Conspiracy Theories

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Right but I'm fairly certain given the way conservatives spoke about Obama for 8 years that the Michelle is a man stuff was motivated by racism

ETA: never meant to suggest you made the thing up, Bing!

I understand what you mean now. I don't know about that tbh, your never gonna know how these things originate.

The Michelle Obama is a man thing is fairly obscure tbh. I would never have heard about it but for a mate who spends far to long on twitter.

The "Obama's wife is a man" thing has been around for quite a while, and just resurfaces now and then. Maybe even as long as her husband was a presidential candidate. It's especially weird considering a lot of people think she's quite a striking, feminine lady. NotThePars may have a point about the racism thing in her case. Nice to think that, in a generation or two's time, the answer to that will probably be, "so?"

Serena Williams is more than welcome to give me a grand slam any day of the year, in season or not.

I hear this shit every day at work. 

Michelle Obama's a man and her real name is Michael LeVaughn or something. 

Tom Hanks , Ellen DeGeneres and The Rock are "paedavores", took me a few seconds to work that one out. 

Wayfair. 

Covid is a hoax. 

Trumps state visits to, amongst others, China and Saudi Arabia, is actually a cover for him single handedly breaking up international paedophile rings.

Its actually quite worrying how many people completely believe this and the "irrefutable evidence" they have painstaking researched online i.e. watched a guy on youtube.

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Wait what's wrong with Wayfair I have a chair from them

That came up in a thread somewhere recently. There are expensive items on the website which aren't really furniture but human trafficking. 

@Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo was looking at something similar in camping chairs on amazon at the time, he might know

Quite scary people can get away with sharing such nonsence. Wiki says 

Veterans Today is a pro-Kremlin, antisemitic conspiracy theory and fake news website. It describes itself as a "military veterans and foreign affairs journal", but the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) had said "the anti-Israel bent on VT can slide pretty quickly into overt anti-Semitism."

3 hours ago, the aggressive beggar said:

I hear this shit every day at work. 

Michelle Obama's a man and her real name is Michael LeVaughn or something. 

Tom Hanks , Ellen DeGeneres and The Rock are "paedavores", took me a few seconds to work that one out. 

Wayfair. 

Covid is a hoax. 

Trumps state visits to, amongst others, China and Saudi Arabia, is actually a cover for him single handedly breaking up international paedophile rings.

Its actually quite worrying how many people completely believe this and the "irrefutable evidence" they have painstaking researched online i.e. watched a guy on youtube.

Are you a mental health professional?

3 hours ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Mess with their heads and tell them the visits are a cover for him setting up the rings.

5 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Mess with their heads and tell them the visits are a cover for him setting up the rings.

The Donald can do no wrong in their eyes.  A crusading paedo basher and a shining beacon of human decency.

My response is usually to call them fucking idiots or pish myself laughing.  I think if i was to give any constructive criticism i'd end up with my photo on some QAnon website claiming i was a low level member of the cabal 😂  

3 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

It honestly feels that way at times.  You could be forgiven for thinking they were on day release from ward 30.

If this is the kind of shit people are feeling comfortable enough to admit to believing at work, we need to start lockdown again, for everybody's safety.

4 hours ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Some camping chairs are so expensive on Amazon, I assume only the likes of British Royalty can afford them.

On online stores it's quite common for sellers to list out-of-stock items for extortionately high prices, so that people don't buy them, because it's far less hassle to do that (and adjust them back to their normal prices when they come back in stock) than it is to de-list and re-list them.