Inside Tynecastle - BBC Documentary for 2019/20

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

If anyone thinks the BBC will deliver anything other than a puff piece then they're going to be disappointed.

Maybe. Worth remembering they are still banned from Ibrox and not being spoken to by Rangers about 5 years on from not kow-towing to the Rangers line back then.

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Maybe. Worth remembering they are still banned from Ibrox and not being spoken to by Rangers about 5 years on from not kow-towing to the Rangers line back then.

The BBC aren’t banned from Ibrox.  They refuse to broadcast from the stadium on account of one of their journalists being singled out.  The effect is the same, though.

Just now, Savage Henry said:

The BBC aren’t banned from Ibrox.  They refuse to broadcast from the stadium on account of one of their journalists being singled out.  The effect is the same, though.

Not banned per say, IIRC Rangers objected to one of the journalists and excluded him, the BBC then lifted their ball and went home in protest.

Just now, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Not banned per say, IIRC Rangers objected to one of the journalists and excluded him, the BBC then lifted their ball and went home in protest.

Yep.  As I say, the effect is the same, but if you’re going to be fair to the, oh, East Fifes of this world, you have to be fair to the Rangers/BBC as well.

24 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Ok, fair enough. Wasn't aware of that. Just so we're clear then are there never any post match interviews with Steven Gerrard because the BBC choose not to take part in them or because Gerrard won't speak to them (under instruction presumably)?

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just so we're clear then are there never any post match interviews with Steven Gerrard because the BBC choose not to take part in them or because Gerrard won't speak to them (under instruction presumably)?

I think (could be wrong) the BBC choose not to take part/report them. If I remember the original spat correctly, Rangers banned/made it clear that one particular journalist was not welcome at Ibrox. BBC told Rangers the BBC would send whatever reporter the BBC deemed fit to cover games at Ibrox. Not sure what happened then. Certainly has not stopped the national broadcaster giving certain teams a tongue-bath on every single sports show/bulletin.

Rangers objected when a BBC reporter reported, perfectly accurately, that three Rangers fans had been lifted at Easter Road for sectarian offences in a Challenge Cup tie.

Rangers, despite doing everything possible to combat the sectarian culture in their support of course, withdrew press privileges from this particular reporter for Ibrox, despite him literally having got nothing wrong.

The BBC refused to be dictated to in this way by a club, and so this stand-off has developed.  

The effect does amount basically to a ban, unless the BBC wish to accept that certain of their reporters are to be prevented from working, even when they're right.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Rangers objected when a BBC reporter reported, perfectly accurately, that three Rangers fans had been lifted at Easter Road for sectarian offences in a Challenge Cup tie.

Rangers, despite doing everything possible to combat the sectarian culture in their support of course, withdrew press privileges from this particular reporter for Ibrox, despite him literally having got nothing wrong.

The BBC refused to be dictated to in this way by a club, and so this stand-off has developed.  

The effect does amount basically to a ban, unless the BBC wish to accept that certain of their reporters are to be prevented from working, even when they're right.

Ok, I didn't realise any of this. I thought it all stemmed from a Panorma type expose on the whole Craig Whyte debacle. Shows how much attention I paid at the time. It just irritates me when Sportscene does post match analysis of games and the presenter reads out Steven Gerrard's post match quotes after we've seen and heard the opposing manager's comments.

This is what I'm thinking of

In fact it's this

Took me a wee bit of research through a few references to "a journalist" before discovering it's Chris McLaughlin they banned.

Anyway, back "on topic", my point was given they've been willing to dig in and refuse to do what Rangers want for 4 or 5 years now I don't think there's really any grounds to assume a documentary on Hearts will be "a puff piece". Unless of course Tom English is in charge of it and then he'll do whatever Ann tells him to.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

22 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If anyone thinks the BBC will deliver anything other than a puff piece then they're going to be disappointed.

Its being produced by an independent production company for the BBC. 

Regardless of what the BBC want, they cant really sugar coat this jobby sandwich.

Its going to be unmissable 🤣