Conspiracy Theories

A lifetime spent comatose, with nothing of interest going through their minds. And those poor b*****ds held captive underneath it all.
BTW, if there's such a thing as not being battered enough during childhood, I'd suggest that people who pester grieving families with their conspiracy bollocks are firmly in that category.
You happy with the official story then, Davey boy?

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:
4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:
A lifetime spent comatose, with nothing of interest going through their minds. And those poor b*****ds held captive underneath it all.
BTW, if there's such a thing as not being battered enough during childhood, I'd suggest that people who pester grieving families with their conspiracy bollocks are firmly in that category.

You happy with the official story then, Davey boy?

If there's one thing I never thought I'd get picked up on, it would be thinking that harassment of dead people's families is the work of utter scumbags.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The conspiracy theories' root cause is how simple and cheap it was for these jihadi nutters to do what they did. People don't like to believe their normal lives are at risk from brainwashed suicidal zealots from the other side of the planet with about 50 grand to spare and some time on flight simulator software. So it must have been some intricate plot by lizards etc.

Jack Ruby was no jihadi nutter, Welshy!

12 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The conspiracy theories' root cause is how simple and cheap it was for these jihadi nutters to do what they did. People don't like to believe their normal lives are at risk from brainwashed suicidal zealots from the other side of the planet with about 50 grand to spare and some time on flight simulator software. So it must have been some intricate plot by lizards etc.

I don’t think that’s the root cause tbh - almost all people who believe 9/11 was an inside job will also believe the Kennedy assassination  was an inside job and the moon landing was faked etc and there’s different forces at work in all these incidents. There’s a mindset to conspiracy theorists which revolves around them feeling a sense of powerlessness in the world and that they aren’t in full control of their own lives so when something major happens in the world they chose to believe that there are powerful forces at work and there is some sort of master plan at the end of it. The internet has certainly helped stir up people’s insecurities over the last 20 years as well, too much time spent online and researching conspiracy theorists will certainly turn you into a very antisocial and paranoid individual.

7 hours ago, throbber said:

I don’t think that’s the root cause tbh - almost all people who believe 9/11 was an inside job will also believe the Kennedy assassination  was an inside job and the moon landing was faked etc and there’s different forces at work in all these incidents. There’s a mindset to conspiracy theorists which revolves around them feeling a sense of powerlessness in the world and that they aren’t in full control of their own lives so when something major happens in the world they chose to believe that there are powerful forces at work and there is some sort of master plan at the end of it. The internet has certainly helped stir up people’s insecurities over the last 20 years as well, too much time spent online and researching conspiracy theorists will certainly turn you into a very antisocial and paranoid individual.

Very true - those who subscribe to a belief in one of those fringe theories very rarely subscribe to only the one of them, and concoct a bizarre overarching unified theory that when you break it down is preposterous. There's almost a determination to ignore any evidence to the contrary as well...I remember some clown on Twitter bleating that the Boston marathon bombing was a false flag and photos of it were staged using amputee actors. A friend of one of the injured tweeted straight back saying they'd met one of them that morning and they definitely had two legs then. Didn't stop the theorising though.

Regarding 9/11, I'm willing to believe the fourth plane might have been shot down by the USAF as that scenario isn't beyond the realms of possibility, but some of the truther stuff out there is astonishing....there's actually footage of the two WTC planes crashing and the Pentagon one was a plane too - a mate of mine was working in the embassy in DC at the time, and one of his workmates saw it happen while driving into work, as did hundreds of other motorists who were a few hundred yards away on the interstate at the time.

Most of the time the simplest scenario will be closest to the truth - I remember that Jon Ronson documentary where he interviewed the likes of Alex Jones were frothing at the gash at what went on in the Bilderberg group...Ronson interviewed the guy who organised the meetings who basically said it would be a lot weirder and probably would be more of a story if groups of influential people DIDN'T occasionally get together to discuss problems facing the world and how to tackle them.

Conspiracy theories are popular because they allow thick people to believe they are smarter than everyone else. It's pretty similar to Dunning-Kruger.

The temperature inside the Great Pyramid never changes either and despite it being much hotter outside it always remains at 20 degrees Celsius ie the average temperature on earth.

I know this is an old post, but taking this at face value.

Is the temperature inside the Great Pyramid increasing at the moment in line with global warming, and did it drop during the “little Ice Age” in the 16th - 19th centuries?

Or is it always 20° Celsius?

The fourth plane was definitely shot down. If you believe the 9/11 report no one in the US government was that bothered about the 4th jet for 30 minutes and were just about to get round to deciding what to do with it when it conveniently crashed.

The whole story has a Jessica Lynch or Pat Tillman vibe. Pat Tilman is another true conspiracy theory btw. 

Building 7 is the weird bit. f**k knows what was going on there.

1 minute ago, hearthammer said:

Mi amigo, please send mich the post where je called or referred to vouz as a simpleton.

Merci, Cheers, Danke Gracias

Why?

You were on the forum the next day with the excuse of being pished when posting your batshit nonsense IIRC.

9 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Mi amigo, please send mich the post where je called or referred to vouz as a simpleton.

Merci, Cheers, Danke Gracias

On 26/10/2019 at 23:47, hearthammer said:

you're deluded and a simpleton who accepts all that the daily mail tells you.  Have a good life (ps, look after yourself).

On 26/10/2019 at 23:50, Crawford Bridge said:

You believe in 9/11 conspiracies.

I'll leave it for others to decide who the simpleton is.

Here you go you weirdo.

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

Why?

You were on the forum the next day with the excuse of being pished when posting your batshit nonsense IIRC.

Just send me the post where i referred to you as a "simpleton", and if i did, then i'll certainly apologise. 

We may have differing views on life and events, Throbber being the perfect example. He gave his overview of how he views people who may believe certain things/happenings as being somehow inadequate in their overall psyche and outlook, but the man has his view and is entitled to it.

13 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Cased closed.  I apologise for the terminology used.

Ram your apology up your hoop. I don't buy into the everyone is entitled to their opinion pish.

The downside of the rise of the internet is that oddballs like you think their batshit, dangerous views are somehow valid because they now have a platform that isn't just being the pub bore.

Edit to add- Accuse me of being simple all you want but the Daily Mail shite was beyond the pail.

Edited by Crawford Bridge

1 minute ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Ram your apology up your hoop. I don't buy into the everyone is entitled to their opinion pish.

The downside of the rise of the internet is that oddballs like you think their batshit, dangerous views are somehow valid because they now have a platform that isn't just being the pub bore.

October 2019   ?????

If you've been stewing for ten months to have a go at me over this, then your critique of me would appear to be more a mirror chez vous that you haven't yet recognised or are in such a quandary with life (covid ??) that mayhaps you should look for professional help.

Look after yourself, mi amig/o(a)