Conspiracy Theories

42 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm stunned that anyone loonball enough to actually watch GBnews in the first place would ever be offended by any of the content never mind offended enough to complain officially. Its 24/7 right wing moon howler stuff and surely that's exactly what it's dwindling viewers actually tune in for. Sky removed its platform for Fox and RT but arguably GBN is way worse in its extreme positions.

A lot of people who complain about things on TV didn't actually watch the thing they submited the complaint about. 

Edited by Michael W

41 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I'm stunned that anyone loonball enough to actually watch GBnews in the first place would ever be offended by any of the content never mind offended enough to complain officially. Its 24/7 right wing moon howler stuff and surely that's exactly what it's dwindling viewers actually tune in for. Sky removed its platform for Fox and RT but arguably GBN is way worse in its extreme positions.

I suspect that a significant part of their viewing figures comes from left wing culture warriors waiting for someone to say something shitty so they can post the video on their twitters and feel superior to the thickos who don't actually even watch this shite. 

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Wasn't sure to put this here, or in the "It's hot in here" thread but apparently weather forecasters in Spain and elsewhere are getting it in the neck from the weather conspiracy loonies.... 

https://us.cnn.com/2023/05/27/world/meteorologists-conspiracy-harassment-abuse-climate-intl/index.html

There were posters at it on here last summer.

Antivaxxers- Yeah, I don’t believe all the available evidence and research by scientists.

Also antivaxxers - I believe this graffiti on a pub toilet door.

https://twitter.com/stilettodave/status/1665099070116089856?s=46&t=VI9PBOGiArQ8qgQBk99O4w

This guy also thought that the recent Australian earthquake was fake.

Conspiracy theorists get on my nerves more and more now.

According to them, everything is fake and the world is plotting day night to **** them over. It seems more like an attention thing and the internet seems to have given them the platform and publicity they crave. The sandy hook massacre showed how dangerous these people can be as well, hounding families because they were convinced it’s all a plot because someone in the footage, looked slightly similar to someone in another video. As if there aren’t the possibility of two people looking the same.

14 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

According to them, everything is fake and the world is plotting day night to **** them over. It seems more like an attention thing and the internet seems to have given them the platform and publicity they crave.

I suppose he has to do something now the twin-set and pearl brigade aren't flocking to his Coast book signings, but I give you Exhibit 1, m'lud 

FxhcZaZXsAY3acC.jpeg.9f284aabcebd5824cff06afdf0f27b67.jpeg

I'd happily rattle a chip pan aff his brain.

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

I suppose he has to do something now the twin-set and pearl brigade aren't flocking to his Coast book signings, but I give you Exhibit 1, m'lud 

FxhcZaZXsAY3acC.jpeg.9f284aabcebd5824cff06afdf0f27b67.jpeg

I'd happily rattle a chip pan aff his brain.

But the important question is he salt and vinegar  or salt and sauce with his chip?

On 14/08/2022 at 13:40, Lofarl said:

I'm mad into my ufo stuff now.  Reddits ufo subreddits having a massive crowdwank over that picture.  If the story the photographer and his pal tells is true then it's fascinating.  It hovered totally silent then flew straight up at fast speed.

But the skeptic in me thinks thats a B2 bomber or some other triangle shaped aircraft and the top of it is motion blur as it's a shade lighter than the bottom.

I base my theory on having had two pints and now onto some tomatin single malt as I'm off tomorrow.

On 05/06/2023 at 06:10, buchan30 said:

Conspiracy theorists get on my nerves more and more now.

According to them, everything is fake and the world is plotting day night to **** them over. It seems more like an attention thing and the internet seems to have given them the platform and publicity they crave. The sandy hook massacre showed how dangerous these people can be as well, hounding families because they were convinced it’s all a plot because someone in the footage, looked slightly similar to someone in another video. As if there aren’t the possibility of two people looking the same.

Everyone likes to be “in the know”, and today we have a world with very easy communication of ideas, and high visibility possible if you’re the one “in the know”…is it any surprise the the drunken laddie in seat 13F, who spends all day Saturday moaning and yelling at his team/the Ref/the universe, needs to feel more important?

A couple of conspiracy theorists bite the dust.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-65809895.amp

"An anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist has been sentenced to 12 months in prison for plotting to destroy 5G masts.

Christine Grayson, 60, joined an online chat group in 2021 after "becoming obsessed" with the belief they were linked to the Covid-19 vaccine."

and...

"Her co-defendant Darren Reynolds, 60, was also jailed for terror offences.

Reynolds, of Newbould Crescent, Sheffield, had been cleared of conspiracy to commit criminal damage in relation to 5G masts, but found guilty of terrorism offences.

He was jailed for 12 years, with an additional year on licence, after being found guilty of offences linked to his "extreme right wing, antisemitic and racist views".

I really cannot be arsed "doing my own research" to find out, but how have the tinfoil hatters taken their mental 5G predictions turning out to be arse gravy?