Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

As others have said, you expect a club to have some degree of editorial input in exchange for allowing the cameras in to prevent complete meltdowns being aired in public, and you also have to appreciate that there'll be an attempt to get a bigger audience than just diehard football fans which means it's going to be a bit higher level so not necessarily as insightful as the average P&B poster might like. The BBC are also likely to more cautious than most in terms of avoiding muck raking for controversy, so I'm not overly surprised we aren't getting Sunderland Til I Die levels of gold.

However, none of that explains how utterly tedious that was. While you're not expecting an in-depth tactical analysis of each game, you can still hope for a documentary about a football club to deliver a bit more insight into why results were bad than 'some players were injured, this made Craig Levein sad and Ann Budge was sad that she had to sack him.' There was really no coherent narrative around any aspect of it, just a succession of puff pieces of various individuals.

They surely can't manage to make it so tedious again when they get to the lockdown?

12 minutes ago, Toby said:

It was a problem for Hearts to deal with at the time. It would’ve shown how they cope with negative press coverage and the fallout from serious allegations.

Instead it was completely ignored. It didn’t fill me with much confidence that the BBC were prepared to cover anything that might show Hearts in a poor light.

From what I can see online, the security and stewards had nothing to do with it at the match. It looks as though it was reported after the match. The police only got involved a couple of days later after Hearts opened an investigation themselves. 

I thought the guy in the club shop noticing an XL top at the front of the rack was a tense moment. Just showed how far the club had sunk at that point.

From a club PR point of view, not as bad as it could have been but as a supporter,  I was getting increasingly annoyed at how how easily the sh1tfest Levein created was airbrushed as "that's football" and failed to highlight the real anger from the stands.

Still cringe at MacPhee with his suit and tie and stats to hand to hype up his record.

Did laugh at him being driven over the bridge in his suit and tie like a convicted drink driver and then rallying the team about "the f*cking war".

1 minute ago, Mr. Alli said:

From what I can see online, the security and stewards had nothing to do with it at the match. It looks as though it was reported after the match. The police only got involved a couple of days later after Hearts opened an investigation themselves. 

Maybe you’re right. My memory of it was pretty vague and it probably would’ve been TV footage that caught it rather than CCTV.

Wee stooshie upstream about how Budge is treated on this board... Totally agree that casual misogyny is every bit as bad as any other form of casual, snidey discrimination, but really don’t think that’s in play for the overwhelming majority of posters, who probably aren’t concerned in any way by the fact that she’s a woman... but don’t take kindly to blinkered, hypocritical, sanctimonious club-owners who appear to know hee-haw about football.

As for the programme itself... laughable. Went out of its way at every possible turn to paper over the real story, rather than try to reveal something. So what’s the point?

15 hours ago, Toby said:

First thing I noticed was the way the programme covered the 1-1 draw with Rangers, and particularly Alfredo Morelos’ equaliser. At the time, the big story was about a fan being caught on camera allegedly racially abusing him. It wasn’t clear at the time if the guy did racially abuse him, but for the BBC to just completely omit any mention of such a big talking point hardly gives you the confidence that this is going to do anything other than show Hearts in the best possible light.

Maybe I’m nit picking, but warts n’ all it ain’t.

I found that really weird as well, especially considering they were focusing on security for that part of the episode and the guy even said something about watching the behaviour of the fans.

You'd think that, especially in the current climate, they would have saw that as a great way to condemn racism but instead decided to completely ignore it.

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

The way folk constantly talk about Budge on this board and get away with it is a fucking joke btw.  

Oh, she's a woman, would you f**k her lads?!!

9 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Entirely predictable.  Simple misogyny.  The same way some folk will get triggered by the programme covering the Hearts women’s team. 

Settle the f**k down. 

Thought everyone came across really well and poor Hearts were only in this position because of the horrible injuries they had suffered to their top internationalists(felt really really sorry for Levein at this point as not even a top manager could have coped with this catastrophe).. Looking forward to the episodes where these injured players come back and save poor Hearts from certain relegation. Didn't know it was produced by HBO (Hearts Broadcasting Organisation)

8 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Can understand the club not agreeing to a warts and all documentary as it’s not in their interest to make themselves look foolish, but there were so many opportunities missed. There wasn’t even one meaningful behind the scenes conversation shown about the process of employing Stendel, besides the completely stilted and staged conversation between Ann Budge and the finance person who looked like they couldn’t care less who had applied.  If all we are in for is an extremely awkward Budge and a childlike Gary Locke desperate to be on camera, then it’s going to be a very dull watch. 

Imagine how good it would be if someone did one of those undercover camera/fake employee things at a Scottish football club.