Conspiracy Theories

Peter Ebdon was consistently a w**k for snooker reasons. Earlier this year he retired and his twitter account genuinely looked like some of the bots you get on here - tweets about healing crystals, vaccines being a hoax, the works. Then a "I have retired from professional snooker" at the top, it was quite surreal. Let's have a look and see what he's up to today...

"Petition: Prevent any restrictions on those who refuse a Covid-19 vaccination"

Ah, yes.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Peter Ebdon was consistently a w**k for snooker reasons. Earlier this year he retired and his twitter account genuinely looked like some of the bots you get on here - tweets about healing crystals, vaccines being a hoax, the works. Then a "I have retired from professional snooker" at the top, it was quite surreal. Let's have a look and see what he's up to today...

"Petition: Prevent any restrictions on those who refuse a Covid-19 vaccination"

Ah, yes.

Before the pyramids were built, Ancient Egypt was full of large stones that were just lying around.  It was impossible to get anything done.  The stones were always in the way.  New road - no.  Stones blocking the way.  New houses.  New bridges.  New aqueducts.  Forget it.  The stones were everywhere.

Eventually a decision was made to move all the stones to one location or maybe a few and place them in such a way that they would not fall down and get in the way again.

That's it.

I don't know everybody is making such a big thing about it.

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Just watched this...

https://www.netflix.com/gb/title/81015076

While I admire the commitment to the cause of these Flat Earthers, the blind ignorance of basic scientific evidence is perplexing. 

There does however seem to be a common link between these people, anti-vaxers, 9/11 deniers, belief in a satanic ruling elite etc.

Never heard anyone ever deny 9/11 happened. Plenty holes to pick in the official story but I don't think anyone thinks the buildings are still up

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Never heard anyone ever deny 9/11 happened. Plenty holes to pick in the official story but I don't think anyone thinks the buildings are still up

Poorly worded :oops

I was of course referring to those who deny the WTC was hit by hijacked airliners. 

1 hour ago, Lurkst said:

Poorly worded :oops

I was of course referring to those who deny the WTC was hit by hijacked airliners. 

I think they usually believe that it was hit by airliners, but that the gubmint knew the attack was coming and turned a blind eye, so they could rig the buildings with explosives and perform a controlled demolition, blame it on those pesky Muslims, and kick off an undefined war against a general concept that would make them billions. @throbber will be able to explain better.

Also, I never tried one of those Pyramints when they were available, and I really regret making such a poor life decision now.

30 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I think they usually believe that it was hit by airliners, but that the gubmint knew the attack was coming and turned a blind eye, so they could rig the buildings with explosives and perform a controlled demolition, blame it on those pesky Muslims, and kick off an undefined war against a general concept that would make them billions. @throbber will be able to explain better.

Also, I never tried one of those Pyramints when they were available, and I really regret making such a poor life decision now.

Some reports are that the towers were hit by military planes based on eye witnesses accounts at the time and the fact when you see the footage the planes look grey with no markings on the side. The pentagon was the most suspicious as it didn’t look like a plane had hit it and there was no markings on the lawn and no released footage of a plane hitting it despite numerous cameras being on the crash point at the time. There is also the theory of controlled demolition from both twin towers and wtc7 which wasn’t even hit by a plane. Personally I don’t have any opinions as to what happened but I enjoy the discussion and the only way you can enter any debate is by going all in IMO.

13 minutes ago, throbber said:

Some reports are that the towers were hit by military planes based on eye witnesses accounts at the time and the fact when you see the footage the planes look grey with no markings on the side. The pentagon was the most suspicious as it didn’t look like a plane had hit it and there was no markings on the lawn and no released footage of a plane hitting it despite numerous cameras being on the crash point at the time. There is also the theory of controlled demolition from both twin towers and wtc7 which wasn’t even hit by a plane. Personally I don’t have any opinions as to what happened but I enjoy the discussion and the only way you can enter any debate is by going all in IMO.

The towers being hit by military planes would imply the passengers who died weren't actually on board, wouldn't it?

Is this another Sandy Hook thing, with deeply-punchable internet weirdos claiming the bereaved are liars?

9/11 was missiles. Or lasers. Or empty, decommissioned military planes.
Fun fact: The one person I've seen argue that last one also doesn't think Sandy Hook happened.
Or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees

4 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The towers being hit by military planes would imply the passengers who died weren't actually on board, wouldn't it?

Is this another Sandy Hook thing, with deeply-punchable internet weirdos claiming the bereaved are liars?

It would Imply there were no hijackings anyway, it basically grows arms and legs from the planes looking grey and the markings not being visible from available footage IMO. Not sure why they’d bother using a military plane and saying it was an American Airlines, doesn’t really add up IMO.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It would Imply there were no hijackings anyway, it basically grows arms and legs from the planes looking grey and the markings not being visible from available footage IMO. Not sure why they’d bother using a military plane and saying it was an American Airlines, doesn’t really add up IMO.

Also relies on the airline being in on it as well, as if not they would instantly say they were not their planes.

9 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The passengers are all being kept sedated under Denver airport, sheeple.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The passengers are all being kept sedated under Denver airport, sheeple.

A lifetime spent comatose, with nothing of interest going through their minds. And those poor b*****ds held captive underneath it all.

BTW, if there's such a thing as not being battered enough during childhood, I'd suggest that people who pester grieving families with their conspiracy bollocks are firmly in that category.

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Also relies on the airline being in on it as well, as if not they would instantly say they were not their planes.

The conspiracy theories' root cause is how simple and cheap it was for these jihadi nutters to do what they did. People don't like to believe their normal lives are at risk from brainwashed suicidal zealots from the other side of the planet with about 50 grand to spare and some time on flight simulator software. So it must have been some intricate plot by lizards etc.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

The conspiracy theories' root cause is how simple and cheap it was for these jihadi nutters to do what they did. People don't like to believe their normal lives are at risk from brainwashed suicidal zealots from the other side of the planet with about 50 grand to spare and some time on flight simulator software. So it must have been some intricate plot by lizards etc.

The maddest/most unbelievable element of the day is the phone calls between the civilian air traffic controllers in Boston and the military. Once the ATC folk realised they had a hijack they rang the air defence folk. Coincidentally they were preparing for some training war games so thought it was some sort of prank/training call. The air traffic control lad says “can you maybe send some planes up as we have a passenger jet closing in on New York at top speed?”. He gets passed round different folk who ask him questions in military speak (totally baffling and flustering him) and don’t believe him. They ring back after a bit and continue to ask all these military jargon questions. Ten minutes of a civilian telling the military they need to “send some f16s or something” before someone in charge reluctantly sends some pilots to “battle stations”.

Edited by Shandon Par

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

9/11 was missiles. Or lasers. Or empty, decommissioned military planes.

Fun fact: The one person I've seen argue that last one also doesn't think Sandy Hook happened.

Sandy Hook is another favourite conspiracy of the globe earth deniers.