Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Levein is one of the most ruthless guys in Scottish football and would happily chuck you under the bus to help himself.  No sympathy here because he seemed upset he got the sack.  He hung on for many months too long solely to satisfy his own ego.

He still believes he would have turned it around. 

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

From the point of view of a lower division club though, between her Scottish football as too many clubs nonsense followed by her shenanigans in the summer with regard to their relegation she's not endearing herself to anyone. I do appreciate that partially in order to do her job for her own club and partially to appease their support she had to say some of the things she did in the summer but some of it was also ludicrous, including at one point suggesting that Hearts being relegated would be very unfair as they'd spent an awful lot of money in January and it hadn't had time to work 🤪. Also that Hearts are a big club with excellent facilities and would be an asset to the Premiership in Covid times.

Can't wait til we get to that episode to see the BBC history rewrite though.

Lost all enthusiasm for this show the moment Tom English started hanging out Budges arse all Summer, and continue to trawl twitter to have digs at any club struggling.

No surprise its little more than a puff piece, and I made the correct decision not watching. Could’ve been a really interesting show that gives a genuine insight into how a club that had such a high budget, and so much quality in the team, could get relegated.

Shame.

Just got round to watching. Quite enjoyable as it's an inside look at a non-OF Scottish football club, and I'll watch future episodes, but as mentioned it doesn't delve into anything other than at surface level.  

It might be they wanted to just make a documentary about the running of a football club, but with the way the season ended up going for Hearts they will have missed a massive opportunity. Unfortunately the BBC are not the folk to give the real story we want to see.  I struggle to see how this is going to turn out any way other than a 'poor hearts were unfairly treated way'.

Folk taking the piss out of a groundsman who clearly has a speech impediment are fucking pathetic.  Also agree with some of the comments about Ann Budge being something a 12 year old would say.

Regarding Budge, she's obviously done well by the club, and is very capable in her business away from football, but I don't think she should ever have ended up in charge.  Nothing to do with being a woman, as I would have a lot of faith in Leanne Dempster making key decisions as a comparison, but Budge just comes across as someone way out their depth in a field they have very little knowledge of.

Because of this, she's maybe allowed folk to convince her of things when someone more experienced and knowledgeable wouldn't have been so easily duped.  Levein convincing her to sack Locke and employ him as director of football as he had a master plan, Levein taking over once Cathro got sacked, her brother in charge of the massively overpriced new stand, Stendel getting the job due to his charisma in an interview when there were numerous better candidates right under her nose: Jack Ross, Stephen Robinson, Tommy Wright for starters. 

I couldn't stand her for her comment about 'too many clubs in Scottish football' and the complete lack of self-awareness in the way she handled just about everything in the summer, but I now wonder if they were as a result of inexperience, naivety and incompetence rather than any calculated or deliberate malice.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

'We don't have a stadium, we have a fortress'

'We don't have players, we have heroes'

😅

pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I can't decide if reading this cringe inducing Liverpool-esque slogan makes me want to give it another chance or not.

Edited by Szamo's_Ammo

1 minute ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

pop tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

I can't decide if reading this cringe inducing Liverpool-esque slogan makes me want to give it another chance or not.

They were on the dressing room wall.

There were others but the camera didn't show them in full.

A massive club, the amount of staff is unreal. Chucky Budges choices in management was utterly atrocious though. Utter shite like Craig Levein getting sacked then doubling down on even worse pish like Stendel Jeezo. Now they’re in the championship and money thrown at the team. Why they didn’t do that last season is a mystery 

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

A massive club, the amount of staff is unreal. Chucky Budges choices in management was utterly atrocious though. Utter shite like Craig Levein getting sacked then doubling down on even worse pish like Stendel Jeezo. Now they’re in the championship and money thrown at the team. Why they didn’t do that last season is a mystery 

We're spending significantly less this season than last, so