Conspiracy Theories

40 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Here's a real time one for you all

The world's most powerful corporation buying the DNA samples of millions of unsuspecting people. What could go wrong!

Isn't Ancestry (the company) a load of old bollocks?

Still, they buying up all the samples is rather concerning.

32 minutes ago, Detournement said:

TrueAnon is a podcast I like listening to which focuses on the Epstein case and other conspiracy stuff. Not long ago they had Azaela Banks who has hung out with Elon Musk and other silicon valley oligarchs. Her insane theory is that people like Musk want to move all production to the Moon/Mars where it will be carried out by clones and the Earth will be depopulated so it's a playground for the rich which has elements of eugenics, ecofascism and transhumanism.

It wasn't until I was at work the next day that I realised she was basically just describing Totally Recall and Moon. 

arnold schwarzenegger eyes GIF

9 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Aye she had him rattled. To be fair I think Brace still wins for being a meth addict and joining the YPG. 

She was stoned out her box at the start of it and talking gibberish but when she came down a bit she made some good points about stuff like prison labour being essential to capitalist production. Also 212 is the best song of the last 

Agreed on 212. She is absolutely mesmerising in that video. 

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Isn't Ancestry (the company) a load of old bollocks?

Still, they buying up all the samples is rather concerning

arnold schwarzenegger eyes GIF

The results they send people are bollocks. The value of a huge DNA database is apparently $4.7 billion which is not at all bollocks. 

Edited by Detournement

The proof that your DNA sample isn't completely confidential is in the fact that there have been a couple of unsolved murders being solved thanks to the authorities getting a match with access to these companies databases. Always good to solve murders IMO, but I wouldn't be trusting these mobs with my genetic make up. Particularly if I ever felt the urge to murder someone. 

5 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

There are definitely a few curious anomalies regarding the claims that the Sphinx was built by the same folk who built Pyramids on the Giza plateau, but nothing that doesn't have an alternative, viable, and non-controversial explanation.

It's weathered in a completely different manner to the nearby pyramids, it sits at a curious angle, and the proportions of what's left of the head compared to the body suggest that it's been carved and re-carved more than once, but these can all have explanations that don't involve it being tens of thousands of years older than the pyramids, or being the product of aliens etc.

Personally I'm undecided on the matter. I'm tempted to think there's a bit more to it than "it was made at exactly the same time by exactly the same people", but I'm not convinced by some of the more outlandish claims either. Some of Robert Bauval's work is interesting, but he really doesn't do himself any favours by associating with Hancock and referencing von Daniken etc. Orion correlation is clearly untrue, but he does have a point when he states that it's ridiculous that we're not even attempting to investigate the chamber beneath the Sphinx. It's lined with red granite, which isn't local to the region, so that in itself suggests it should be of sufficient interest to warrant having a closer look.

What is the official explanation for not investigating that chamber? Seems absolutely bonkers not to? There's a room below the sphinx but we're not going to bother checking it for reasons

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Did Azealia Banks do something bad, I have some vague memory. But her calling Grimes a 'Pabst Beer Pussy' forgives almost anything.

A lot of being a twat to airline attendants and generally getting in unnecessary scraps with random folk for little reason. Also said Trump was her hero when he was elected, massive rants about things she subsequently apologises or doubles down on. The usual caveat of not wanting to pretend I can diagnose mental illness but seems pretty open/shut bipolar disorder or heavy drug use tbh. She also fucked off Sia so that was sound

36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Did Azealia Banks do something bad, I have some vague memory. But her calling Grimes a 'Pabst Beer Pussy' forgives almost anything.

Pretty sure she made some pretty racist and homophobic  comments about Zayn Malik. I think her brain has been badly damaged by skunk or something.  

45 minutes ago, madwullie said:

What is the official explanation for not investigating that chamber? Seems absolutely bonkers not to? There's a room below the sphinx but we're not going to bother checking it for reasons

Well it seems as if things have moved on lately - 

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Egypt-not-allowing-archeologists-to-examine-the-voids-under-the-Sphinx-and-in-the-Great-Pyramid-and-have-closed-off-access-to-many-other-sites

15 hours ago, throbber said:

The temperature inside the Great Pyramid never changes either and despite it being much hotter outside it always remains at 20 degrees Celsius ie the average temperature on earth.

Also why would they build the faces on a very slight concave that was only visible from above? Who was looking down on it?

1. - Quick look online and there doesn't seem to be any evidence whatsoever to back this up, just a couple of dodgy looking sites stating that as fact.  Several articles claim that due to air shafts, certain parts remain at roughly the same temperature.  I'm not saying it's bollocks, just there appears to be lack of evidence.  

2. - Why not build them that shape?  Also, 4000 years ago nobody was looking down on them.

You're playing Devils advocate though and just looking for a reaction, I know you don't believe aliens were involved.