Conspiracy Theories

I had Pluto while in China. The meat itself is terrible, but the scorn I get from people when I tell them makes it all worthwhile.
I've had quite good dog, but with these things you only have once it's tough to tell how much its down to the meat and how much is down to the skill of the butcher/farmer/chef.

I had lion and tiger in Mexico when I was younger. Not particularly proud of the tiger once I realised how few of them there are. Generally, carnivore mammals aren't particularly tasty.

18 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I had lion and tiger in Mexico when I was younger. Not particularly proud of the tiger once I realised how few of them there are. Generally, carnivore mammals aren't particularly tasty.

1031499006_a7969566a7_b.thumb.jpg.efdab10dc9853cb3d1ab54644a5081f4.jpg

Don't worry there's the same chance you ate lion and tiger as there is of this being an actual zebra.

Edited by Detournement

1031499006_a7969566a7_b.thumb.jpg.efdab10dc9853cb3d1ab54644a5081f4.jpg
Don't worry there's the same chance you ate lion and tiger as there is of this being an actual zebra.
I got it from the butcher and watched them cut the meat from the leg. It may not have been lion or tiger but definitely a big big cat of some flavour.

29 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I've had quite good dog, but with these things you only have once it's tough to tell how much its down to the meat and how much is down to the skill of the butcher/farmer/chef.

Don't understand how anyone could eat that. They're skinned alive to add to the 'flavour'.

Beyond horrific.

Don't understand how anyone could eat that. They're skinned alive to add to the 'flavour'.
Beyond horrific.
It was a lost in translation mis-order.

The Twi woman who ran a guesthouse I stayed at in Ghana sold one of her dogs to an ethnic minority who eat them, pretty sure those ones aren't flayed. She hated that dog though, "If he does it again it's chop chop for Charlie!" was effectively her catchphrase until he eventually went for chop chop.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It was a lost in translation mis-order.

The Twi woman who ran a guesthouse I stayed at in Ghana sold one of her dogs to an ethnic minority who eat them, pretty sure those ones aren't flayed. She hated that dog though, "If he does it again it's chop chop for Charlie!" was effectively her catchphrase until he eventually went for chop chop.

Fair enough, whole thing is just fucking awful.

Oh dear. Another one in the eye for the 'forced cashless society!!111' James Melville/Detournement types. No doubt the current cost of living crisis is some global WEF-conjured false flag, but would all these plots please just stop being mutually incompatible already!

Gary Holt has a bizarre pet theory that there were actually three Lemmy Kilmister's in the world. The Exodus/Slayer guitarist shared an old memory of when Exodus spent a week "partying like fucking animals" in London before they hit the road. During at least one of those trips, the Bay Area thrash band would run into the Motörhead frontman at various bars around England, and Holt swears (with a twinge of humor, of course) that the man must've had at least two other clones of himself based on his supernatural ability to turn up at every building they arrived at.

https://www.revolvermag.com/music/exodus-gary-holt-why-i-think-there-were-least-3-lemmys?fbclid=IwAR0VCgt1q_xLoQO4V4AP3LkyZnjeDjJbhpDQOI4HRf80CzLdxCr2axbi678&fs=e&s=cl

Saw a documentary on Motorhead, where it said he was taking crazy amounts of speed, he was up all the time. and popping up here there and everywhere. Also said the doctor advised him to keep taking it, as if he stopped his body wouldn't have been able to handle it.

On 10/08/2022 at 19:57, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Saw a documentary on Motorhead, where it said he was taking crazy amounts of speed, he was up all the time. and popping up here there and everywhere. Also said the doctor advised him to keep taking it, as if he stopped his body wouldn't have been able to handle it.

Yeah, there was a fad at one point where rock stars would get a blood transfusion in order to clean themselves up. Lemmy enquired about it and went so far as to get blood samples taken...the doctor who took the samples called him back once the results came in and told him not to get it done under any circumstances as to all intents and purpose he didn't have normal human blood any more.

Over the years his blood had mutated into a kind of toxic amphetamine soup, and a transfusion of clean blood would likely have sent him into shock and killed him.

On 13/08/2022 at 16:32, Zetterlund said:

Interesting story, I'd not heard this one before. 

Still waiting for a decent quality UFO pic from one of the eleventy billion mobile phones in use in the world, though.

I'm mad into my ufo stuff now.  Reddits ufo subreddits having a massive crowdwank over that picture.  If the story the photographer and his pal tells is true then it's fascinating.  It hovered totally silent then flew straight up at fast speed.

But the skeptic in me thinks thats a B2 bomber or some other triangle shaped aircraft and the top of it is motion blur as it's a shade lighter than the bottom.

I base my theory on having had two pints and now onto some tomatin single malt as I'm off tomorrow.