Conspiracy Theories

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'm fairly sure they can't overcome the sun turning into a red giant,  but if they can escape that surely the heat death of the universe will get them. 

Likewise an overdue and absolutely justified deployment of the guillotine, but I'm sure the live forever doctors will be safely ensconced with the billionaires on their private, mercenary guarded island community by then*. 

*then being about 2025  

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/aug/28/britons-need-to-be-less-squeamish-about-drinking-water-from-sewage-says-agency-head

Eat the bugs and wash them down with a lovely glass of sewage. 

I can see wee Nippy selling our water off before she goes for a big job. 

I don't get that, thought we already drink water that's been through a treatment plant. I thought the problem was that not enough sewage is getting treated and is pumped straight into the rivers and sea.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I don't get that, thought we already drink water that's been through a treatment plant. I thought the problem was that not enough sewage is getting treated and is pumped straight into the rivers and sea.

You drink water that comes from a reservoir eg Loch Katrine and is treated before it gets to your house. 

Sewage goes from your bog, gets treated then pumped into the sea. This guy (and Bill Gates) want to treat sewage with a process that they claim makes it drinkable and then recycle the recovered water back into the domestic water supply. 

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Is there not some statistic that every drop of water in the Thames has been through seven people before it reaches the sea?

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

You drink water that comes from a reservoir eg Loch Katrine and is treated before it gets to your house. 

Sewage goes from your bog, gets treated then pumped into the sea. This guy (and Bill Gates) want to treat sewage with a process that they claim makes it drinkable and then recycle the recovered water back into the domestic water supply. 

Don't see the problem if it's clean and healthy after treatment. Remember going to the Centre for Alternative Technology near Machynlleth in Wales, and the urinal in the gents was fed through gravel and all sorts to deliver fine tasting water at the other end. They do a similar thing on on the Space Station.

7 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Is there not some statistic that every drop of water in the Thames has been through seven people before it reaches the sea?

Aye, and in every glass you drink there's a tiny bit of Julius Caesar's pish. That probably came from some homeopathic nutter though. 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Don't see the problem if it's clean and healthy after treatment. Remember going to the Centre for Alternative Technology near Machynlleth in Wales, and the urinal in the gents was fed through gravel and all sorts to deliver fine tasting water at the other end. They do a similar thing on on the Space Station.

Plenty of people such as Madonna and boxing legend Juan Manuel Marquez drink piss. Each to their own.

No one willingly drinks jobbies. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Aye, and in every glass you drink there's a tiny bit of Julius Caesar's pish. That probably came from some homeopathic nutter though. 

Every breath you take includes molecules that Julius Caesar breathed out in his last breath.  Statistically speaking.

I think the Police did a song about it but I might be wrong.

6 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Plenty of people such as Madonna and boxing legend Juan Manuel Marquez drink piss. Each to their own.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Funnily enough i was thinking of the ISS and the botanic gadens in Wales,  where they recycle all sewage but for flushing and watering plants,  not drinking. 

I'd have no problem with this in principle but in practice it would need to be carefully managed. I'd have zero confidence that any of our water companies could be trusted to do it properly or to tell anyone when they've accidentally let a few thousand litres of shite into the water pipes. 

8 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Funnily enough i was thinking of the ISS and the botanic gadens in Wales,  where they recycle all sewage but for flushing and watering plants,  not drinking. 

I'd have no problem with this in principle but in practice it would need to be carefully managed. I'd have zero confidence that any of our water companies could be trusted to do it properly or to tell anyone when they've accidentally let a few thousand litres of shite into the water pipes. 

When they're pumping sewage into the rivers our current water is just diluted shite and pish anyway.

I saw A South Park episode which indicated otherwise.
On the topic of water does anyone else feel that the effect of the worst European drought in 500 years on the food chain is being underplayed in the media?

Not to mention the biggest heatwave in human history which has been almost entirely ignored by the MSM, #conspiracy!

53 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
22 hours ago, Fullerene said:
Every breath you take includes molecules that Julius Caesar breathed out in his last breath.  Statistically speaking.
I think the Police did a song about it but I might be wrong.

"Don't stand so close to me"?

Nope. 

"De Do Do", which is Latin for About Shit.