across pretty well apart from his weird Harry Potter necklace.  Weird to miss out the St Mirren game completely, but I guess we went 3 points adrift after the Motherwell game so from a point of view in terms of going bottom before the pandemic it does it's job in showing that.

Also found it weird it's showed none of our Scottish Cup run seeing it was one of the few highlights we had, especially beating Rangers.

I thought it was interesting to see how the coronavirus news takes so long to sink in. It was the same in Spurs documentary.  When the staff started hearing about it they kind of talk abut it light heartedly, and the players are joking about, bumping elbows etc and then all of a sudden everything is closed.  Weird looking back on it knowing what we know now.

14 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

That new assistant manager announcement. Still cringing.

Not one player giving a fck 😂 almost as cringe as Gary Locke having a “Lockie” mug 

13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I genuinely have no idea from these two episodes what Gary Locke's job is supposed to be, Hearts home matches aside, and I doubt he has much idea either. 

He’s waiting by the computer for the email that confirms a signing - scarf above the players head 😑

Shocked they didn’t show the cup win v Rangers. Honestly one of the few highlights Hearts had last season. Suprised there was no mention of the St Mirren game. 

stendel seems a decent enough guy, if a bit eccentric. Honestly wonder if the language barrier was a burden, as i struggled to pick up what he was saying half the time so god knows how the players managed it 

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Shocked they didn’t show the cup win v Rangers. Honestly one of the few highlights Hearts had last season. Suprised there was no mention of the St Mirren game. 

stendel seems a decent enough guy, if a bit eccentric. Honestly wonder if the language barrier was a burden, as i struggled to pick up what he was saying half the time so god knows how the players managed it 

Really? He spoke fine. I didn't have a single issue picking up what he said.

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I managed fine with Stendel. So clearly did Barnsley. I doubt he was interjecting every second word with "ecky thump" down there. We'll never know whether Stendel would have done a decent job in the longer term but I doubt the language was the particular issue.

That scottish cup press conference seems to be the moment that stendall realsises he has inherited a shitstorm with regards to the set up.

I absolutely get the need to show what goes on behind the scenes on match day, but that seems to outweigh the on the pitch stuff.

Hugely disappointed that so many failures were missed out in Ep.2, and as mentioned, especially the St Mirren game.
Episode 3, surely had to be box office and completely worth the wait of the relegation/meltdown/court case, but as like the first 2, I suspect it will be red taped to f**k!