Conspiracy Theories

Every now and then the US will admit to having killed, tortured, and/or experimented on many of its own citizens, and it always seems to be met with the response of, "it's really awful to see what our government was doing to us in the past. Such a shame that this information was only released after the people responsible were dead/too old and gaga to prosecute*. Thank God those days are gone and all these state-sponsored policies and programs have ended."

Meanwhile, the spooks and federal government employees approaching retirement shuffle their feet nervously.

Edit: *or, even more worryingly, never broke any laws in the first place.

Edited by BFTD

I took a shared taxi in Uzbekistan a couple of years back and we ran out of fuel about six kilometres short of Termez. Luckily we weren't far from a petrol station and had stopped next to a cafe.

The driver went into the cafe and returned with four litre bottles of beer. After finishing our beer the now over-the-limit driver wandered down the road to fill the empties with fuel.

• 2 weeks later...

This video came up on my YouTube rotation yesterday. Explains in the first three minutes why nobody can prove the existence of Bigfoots and, I have to say, I'm right behind Biggie's quest for truth now.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

This video came up on my YouTube rotation yesterday. Explains in the first three minutes why nobody can prove the existence of Bigfoots and, I have to say, I'm right behind Biggie's quest for truth now.

The truth will come out in the end Dave, hopefully.

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

BoE already talking about placing restrictions on digital currency effectively creating different categories of money. 

Eg. Money with a time limit before it expires, money that can't be exchanged for another currency, money that can only be spent on certain goods. 

Screenshot_2021-10-20-16-18-36-913_com.twitter.android.jpg

That's John Menzies vouchers you're thinking of.

5 hours ago, Detournement said:

BoE already talking about placing restrictions on digital currency effectively creating different categories of money. 

Eg. Money with a time limit before it expires, money that can't be exchanged for another currency, money that can only be spent on certain goods. 

Screenshot_2021-10-20-16-18-36-913_com.twitter.android.jpg

Not sure that would technically be money, although there's no single agreed definition of what money actually is. 

Finally the Tories get to issue food stamps to the feckless and look all modern and techy at the same time. 

The Manchester bomber's brother was allowed to leave the country rather than give evidence to the public inquiry.
What a surprise.
Ryanair only gave him 12 months extension on his vouchers so hardly a suprise he had to use them.

34 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Whenever there's something secretive and demonic going on under the surface in British society I feel like Warwick Uni are never that far away

They have an impressive roll call of alumini to be sure but a secret cabal of AL Kennedy, Frank Skinner and Camila Batmangelidh running the world would be interesting...

"Sting enrolled to study there, but left after a term".

Maybe someone was watching every breath he took...

On 21/10/2021 at 18:21, Detournement said:

The Manchester bomber's brother was allowed to leave the country rather than give evidence to the public inquiry.

What a surprise.

The background of this case, including the UK's involvement in the Libyan conflict, should be one of the biggest political scandals in recent history. But because it's not in the papers nobody knows or cares. Just another example of acceptable levels of blowback to be swept under the carpet.