It's not reached the Ayr United level yet. It's going to get worse for sure.

I can imagine if we beat them then a few of them will have to have their internet access revoked for a few months.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Quite a shite fixture list for us.

Hearts, Ayr and ICT away twice. Dumfries on boxing day. Start and end with an away fixture. Fewer home games than away.

Awk well. Just get the season started now. Can't wait! 

I thought Nelms would have secured a more favourable set of fixtures when he sold his vote to Lawwell...

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I thought Nelms would have secured a more favourable set of fixtures when he sold his vote to Lawwell...

Is that lifted straight from Kickback or Rangers Media?

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think that figure of 81 can be true surely? Definitely not for league games.

There are only 48 Premiership games on and I doubt very much that BBC Scotland and Alba (do they even have rights any more?) will have 33 lower league games between them across a 27 game season.

BBC Scotland have 20 Championship games per season (but I'm sure i read somewhere, they're getting the 7 that they didn't get at the end of last season added to this seasons total)
ALBA have 6 games per season, although again I don't know if they're just limited to League 1 or include Championship as well.

I also forgot to mention the 6 PO games that Sky also have rights to as well.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Neither would surprise me, but I don't frequent either so I made it up.

They'll be reading that post and reacting like this:

16 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

BBC Scotland have 20 Championship games per season (but I'm sure i read somewhere, they're getting the 7 that they didn't get at the end of last season added to this seasons total)
ALBA have 6 games per season, although again I don't know if they're just limited to League 1 or include Championship as well.

I also forgot to mention the 6 PO games that Sky also have rights to as well.

The only time the details of the BBC deal was announced was back in November 2018. The BBC Scotland deal for the Championship was announced as up to 20 games across the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons, not 20 games per season. It has been extended to this season, given that the BBC have already announced their presenting team, and the final game of the Championship season has been scheduled for 7:05pm on a Friday, but there hasn't actually been an official announcement.

BBC Alba used to have rights for games up to 2017/18, but it wasn't mentioned in this article and I don't think any were shown last season, so I'm not convinced that deal still exists.

7 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The only time the details of the BBC deal was announced was back in November 2018. The BBC Scotland deal for the Championship was announced as up to 20 games across the 2018/19 and 2019/20 seasons, not 20 games per season. It has been extended to this season, given that the BBC have already announced their presenting team, and the final game of the Championship season has been scheduled for 7:05pm on a Friday, but there hasn't actually been an official announcement.

BBC Alba used to have rights for games up to 2017/18, but it wasn't mentioned in this article and I don't think any were shown last season, so I'm not convinced that deal still exists.

Er apart from the one that accompanied today's fixture release?

SPFL Website

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yup  I stand corrected:
48 Premiership matches on SKY
20 Championship matches on BBC Scotland
4 Playoff Final Matches on ALBA
4-6 Premiership Playoffs on SKY

(This would give you 78-80 games over the course of the league season)

9 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Yup  I stand corrected:
48 Premiership matches on SKY
20 Championship matches on BBC Scotland
4 Playoff Final Matches on ALBA
4-6 Premiership Playoffs on SKY

(This would give you 78-80 games over the course of the league season)

4 Playoff Final matches on Alba? I thought they only showed the two legs of the Championship one.

Actually, despite some annoyances, the schedule does a decent job of portioning out the expected attendances. Using last year’s averages to position the teams average attendance 1-10, we end up with Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline, ICT, Raith, Ayr, Morton, Arbroath, QoS and Alloa. Now Raith might move above ICT having moved up a division, but it’s a minor fudge.

Adding those numbers, and then dividing by the 4 or 5 games, we get the following average attendance positions...which is of course for home matches, but serves as a useful proxy for visiting fans totals (* means five home games in last nine):

Arbroath - 6.6*

Hearts - 6.2*

Morton - 6*

Dunfermline - 5.8*

Dundee - 5.75

ICT/QoS - 5.25

Ayr/Raith - 4.75

Alloa - 4*

Other than the outlier in Alloa, they seem to have made an attempt to somewhat balance the schedule with expected visiting fan totals. Alloa is more an artifact of someone had to get lucky, so why not give the lowest drawing club a bonus. Of the lot, Arbroath seem to have got the shaft, with Morton a close second.

Edited by TxRover

I wonder if there's the same restrictions on the number of times a team can be shown at home, as there is with Sky in the Premiership.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Hearts aren't involved in the majority of televised games. 

30 minutes ago, The Master said:

I wonder if there's the same restrictions on the number of times a team can be shown at home, as there is with Sky in the Premiership.

Either way, I'd be surprised if Hearts aren't involved in the majority of televised games.

It was 2 home games per club maximim last year. I assume it will be the same although I guess there's an argument that for games with no crowd it wouldn't matter.