Conspiracy Theories

On 02/05/2021 at 10:26, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The Patterson /Gimlin film is about as clear as you can get.

Yeah, about that:

A computerized visual analysis of the video conducted by Cliff Crook, who once devoted rooms to sasquatch memorabilia in his home in Bothell, Washington, and Chris Murphy, a Canadian Bigfoot buff from Vancouver, British Columbia, was released in January 1999 and exposed an object which appeared to be the suit's zip-fastener.

These are two keen sasquatchists who were persuaded to change their minds when they found the zip on the creature suit in the "best" film evidence.

You have to respect people who set aside their dearly held beliefs once they are falsified by evidence.

6 minutes ago, sugna said:

Yeah, about that:

These are two keen sasquatchists who were persuaded to change their minds when they found the zip on the creature suit in the "best" film evidence.

You have to respect people who set aside their dearly held beliefs once they are falsified by evidence.

Never heard of this nonsense about a zip. If it was a suit it would have been debunked about 50 years ago.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Never heard of this nonsense about a zip. If it was a suit it would have been debunked about 50 years ago.

Spoiler

It was a suit.

On 02/05/2021 at 10:26, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The Patterson /Gimlin film is about as clear as you can get. The DNA has been done, human female/male unknown.

That's my last word on it.

Thank you.

I think you'll find that wasn't your last word on it.

Spoiler

Any more than it wasn't just someone in a suit.

29 minutes ago, sugna said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It was a suit.

I think you'll find that wasn't your last word on it.

Hide contents

Any more than it wasn't just someone in a suit.

Well done, give yourself a big pat on the back.

A YouTube video appeared on my suggested today titled ‘Finland Doesn’t Exist’. Apparently there is a conspiracy theory that the country of Finland is actually just a vast expanse of water, used by Japan to supply the Sushi industry with adequate amounts of fish by bypassing the strict regulations with regards to fishing quotas. It’s quite obviously a lot of nonsense but I guarantee there is people out there who believe it. 

Edit - I forgot to say that one of the arguments they use to back up the conspiracy is that fish have fins, and the country is called ‘Fin’land. That’s actually a solid argument, because if I ever end up going to the trouble of pretending a country exists as cover for my illegal fishing antics, I’m obviously going to name it something that directly relates to a fish. 

Wasn't the original thing about Finland not existing down to its percentage of population of earth being less than the acceptable margin of error and therefore its possible it does not exist.
Shrodingers Finland if you will.

Still would beat us at football

I think the most convincing conspiracy is the idea that Alex Jones and David Icke are government plants to put normal people off being interested in them...

10 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

How come these expert hunters don't hunt a Bigfoot?

Puts tinfoil helmet on, and waits for abuse barrage............

Would be a suicide mission, in the wilderness these beings are top of the food chain, not us.

19 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Puts tinfoil helmet on, and waits for abuse barrage............

Would be a suicide mission, in the wilderness these beings are top of the food chain, not us.

There'll be countless cases of hikers in the wilderness etc being murdered by Bigfeet then