Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

4 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

Also, was it the worst soundtrack ever, or am I just showing my advancing age here?

Nope, the music was atrocious throughout.  Selected without any subtlety or nuance, utterly rotten.  I'm sure they used one of the regular View from the Terrace tunes as well.... it's like, um there's already a BBC fitba programme that's used that song - no imagination.  

33 minutes ago, HMIP said:

The Hearts groundsman reminds me of Bill Murray in Caddyshack.

Which one? 

The one from the first couple of weeks done my box in. The guy on the final episode - the head Groundsman - come across as a guy that would get easily taken advantage of due to his utter devotion to the club. 

2 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Worst part of that documentary was being reminded that Raith Rovers hired Locke over Jack Ross. 

Not only that, but the person who drew up the shortlist of candidates to be interviewed rejected McGlynn in favour of Locke. 

And we wonder why we've been bleeding through our arses financially over the last few seasons. 

You could have put the genuinely insightful and interesting parts of that three hours into a half-time feature on a Friday night game and lost nothing of value, really. As a 'behind the scenes' piece of storytelling it was useless, with very little that wasn't public knowledge.

One of the worst sporting documentaries of the modern era.  It's like something from the early 90's when we first started getting behind the scenes football stuff it was so shallow.

Its like they felt obliged to show everything, it was all over the place. Agree about the music, 10 seconds of some random hip hop tune that had no relevance to what's being shown.

Not sharing the love in for Stendel. Yes he was a nice guy, yes his release was very badly handled, but he was a terrible manager with terrible communication skills. He should never have been appointed.

Still amazed at the lack of self-awareness shown by Budge. "We want to be in the Premiership not just for the glory, but also because of the cost to the club if we get relegated".  She genuinely expected the rest of football to put Hearts before their own club.  'Vote reconstruction for one season only because it'll save Hearts, and next year when some of the rest of you are down near the bottom we should be fine so who cares'.

8 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Not sharing the love in for Stendel. Yes he was a nice guy, yes his release was very badly handled, but he was a terrible manager with terrible communication skills. He should never have been appointed.

And yet Stendel managed to communicate perfectly well in Barnsley. I've no idea if he's a terrible manager or not really. He doesn't have an extensive background in management so it's hard to say. He did well with Barnsley and was popular with their fans but they were in League 1 for most of his spell and, according to Wiki anyway, his German coaching career appears to consist of a short spell at Hannover 96 which was statistically impressive but he was still ultimately sacked. I don't think fundamentally that what amounts to a 3 month spell at Hearts who were already bottom when he arrived proves much. He never had a summer window to work with.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And yet Stendel managed to communicate perfectly well in Barnsley. I've no idea if he's a terrible manager or not really. He doesn't have an extensive background in management so it's hard to say. He did well with Barnsley and was popular with their fans but they were in League 1 for most of his spell and, according to Wiki anyway, his German coaching career appears to consist of a short spell at Hannover 96 which was statistically impressive but he was still ultimately sacked. I don't think fundamentally that what amounts to a 3 month spell at Hearts who were already bottom when he arrived proves much. He never had a summer window to work with.

I think that when you're trying to get your point across... what's the word in English...

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I was possibly harsh judging him on his limited time at Hearts, but they brought in good players in January, were the fourth biggest spenders and the only teams they beat in the league under him were Hibs and Rangers.  Maybe the comment right coach at the wrong time was true. 

I thought the way they played when in a relegation dogfight was incredibly naive, playing a slow defence high up the park with tonnes of space for the opposition to counter into.