Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

13 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Lmao

From out of nowhere this former groundsman who signed on trial, real Cinderella story. Final of the champions league, about 50 yards out.

ITS A GOAL

I’m confident the Hearts head groundsman will receive total consciousness on his deathbed.  

So he’s got that going for him.  Which is nice.

You could have put the genuinely insightful and interesting parts of that three hours into a half-time feature on a Friday night game and lost nothing of value, really. As a 'behind the scenes' piece of storytelling it was useless, with very little that wasn't public knowledge.
Alba tend to offer better behind the scenes insight in their half time snippets. And VFTT for that matter.

I get they were mainly interviewing people at Hearts but the narration could have at least given some insight into why things weren't going the way Hearts demanded.

Also, Brian McLauchlin's two-fingered typing! How does he manage to produce an article?

"Fly on the wall? Naw, we've never had any flies at Tynecastle. An' if we did, they'd be special. Special Hearts flies, on a special Hearts wall. It's just different here, eh?" 

I've only myself to blame for watching that third episode, but it was even more of a Hearts PR piece than the first two. Gary Locke drawing a wage to be the Gorgie Trump is just a staggering state of affairs. 

37 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I get they were mainly interviewing people at Hearts but the narration could have at least given some insight into why things weren't going the way Hearts demanded.

The narration was pretty dreadful. On more than one occasion I could have sworn I was listening to Billy Connolly doing his condescending weather presenter routine:

<Points at map> "This is the country where you live!"

4 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

The narration was pretty dreadful. On more than one occasion I could have sworn I was listening to Billy Connolly doing his condescending weather presenter routine:

<Points at map> "This is the country where you live!"

Spot on! 

The narrator read every noun like it was being revealed to him in real time, in the manner of Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues. 

"Hearts? and Partick Thistle? are taking the SFA? to the Court of Session!?

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

"Fly on the wall? Naw, we've never had any flies at Tynecastle. An' if we did, they'd be special. Special Hearts flies, on a special Hearts wall. It's just different here, eh?" 

I've only myself to blame for watching that third episode, but it was even more of a Hearts PR piece than the first two. Gary Locke drawing a wage to be the Gorgie Trump is just a staggering state of affairs. 

No taking this third place well eh!

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Spot on! 

The narrator read every noun like it was being revealed to him in real time, in the manner of Bob Dylan's Subterranean Homesick Blues. 

"Hearts? and Partick Thistle? are taking the SFA? to the Court of Session!?

Day four in the Big Brother house...