Conspiracy Theories

Just now, welshbairn said:

Icelanders love to snack on a bit of puffin and pony.

And fermented/rancid shark.

One of very few times I couldn't even swallow what I put in my mouth!

Cue Kengif!

Is Hakarl (fermented shark) much different to Surstromming (fermented herring)? It's always entertaining to see video of people opening tins of the latter, although I'm sure I'd feel differently if I'd ever done it myself.

I understand Hakarl is like vomit cheese, so it couldn't sound less appealing to me if it was covered in spiders and racism.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm no veggie but I'd rather we got used to eating mutton again instead of baby sheep (lamb). 

In the great melting pot that is High Wycombe you can buy mutton from local butchers.  You can also buy it online.

18 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm no veggie but I'd rather we got used to eating mutton again instead of baby sheep (lamb). 

Lamb can be up to a year old, which is way past full grown. 

I like mutton but i don't think the economics of keeping the sheep longer primarily for food make much sense. Mutton will be mostly a by product of lamb production.

Also, kepping longer = more farts and burps so should be discouraged on environmental grounds. 

On the flipside, eat more veal. 

One of the best meals I've had in my 60-odd years was lightly grilled whale in Stavanger.  The stingy b*****ds didn't serve us the whole 'fish'.
I've had some fantastic whale, the fuckers aren't even endangered, more of them on my plate, please.

If you’ve ever ridden a motorbike, you’ve eaten plenty of bugs. 

Other than that, any revulsion is purely cultural. Few of us would look at a pig or a cow and think “Ooh, yummy”. Transform them into bacon or steak and we’d trample orphans to get at them. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The average is 6 months, which in human lifespans would be troublesome toddler.

Ever picked a toddler up?  If so there is absolutely no chance you can genuinely be telling us that they are not significantly more succulent than menopausal Janice.  

Edited by parsforlife

10 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ever picked a toddler up?  If so there is absolutely no chance you can genuinely be telling us that they are not significantly more succulent than menopausal Janice.  

Not to mention the delicious adrenochrome.

You wait long enough and everything comes back round to the topic.

On 01/08/2022 at 19:00, Raidernation said:

I love telling my grandaughter I've eaten both Bambi and Thumper.

Regional restaurant in Romania, meat platter had venison, boar and and bear, and have had baby rabbit in France,

Thumper, Bambi, Baloo and Pumba - Disney is more a menu idea than a movie company to me.