Conspiracy Theories

19 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Genuinely thought you'd posted a clip of a chimp drowning there :(  That poor wee fucker's obviously been trained and even then it's all it can do to stay afloat!

The chimp drowning is in my private animals drowning collection.

2 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Santa isnae real theory yet

Oh come on.  You didn't get any presents last Christmas because you hadn't been a good boy and now you are trying to make out that it is all a con and a lie and not your fault at all.

Get real and sort yourself out or it will be no presents next Christmas too!

8 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

"Back and to the left. Back and to the left"

I watched a video ages ago about that and in it, Vincent Bugliosi (who was prosecutor of Charles Manson and wrote a book where he concludes Oswald acted alone) talked through the Zapruder film and that 'back and to the left' moment.  When the footage is slowed to frame by frame at the headshot, JFK actually moved forward for a fraction of a second (this is consistent with the shot coming from behind him).  The 'back and to the left' movement is actually a cause by the muscles in the back tightening as a result of the headshot - not from a shooter from another angle.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I watched a video ages ago about that and in it, Vincent Bugliosi (who was prosecutor of Charles Manson and wrote a book where he concludes Oswald acted alone) talked through the Zapruder film and that 'back and to the left' moment.  When the footage is slowed to frame by frame at the headshot, JFK actually moved forward for a fraction of a second (this is consistent with the shot coming from behind him).  The 'back and to the left' movement is actually a cause by the muscles in the back tightening as a result of the headshot - not from a shooter from another angle.

Vincent Bugliosi isn't a reliable source. His handling of the Manson case has been extensively criticised.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHAOS:_Charles_Manson,_the_CIA,_and_the_Secret_History_of_the_Sixties

I haven't read this book yet but it apparently makes a strong case that Manson was manipulated and funded by the CIA.

6 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

I'm sure I read a while back in something reputable that there's evidence of an impact in the Indian Ocean somewhere near Madagascar around 3000BC which would have caused local inundations in the Fertile Crescent just as civilisation was getting started and lived on in folk memory as a great flood  when the whole world was under water.

In terms of lost civilisations now underwater, given the timescale of the last major rise in sea levels it's unlikely. That being said, there's another theory that evidence of some of the transitional missing links in human evolution now lie under the sea, as we're unique amongst the great apes in having an affinity for water...drop a chimp, gorilla or orangutan in water and all they'll do is drown. We may have gone through a coastal semi-aquatic stage a good while back which would account for this quirk which none of our closest relatives share.

Apparently orang utans can swim. They tend not to because the waters where they live are full of crocodiles.

This makes them more intelligent than Australians

Vincent Bugliosi isn't a reliable source. His handling of the Manson case has been extensively criticised.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CHAOS:_Charles_Manson,_the_CIA,_and_the_Secret_History_of_the_Sixties
I haven't read this book yet but it apparently makes a strong case that Manson was manipulated and funded by the CIA.

Must admit but I haven’t read Bugliosi’s book on the JFK assassination but I’m lead to believe that (no matter your view in regards to the conspiracy) is a very good read. Goes into a lot of Oswald’s back story apparently.

Whether Bugliosi handled the Manson stuff well or not I don’t know but he did manage to win every case but one he ever prosecuted, so certainly no fool.

4 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Apparently orang utans can swim. They tend not to because the waters where they live are full of crocodiles.

This makes them more intelligent than Australians

As a resident of Australia, I think I am qualified to say that an amoeba is more intelligent than your average Australian. 

6 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Someone in my work was trying to claim Michelle Obama is/was a man the wildest conspiracy theory I’ve heard.

Someone i know was telling me this also. Its one of the funniest conspiracy theorys ive heard.

Google it and have a look at some of the "proof".

She may not be a man, but christ she is man'ish.

Apparently this was started by a Joan rivers interview a while ago.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/joan-rivers-calls-president-obama-716738

Pretty much any woman with muscle tone used to be a man, dontchano. See Serena Williams.

That shit's a nice double-whammy of transphobia, and bizarre resentment of women who don't look feminine enough for the complainer. I don't understand what the endgame is supposed to be for people who obsess about this nonsense.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Pretty much any woman with muscle tone used to be a man, dontchano. See Serena Williams.

That shit's a nice double-whammy of transphobia, and bizarre resentment of women who don't look feminine enough for the complainer. I don't understand what the endgame is supposed to be for people who obsess about this nonsense.

Either that or they both totally are men.

Tbf the Serena one is news to me.

3 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Think it's just plain old racism, my man.

Martina Navratilova got it too.
Samantha Stosur too.

I don't think that any players are seriously accusing them of being men, they're accusing them of being more efficient drug takers than them.

Tennis has a rampant drug problem and are fine with it. Serena Williams was tested out of competition only once in a two year period and on that occasion locked herself in a panic room and said she thought the testers were burglars.

Then you have things like Wozniacki overcoming arthritis simply by "learning to tune in to the rhythms of my body". Come off it.

Fittingly for this thread, there very much is a conspiracy within the top levels of tennis to hide performance enhancing drug use by top players.

28 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

It's not a theory i endorse or made up.

But how in the flying f**k is it racist?

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Martina Navratilova got it too.

Right but I'm fairly certain given the way conservatives spoke about Obama for 8 years that the Michelle is a man stuff was motivated by racism

ETA: never meant to suggest you made the thing up, Bing!

Edited by NotThePars