With the fixture list out tomorrow does anybody know if they are using a system to divy up the fixture imbalance between home and away split against individual teams?

Not too interested in the overall home and away imbalance, 13/14 or 14/13 but the 2/1 or 1/2 split against teams 

Maybe a seeding system from last years positions so that teams don't end up playing away twice against all their perceived closest challengers. 

Anyway it's bound to cause gripes and moans so from tomorrow there are a couple of months to stew over it and develop conspiracy theories. 

35 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

With the fixture list out tomorrow does anybody know if they are using a system to divy up the fixture imbalance between home and away split against individual teams?

Not too interested in the overall home and away imbalance, 13/14 or 14/13 but the 2/1 or 1/2 split against teams 

Maybe a seeding system from last years positions so that teams don't end up playing away twice against all their perceived closest challengers. 

Anyway it's bound to cause gripes and moans so from tomorrow there are a couple of months to stew over it and develop conspiracy theories. 

Rumours going about that the teams who finished ,2,3,4 , relegated team from Premiership and 1st Division champions got the extra home game , you know what some rumours are like ( tomorrow will tell ) , the fixtures will need to ensure the 2 Edinburgh and Dundee teams can’t be at home on the same day 

Edited by Robbo63

14 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

the fixtures will need to ensure the 2 Edinburgh and Dundee teams can’t be at home on the same day 

That may not be possible with it being different sized divisions and a different matrix. They'll try to avoid it as far as possible but it won't be the first time one of them has had to move to Friday or Sunday if need be.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That may not be possible with it being different sized divisions and a different matrix. They'll try to avoid it as far as possible but it won't be the first time one of them has had to move to Friday or Sunday if need be.

I mean between Sky, ALBA and BBC Scotland there's 81 games on TV next season, so there's a good chance one in a "clash week" would get moved for TV anyway. 

Also if games are still with limited fans come the clash, policing won't be as stretched so you could have two games at ER and Tynie on the same day for example.

Weird feeling about the fixtures being released tomorrow since we don't actually know if we'll be at the games in person.

If this was any normal season i'd be buzzing to see where we are on the first and final day, who we've got over the festive period and when we've got Hearts away. 

But atm i'm not really feeling anything, very odd.

I'd absolutely love for Dundee and United to be at home on the same day at the same time just once.

Apparently happened before the 90s (Not sure if 70s or 80s) and went without incident.

Logistical nightmare and obviously will never happen, but my days it'd be class.

I'd absolutely love for Dundee and United to be at home on the same day at the same time just once.

Apparently happened before the 90s (Not sure if 70s or 80s) and went without incident.

Logistical nightmare and obviously will never happen, but my days it'd be class.

Cup in 67/68 United 5 Hearts 6 in early kick-off then police wouldn’t let us up the road for Dundee 1 Rangers 1 (I think). Might have been 2pm and 3.30pm starts but too long ago. Also happened earlier in 60’s.

ETA The 5-6 games was amazing with Finn Seemann missing a penalty for United. Highlights on YouTube. The days when there was no stigma going to Tannadice when Dundee we’re away,

Our first home game of the season is usually to some diddy team, after getting the longest possible away game to start the season...

ICT away first, followed by Alloa at Dens.

All three games against Hearts to be live on TV, 8 red and 22 yellow cards across the three games...

18 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:
I mean between Sky, ALBA and BBC Scotland there's 81 games on TV next season, so there's a good chance one in a "clash week" would get moved for TV anyway. 

Also if games are still with limited fans come the clash, policing won't be as stretched so you could have two games at ER and Tynie on the same day for example.

I don't think that figure of 81 can be true surely? Definitely not for league games.

There are only 48 Premiership games on and I doubt very much that BBC Scotland and Alba (do they even have rights any more?) will have 33 lower league games between them across a 27 game season.

Edited by craigkillie

53 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I don't think that figure of 81 can be true surely? Definitely not for league games.

There are only 48 Premiership games on and I doubt very much that BBC Scotland and Alba (do they even have rights any more?) will have 33 lower league games between them across a 27 game season.

I assume he's including the Cups in that number.

Scottish Championship 
Ayr United v Queen of the South
Dunfermline Athletic v Inverness Caledonian Thistle 
Heart of Midlothian v Dundee 
Morton v Alloa Athletic
Raith Rovers v Arbroath

That's actually top patter from the SPFL.

Strong chance of horses on the pitch on the opening day of the season.

Edited by GiGi