Conspiracy Theories

1 minute ago, DiegoDiego said:
22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:
What are folks' theories on the Mayan, Aztec, other Mexican and Chinese pyramids?

That they were built by Mayans, Aztecs, other Mexicans and Chinese.

Not aliens then?

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What are folks' theories on the Mayan, Aztec, other Mexican and Chinese pyramids?

Probably something as simple as broad at the bottom, narrow at the top is the easiest way for fairly primitive cultures to build tall structures, which means any time one of them tried to the results came out looking vaguely similar.

Probably something as simple as broad at the bottom, narrow at the top is the easiest way for fairly primitive cultures to build tall structures, which means any time one of them tried to the results came out looking vaguely similar.

And it's the design of tall structure which is most likely to still be standing thousands of years later. Those guys in Babel Hibsed it.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Are pyramid schemes designed by aliens to scam the people of Earth?

No, they're designed to scam lower league teams into overspending in the empty promise of a shot at promotion to the SPFL which is run by a pure breed alien.

Edited by welshbairn

57 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Nah, blueprints visible near sirius on the summer solstice imo

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

It's not a theory I necessary believe in when it comes to the Egyptians, but it is one that's not talked about a lot that I'm really interested in. It's not really a conspiracy either - it's just that there is a train of a thought that the Sphinx is much, much older than the pyramids and was possibly built by an earlier civilisation. Some say it's 26,000 years old, some state between 7000-10,000. I believe it to be nonsense, personally and there's been loads of claims disputing it.

Here's a wee shitey video that talks it through:

There's another theory that the pyramids were built around astrology - Yet the Sphinx doesn't seem to have any significance in this regard EXCEPT if you go back much further in time which is explored in full here: https://www.ancient.eu/article/236/the-mystery-of-the-great-sphinx/

And since I've dived into the world of stuff here - Here's a bizarre and laugh out loud article (As always) by the Express saying that the Sphinx had the face of a lion:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/1091417/egypt-shock-giza-pyramid-sphinx-lion-face-theory-spt

There are definitely a few curious anomalies regarding the claims that the Sphinx was built by the same folk who built Pyramids on the Giza plateau, but nothing that doesn't have an alternative, viable, and non-controversial explanation.

It's weathered in a completely different manner to the nearby pyramids, it sits at a curious angle, and the proportions of what's left of the head compared to the body suggest that it's been carved and re-carved more than once, but these can all have explanations that don't involve it being tens of thousands of years older than the pyramids, or being the product of aliens etc.

Personally I'm undecided on the matter. I'm tempted to think there's a bit more to it than "it was made at exactly the same time by exactly the same people", but I'm not convinced by some of the more outlandish claims either. Some of Robert Bauval's work is interesting, but he really doesn't do himself any favours by associating with Hancock and referencing von Daniken etc. Orion correlation is clearly untrue, but he does have a point when he states that it's ridiculous that we're not even attempting to investigate the chamber beneath the Sphinx. It's lined with red granite, which isn't local to the region, so that in itself suggests it should be of sufficient interest to warrant having a closer look.

6 hours ago, throbber said:

I hope the guy posing like he’s riding a wave dies in a shark attack.

More likely to be a rockfish! Get it? I said "More likely to be a rockfish! Eh? Eh? Because he's surfing on a rock. So...

Oh forget it.

TrueAnon is a podcast I like listening to which focuses on the Epstein case and other conspiracy stuff. Not long ago they had Azaela Banks who has hung out with Elon Musk and other silicon valley oligarchs. Her insane theory is that people like Musk want to move all production to the Moon/Mars where it will be carried out by clones and the Earth will be depopulated so it's a playground for the rich which has elements of eugenics, ecofascism and transhumanism.

It wasn't until I was at work the next day that I realised she was basically just describing Totally Recall and Moon. 

10 minutes ago, Detournement said:

TrueAnon is a podcast I like listening to which focuses on the Epstein case and other conspiracy stuff. Not long ago they had Azaela Banks who has hung out with Elon Musk and other silicon valley oligarchs. Her insane theory is that people like Musk want to move all production to the Moon/Mars where it will be carried out by clones and the Earth will be depopulated so it's a playground for the rich which has elements of eugenics, ecofascism and transhumanism.

It wasn't until I was at work the next day that I realised she was basically just describing Totally Recall and Moon. 

It was funny to listen to Brace talk to someone significantly more mental than he is. 

13 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Azelia Banks is a nutter. 

13 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It was funny to listen to Brace talk to someone significantly more mental than he is. 

Aye she had him rattled. To be fair I think Brace still wins for being a meth addict and joining the YPG. 

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Azelia Banks is a nutter. 

She was stoned out her box at the start of it and talking gibberish but when she came down a bit she made some good points about stuff like prison labour being essential to capitalist production. Also 212 is the best song of the last decade!