Conspiracy Theories

11 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

1. - Quick look online and there doesn't seem to be any evidence whatsoever to back this up, just a couple of dodgy looking sites stating that as fact.  Several articles claim that due to air shafts, certain parts remain at roughly the same temperature.  I'm not saying it's bollocks, just there appears to be lack of evidence.  

2. - Why not build them that shape?  Also, 4000 years ago nobody was looking down on them.

You're playing Devils advocate though and just looking for a reaction, I know you don't believe aliens were involved.

The temperature seems to be pretty common knowledge from what I’ve read. I don’t know about it being the average temperature on earth though it’s just another cool feature.

Why would they go to all that hassle of building an incredibly intricate concave shape that is only very rarely visible and only visible from above when aircraft wast even a concept then and wasn’t invented for another 4000 years? Seems like a hell of a lot of effort to go to for something you aren’t going to see.

As for your last part, you rarely get a discussion about things like this when you sit on the fence so it’s best to show a bit of bias. I have no clue what was going on in the world 4000 years ago.

9 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:
15 minutes ago, Fullerene said:
This thread has been hijacked by people who just want to talk about pyramids.  Who is behind that?

Toblerone

Toblerone invented Yodelling 

Edited by stanton

8 minutes ago, throbber said:

The temperature seems to be pretty common knowledge from what I’ve read. I don’t know about it being the average temperature on earth though it’s just another cool feature.

Why would they go to all that hassle of building an incredibly intricate concave shape that is only very rarely visible and only visible from above when aircraft wast even a concept then and wasn’t invented for another 4000 years? Seems like a hell of a lot of effort to go to for something you aren’t going to see.

As for your last part, you rarely get a discussion about things like this when you sit on the fence so it’s best to show a bit of bias. I have no clue what was going on in the world 4000 years ago.

Because they thought the gods were looking down at them.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's like an Only Fans for them.

The gods watching them is probably right - but it would be a pretty tricky thing to pull off when you can’t get an aerial view. I do wonder if the Egyptians used units of measurements such as “bawhair” and “c*ntfull” like they did when I was on the tools.

Unfortunately the Earth's average temperature is 14.7°, so it's not a cool feature, just more absolute bollocks.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Why would they go to all that hassle of building an incredibly intricate concave shape that is only very rarely visible and only visible from above when aircraft wast even a concept then and wasn’t invented for another 4000 years?

They were probably pished on their 8 pints a shift and it was meant to be flat.

46 minutes ago, throbber said:

The gods watching them is probably right - but it would be a pretty tricky thing to pull off when you can’t get an aerial view. 

Can we only build tricky things when we have a view from above? You're all over the shop here.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Can we only build tricky things when we have a view from above? You're all over the shop here.

There is “tricky” and then there is building a concave effect so slight you can only view it during the spring and autumn equinoxes. Also you can only see it from a matter of meters above it when the light shines on it, the gods won’t be able to see it and that’s what the shiney stones were for.

Just now, throbber said:

There is “tricky” and then there is building a concave effect so slight you can only view it during the spring and autumn equinoxes. Also you can only see it from a matter of meters above it when the light shines on it, the gods won’t be able to see it and that’s what the shiney stones were for.

You're working on the assumption that they made the concave bits precisely so you could see it from above. How do you know that's why they built it?

Just now, The Moonster said:

You're working on the assumption that they made the concave bits precisely so you could see it from above. How do you know that's why they built it?

Because you can only see it from above, you can’t see it side on. It was only noticed in 1940 when a pilot flew over it.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Because you can only see it from above, you can’t see it side on. It was only noticed in 1940 when a pilot flew over it.

You're missing my point. How do you know the purpose of the concave bits were purely aesthetic? Maybe it was designed that way for another reason, as you admit yourself naecunt can see it from above so it seems illogical to me that the reason the walls are concave so folk could look at it. Perhaps they thought concave walls would give the structure more strength? 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You're missing my point. How do you know the purpose of the concave bits were purely aesthetic? Maybe it was designed that way for another reason, as you admit yourself naecunt can see it from above so it seems illogical to me that the reason the walls are concave so folk could look at it. Perhaps they thought concave walls would give the structure more strength? 

It seems like a bit too much of a coincidence that it is only visible during the equinox though does it not? It’s like the same idea as the Chichen Itza in Mexico which gives off the illusion of a snake climbing it during the equinox but it’s only visible from above. That said the great pyramid was clad in highly reflective stone for thousands of years which eroded in time, I don’t even know if the concave was ever visible on that.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

It seems like a bit too much of a coincidence that it is only visible during the equinox though does it not? It’s like the same idea as the Chichen Itza in Mexico which gives off the illusion of a snake climbing it during the equinox but it’s only visible from above. That said the great pyramid was clad in highly reflective stone for thousands of years which eroded in time, I don’t even know if the concave was ever visible on that.

I think you've just dismantled your own point there. We have no idea why these walls are concave, we don't know if they were even visible from above when it was built, so I don't know how it can be too much of a coincidence that we only see them at certain times of the year.

I totally agree with you that it is an amazing feat of engineering and construction, but I struggle to get on board with the notion that something more intelligent than humans built it for reasons humans won't properly understand.

The plaster in my bedroom looks perfectly flat. But when I shine my lamp on it at an acute angle you can see it's slightly concave. Wow I hear you say. But wait the the bulb in that lamp is Mazda 40W. Mazda named after Ahura Mazda "the lord of Wisdom". 40 as in 40 days and 40 nights. Have you seen the rain this week. It's perfectly clear to me my plasterer is an alien and has sent a warning. I've already ripped up my decking and am building an ark.

13 minutes ago, thisal said:

The plaster in my bedroom looks perfectly flat. But when I shine my lamp on it at an acute angle you can see it's slightly concave. Wow I hear you say. But wait the the bulb in that lamp is Mazda 40W. Mazda named after Ahura Mazda "the lord of Wisdom". 40 as in 40 days and 40 nights. Have you seen the rain this week. It's perfectly clear to me my plasterer is an alien and has sent a warning. I've already ripped up my decking and am building an ark.

You've misinterpreted that because you forgot about the W. W is the initial letter of the word "w@nker" and the rain is caused by you making Baby Jesus cry though unholy self abuse...