Conspiracy Theories

8 hours ago, Jarballs said:

Right, I thought there was a thread for this but couldn't find it - mods feel free to bin this if I'm wrong. A lad I know, really sound, married to a best friend of a best friend but haven't seen for a while messaged me earlier. Long story short, he genuinely thinks that "an alien cube ship ten times the size of Earth was seen by NASA exiting the sun" and that "Donald Trump has saved thousands of children from underground sex dungeons."

Should I have him sectioned? And have any of you ever heard anything as mental as that? Thought I'd heard it all until this batshit crazy nonsense.

I wouldn't worry. There was this documentary on TV called "Star Trek" where we sent Patrick Stewart up in a spaceship to sort out that big alien cube and everything was fine in the end.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

In the days of the Cold War, some children kicked a ball over the Berlin Wall.  The area was immediately cordoned off.  Nobody was allowed to go near it.  The Stasi was called in and an investigation was carried out to see how it was all part of a fiendous capitalist plot to destroy the glorious People's Republic better known as the DDR.

You may laugh but years later the Berlin Wall did indeed come down.

Wee toerag b*****ds.

Didn’t Alex Jones’s defence in some court case (maybe around the custody of his kids???) amount to him claiming Alex Jones was a character he portrayed?

His lawyers said that he wasn’t as he is on his shows. He then went on his show that night (during the trial) and said that his lawyers were lying.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/alex-jones-custody-trial-10-wtf-moments-108404/

The Scottish National Party rigged the 2014 independence referendum because they wanted to win seats at the 2015 General Election.

I like this one, counter intuitive. Where did you hear that?

45 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

A slight inclination of the cranium is as adequate as a spasmodic movement of an opitic to an equine quadruped devoid of its visionary capacity.

Which, of course, was the original title of a Faces album until they realised it wouldn't fit on the album cover.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I think quite a lot of folklore has some gem of a real thing at its heart that is now gone. Had never heard of that bird before, jings that's big.

You'd certainly think twice before washing your car if you lived next door to one of those bassas, eh?

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah but you count research as watching an 18 minute Youtube video by some fandan with a fancy camera.

Self-proclaimed  “researchers” on the internet are absolute weirdos.  The “research community” basically amounts to a bunch of folk who believe in absolute twaddle, and who self publish books which quote from other folks who believe exactly what they do.  Pep will be along to offer his standard insanity about 9/11 and JFK.

It’s safe to summarily dismiss their views out of hand.

Edited by Savage Henry

Just now, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just forget about the tonne of books I've gone through. Nice one.

I'm really not going over this again but none of those books contain a single shred of factual evidence that proves Bigfoot exists, so we can safely file that in "nonsense by fandan with a pen" right next to "nonsense by a fandan with a camera".

Just now, The Moonster said:

I'm really not going over this again but none of those books contain a single shred of factual evidence that proves Bigfoot exists, so we can safely file that in "nonsense by fandan with a pen" right next to "nonsense by a fandan with a camera".

That's your opinion, so fair enough. 

Thank you.

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Yeah but you count research as watching an 18 minute Youtube video by some fandan with a fancy camera.

You beat me to it.

If I had a dollar for every time I've read "Watch this 98 minute YouTube video containing reheated shite from 800 other demented 98 minute YouTube videos, otherwise I'm definitely right and you're definitely wrong," I'd have enough money to open my own child sex pizza dungeon. 

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:

C'mon then. What conspiracy theory is it you believe in that you think we don't.

I'm not the one going around shouting 'I'm right you're wrong' I respect everyone's opinion.

Thank you.

1 minute ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

I'm not the one going around shouting 'I'm right you're wrong' I respect everyone's opinion.

Thank you.

He is a very shouty shouty man who swiftly disappears when he is proven wrong. Like big foot, he takes to the hills. 

Take no notice. 

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Thank you.

Flat earthists are wrong. Antvaxers are wrong. Qanon believers are wrong. And I don't need to watch their stupid videos to know that much.