Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

When Budge first came in I'm pretty sure she was seen as a breath of fresh air, seemed to say some good things in the media. 

Then she said there were too many teams in Scotland and since then it's been rare for her to say something in the media that doesn't make her sound like a c**t. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

When Budge first came in I'm pretty sure she was seen as a breath of fresh air, seemed to say some good things in the media. 

Then she said there were too many teams in Scotland and since then it's been rare for her to say something in the media that doesn't make her sound like a c**t. 

That doesn't really have anything to do with her being a woman though, does it? The snide comments always seem to. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Was surprised how ill-at-ease she was during the whole thing. Maybe just uncomfortable in front of the camera.  Also thought it was a bit unfair that the Hearts women bit focused entirely on Kevin Murphy and not the actual manager who got them promoted, unless he just didn’t want interviewed. Murphy has since left for a job at Rangers. 

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

Was surprised how ill-at-ease she was during the whole thing. Maybe just uncomfortable in front of the camera.  Also thought it was a bit unfair that the Hearts women bit focused entirely on Kevin Murphy and not the actual manager who got them promoted, unless he just didn’t want interviewed. Murphy has since left for a job at Rangers. 

Murphy was the manager I'm sure.  He was director of the woman's academy as well, but pretty sure it was dual role.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Murphy was the manager I'm sure.  He was director of the woman's academy as well, but pretty sure it was dual role.

He wasn’t the manager at that point. Hence why he was up at the back of the stand during the game. He got appointed manager after they got promoted.  

1 minute ago, roverthemoon said:

He wasn’t the manager at that point. Hence why he was up at the back of the stand during the game. He got appointed manager after they got promoted.  

Good point, completely forgetting the dates the women's league runs, and he wasn't appointed til the turn of the year.  It was Andy someone wasn't it?  

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

That doesn't really have anything to do with her being a woman though, does it? The snide comments always seem to. 

Misogynistic comments are always to be deplored, however it is possible to have a dislike of Budge that isn't related to her being a women, I'm personally not a fan but that's related too the afore mentioned comment, and then her conduct in the summer just wasn't terribly nice. 

But aye, there does seem to be a recurring theme where people bring her gender into it. Nae need. 

17 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Was surprised how ill-at-ease she was during the whole thing. Maybe just uncomfortable in front of the camera.  . 

Partly being uncomfortable in front of the camera, partly due to Hearts having an absolute nightmare of a season, I'm sure if they were tearing it up and doing well she'd be more comfortable in the situation. 

It must be a pretty nightmarish situation to be an owner of a football club who are underperforming as much as Hearts were last year, juggling the finances as well as trying to appease the fans etc, and then the way it all ended, while hilarious is bound to have driven some directors mad last year. 

8 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Misogynistic comments are always to be deplored, however it is possible to have a dislike of Budge that isn't related to her being a women, I'm personally not a fan but that's related too the afore mentioned comment, and then her conduct in the summer just wasn't terribly nice. 

But aye, there does seem to be a recurring theme where people bring her gender into it. Nae need. 

Let's just hope Leslie Deans doesn't pop up in a future episode.

I have to say I really enjoyed this, despite the Saint's hammering at Tynie featuring. As one of three clubs that can realistically ever challenge the Old Firm, it's nice to think Hearts are well run, and Budge clearly has the club's interest at heart (no pun intended) and is obviously keen for them to realise their potential. As someone who's generally interested in the Scottish game, it was interesting to see 'behind the scenes', and I look forward to the next episode. In fact cameras were filming me as I went to collect my tickets for the Hearts game from the stadium, so there's an incredibly small chance I might even feature in the programme.

Despite the court nonsense in the summer I don’t really get the hate for Budge, especially from Hearts fans. She’s steadied the ship and managed to deliver a new main stand which gives the club great facilities and huge income generating possibilities compared to what the old main stand could offer. Hearts are also doing loads of great stuff in the community. Ok, on the pitch it’s not been great but given the club was in administration just a few years ago, then I’d be thankful that the club was on a secure footing - even if it is in the Championship (probably temporarily) 

4 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Despite the court nonsense in the summer I don’t really get the hate for Budge, especially from Hearts fans. She’s steadied the ship and managed to deliver a new main stand which gives the club great facilities and huge income generating possibilities compared to what the old main stand could offer. Hearts are also doing loads of great stuff in the community. Ok, on the pitch it’s not been great but given the club was in administration just a few years ago, then I’d be thankful that the club was on a secure footing - even if it is in the Championship (probably temporarily) 

When you consider the budget Hearts likely had, and the absolute guff served up by Levein - I can absolutely understand why Hearts fans would feel ill will towards her - regardless of what she did to save the club.  Hearts first relegation had the caveat of the administration, there was no reason at all why Hearts should have been bottom for much of last season given how the club had moved forward off the pitch. 

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

When you consider the budget Hearts likely had, and the absolute guff served up by Levein - I can absolutely understand why Hearts fans would feel ill will towards her - regardless of what she did to save the club.  Hearts first relegation had the caveat of the administration, there was no reason at all why Hearts should have been bottom for much of last season given how the club had moved forward off the pitch. 

Her loyalty to Levein seems to have been her one blind spot. Still think on balance that she’s easily been more good than bad for the club. 

7 hours ago, Ralstonite said:

I have to say I really enjoyed this, despite the Saint's hammering at Tynie featuring. As one of three clubs that can realistically ever challenge the Old Firm, it's nice to think Hearts are well run, and Budge clearly has the club's interest at heart (no pun intended) and is obviously keen for them to realise their potential. As someone who's generally interested in the Scottish game, it was interesting to see 'behind the scenes', and I look forward to the next episode. In fact cameras were filming me as I went to collect my tickets for the Hearts game from the stadium, so there's an incredibly small chance I might even feature in the programme.

You're absolutely terrible at this.

53 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I'm not going to flatter myself to consider how Hearts fans should see her though from the outside I would think she's done well by them.

From the point of view of a lower division club though, between her Scottish football as too many clubs nonsense followed by her shenanigans in the summer with regard to their relegation she's not endearing herself to anyone. I do appreciate that partially in order to do her job for her own club and partially to appease their support she had to say some of the things she did in the summer but some of it was also ludicrous, including at one point suggesting that Hearts being relegated would be very unfair as they'd spent an awful lot of money in January and it hadn't had time to work 🤪. Also that Hearts are a big club with excellent facilities and would be an asset to the Premiership in Covid times.

58 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

Watched this yesterday, felt quite sorry for Levein until I remembered watching his brand of "Football" on a weekly basis. He clearly wanted to do well but he's so stubborn he just thought his vision for the club would just click into place.

Still find it hard to feel any sympathy for Levein and Budge after wasting so much cash on sub-standard players. 

Levein is one of the most ruthless guys in Scottish football and would happily chuck you under the bus to help himself.  No sympathy here because he seemed upset he got the sack.  He hung on for many months too long solely to satisfy his own ego.