Conspiracy Theories

48 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

The background of this case, including the UK's involvement in the Libyan conflict, should be one of the biggest political scandals in recent history. But because it's not in the papers nobody knows or cares. Just another example of acceptable levels of blowback to be swept under the carpet.

The media have barely mentioned the connection between the family and the security services so it's pretty much guaranteed that whatever is being covered up is extremely serious.

That so many people were murdered in an event where the state is clearly culpable to some extent but absolutely nothing is done to examine the level of culpability basically means that the state can get away with anything. 

56 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Cockburn is a real journalist. Peter Osborne has also highlighted it as has crazy Peter Hitchens.

I don't think it's a coincidence that they are all past retirement age and it's obvious that their conception of journalism is different from the younger generations writing most of the copy for UK newspapers (all three also vocally protest the persecution and torture of Assange).

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/oct/25/mi5-downgraded-intelligence-on-manchester-arena-bomber-inquiry-hears

MI5 received two pieces of information on Abedi in the months leading up to the bombing which were downgraded despite being relevant to the attack. They won't be disclosed in public. 

I believe that is what you call a cover up.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-manchester-59048384

Abedi walked through passport control unchallenged and collected explosive materials directly after leaving the airport.

The inquiry is now going to be held in secret. I'm guessing all the stuff about him being sent to Libya in 2011 and extracted from Benghazi by the Royal Navy will never be explained to the families of the victims. 

I was idly googling a few things about my old University and I've just realised that I very likely had at least one advisor of studies who was an intelligence agent or at the very least adjacent.  I could've been recruited.  What a miss for them.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I was idly googling a few things about my old University and I've just realised that I very likely had at least one advisor of studies who was an intelligence agent or at the very least adjacent.  I could've been recruited.  What a miss for them.

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Twat...

Apparently there are hundreds of QAnon supporters currently gathered in Dallas to await the return of JFK Jr. and possibly JFK Sr who are going to anoint Trump as the true President.

Some talk online about Kobe Bryant and Robin Williams also returning.

10 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Apparently there are hundreds of QAnon supporters currently gathered in Dallas to await the return of JFK Jr. and possibly JFK Sr who are going to anoint Trump as the true President.

Some talk online about Kobe Bryant and Robin Williams also returning.

The elephant in the room about QAnon is that the NSA could easily put a stop to it and obviously know who is doing all the posts making people crazy. It's very convienent that the focus is on Deeley Plaza just when the new Oliver Stone movie is about to come out and the Biden administration is refusing to release the last classified documents as was promised in 1992. 

Just now, Detournement said:

The elephant in the room about QAnon is that the NSA could easily put a stop to it and obviously know who is doing all the posts making people crazy. It's very convienent that the focus is on Deeley Plaza just when the new Oliver Stone movie is about to come out and the Biden administration is refusing to release the last classified documents as was promised in 1992. 

Is it not fairly widely known who is posting as Q, that 8Chan guy and his son?

Just now, ICTChris said:

Is it not fairly widely known who is posting as Q, that 8Chan guy and his son?

That's what I saw but the lack of high profile debunking or tying the instigators up in legal trouble for instigating Q linked terror attacks suggests to me the phenomenon has the blessing of the US state. 

Moving this in here as it seems a more natural home for it than the Poppy Cringe Thread…

On 01/11/2021 at 12:53, Aim Here said:

I'm very much partial to the conspiracy theory that the current queen is actually Katherine Bowes Lyon. When discovering that Lizzy Windsor was mentally disabled, they did a quick switcharoo for the good of the realm (the two were born only a couple of months apart) and carried on as if nothing had happened.

I mean, I have zero evidence for this, but it's 100% true, of course.

On 01/11/2021 at 12:57, Sergeant Wilson said:

The one on the left looks like The Queen.

1200x800-538583253937.jpg

On 01/11/2021 at 13:11, Jacksgranda said:

It's not unusual for cousins to bear a bit of a physical resemblance to each other.

On 01/11/2021 at 13:36, Aim Here said:

Exactly. If you need to find a ringer for your now-unacceptable Royal heir, you'll be more likely to find them among your relatives - and it'll be easier to persuade fairly close relatives to keep quiet about this sort of thing. You're not thinking like a Buckingham Palace troubleshooter.

On 01/11/2021 at 13:46, Funky Nosejob said:

Except there would have been no anticipation of Lizzie being an heir until much later.

Edward, the nazi sympathiser, was first in line and George, Lizzie’s father, was only the spare. It wasn’t until Edward abdicated in 1938 that Lizzie would become a realistic heir to the throne.

On 01/11/2021 at 14:43, Aim Here said:

So that would make them both ten years old; this was 1936, when the cutting edge form of news media was the Pathé newsreel and where wall-to-wall 24-hour news saturation coverage or even the likes of Hello Magazine were decades in the future. What with her not having that many public engagements to date (between the age and the fact she was hitherto just a second-string royal), It's plausible that there weren't that many people in the country who would be able to recognize which of two ten-year old girls they'd never seen in the flesh and only barely seen in print or on the screen was the real Liz Windsor and which was the ringer.

It all makes sense, if you're just willing to believe.

14 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Although she would have literally been 3rd in line for the throne and a generation younger than number one and two so it wasn't totally unlikely

The question then becomes when would the switch have happened?

At birth is unlikely as, even with the advances in modern medical diagnosis, it’s unusual for any signs of learning disabilities to present themselves prior to the age of 2.

Once identified, it would be unnecessary as the expectation would still have been for Edward to marry a, closely related, Protestant princess and produce offspring to succeed him.

At the abdication? Can you imagine a conversation that goes…

“Well, Margaret. Uncle Eddie has abdicated and Daddy is going to be the new king. As Lizzie might not be up to it, we’re going to bring in your cousin Katherine to replace her and jump ahead of you in the succession. Oh, and if at some point in the future you wish to marry someone who we deem to be unsuitable, don’t think that you can use this secret as some kind of leverage.”