Conspiracy Theories

2 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Exactly.  There is a Peppa Pig story book where she and her family go on a boat on Loch Ness and eventually encounter the monster.

Can't see how they could have made that up if the monster wasn't real.

It was featured on Scooby Doo once too. Some people just need to do their research.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

According to the Brian Deer link it was written by a different Eye journalist, Heather Mills (not that one).

Easy mistake to make, can we be sure?

Private Eye journalist Heather Mills revealed this week that Lady Heather Mills McCartney had "pretended to be me for over a year".

Journalist Mills said this occurred in the late '90s, when she worked on The Observer. Writing in The Mail on Sunday this week, Mills said: "She posed as me, not only to her friends, but in a series of meetings with television executives. She even showed people cuttings of stories I had written."

35 minutes ago, madwullie said:

There was a docu-rama about the Loch Ness monster and its relatives. Pretty gritty iirc - the family ness

If it wasn't for the Loch Ness Monster we would not have the word "Happiness".  .. or is that facts I just made up!

31 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If it wasn't for the Loch Ness Monster we would not have the word "Happiness".  .. or is that facts I just made up!

A penis, a penis, the greatest gift that I posses
I thank the Lord that I've been blessed
With more than my share of a penis
~ K. Dodd 1964

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Karen Gillan said on the Craig Ferguson show that she had seen the Loch Ness Monster.

That's good enough for me

Must have been the time she “bumped into me” in Inverness outside the Eastgate Centre. 

If you know what I mean.

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Must have been the time she “bumped into me” in Inverness outside the Eastgate Centre. 

If you know what I mean.

It's the Loch Ness Monster she said she saw, not the Loch Mess Noncer.

33 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

If you asked any American to name one thing they know about Scotland, there are millions who would mention the Loch Ness Monster.

I think that must be proof enough.

...and then they'll tell you how disgusting haggis is as they take a bite of their hot dog.

Guest JTS98
11 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I like the ones where, as said before, the official narrative is definitely suspicious enough that there is a likely alternative even if it isn’t as batshit as the conspiracy theorists end up suggesting. My favourite one I read recently about JFK was that it was an internally organised ‘assassination attempt’ that was unexpectedly successful and everything after was the organisers frantically trying to cover their arses

That is literally the plot of a Don Delillo book.