85 years on in FM. Things are getting weird.

djchapsticks

4 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this in: it always bugged me in Champ/Football Man that clubs would never be liquidated. No matter how much in debt they got, there would always be someone who'd rush in to save the day. Have they finally fixed this in the modern editions?

No, there's no liquidation in FM. Dunno if it's a legal issue or what.

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

What's the worst anyone has done in the top flight? Have there been any proper Brechin-esque effots?

Alloa have been the worst so far, only 3 seasons ago with 6 points from 38 games.

image.png.4a7c7bc41bb83bc2166b519415f7c609.png

BSC Glasgow were previous worst on 8 points and Morton on 10.

At the other end, Hibs pulled an invincibles season in 2085/86 and followed it up the next season with a 107 point total which is the best so far.

image.png.a6469bdcd748ecddf8d70f1c4ab9882e.png

image.png.fb3f48c26002c818786a250ada8e46cc.png

To drive home how good they were, they also won their first champions league:

image.png.d43c2ec50cfad4ed3f22a5605d19f42c.png

On 28/07/2020 at 19:27, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This is probably as good a thread as any to ask this in: it always bugged me in Champ/Football Man that clubs would never be liquidated. No matter how much in debt they got, there would always be someone who'd rush in to save the day. Have they finally fixed this in the modern editions?

21 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No, there's no liquidation in FM. Dunno if it's a legal issue or what.

Its a legal issue.

The worst that can happen is you can hit administration, seen one or two examples of clubs plummeting down the divisions through poor performance as theres zero money at the club.

Someone tried it a few years ago with Man U, can't remember the exact figure but your debt resets once it hits a certain level.

58 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Have Hearts moved to the 40,000 capacity Vladimir Romanov Arena yet? (Genuinely happened on FM2007 once).

No. :lol: 

image.png.44569e6a7db1cf7b7ce21bbd194a8890.png

They left Tynecastle in 2065 and moved to the Tommy Walker Arena, before leaving for John Robertson Park.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 29/07/2020 at 21:04, RandomGuy. said:

Its a legal issue.

The worst that can happen is you can hit administration, seen one or two examples of clubs plummeting down the divisions through poor performance as theres zero money at the club.

Someone tried it a few years ago with Man U, can't remember the exact figure but your debt resets once it hits a certain level.

How strange. Imagine a club sueing SI because they would sometimes be liquidated in people's Football Manager games. TBF, that is so The Rangers.

Unless they're worried that FIFA/UEFA/the national league bodies are in denial about the possibility that, on their watch, clubs can cease to exist due to financial mismanagement.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

How strange. Imagine a club sueing SI because they would sometimes be liquidated in people's Football Manager games. TBF, that is so The Rangers.

Unless they're worried that FIFA/UEFA/the national league bodies are in denial about the possibility that, on their watch, clubs can cease to exist due to financial mismanagement.

Man Utd are sueing them for using their name so I’m sure a club would do it if they went bust in it!

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Man Utd are sueing them for using their name so I’m sure a club would do it if they went bust in it!

I thought SI came to agreements with the federations about using team names a decade or two back?

...f**k me. Just looked it up, They sued because SI were legally using their name, but didn't use their club badge because they'd have to pay extra to licence it. They don't have a hope in hell of winning that, surely. There's even a hilarious mention of how, by not paying Manchester United for the use of their logo, SI knew fans would make their own unlicensed badge packs and should therefore be held responsible for loss of revenue  :1eye

What an absolute grasping bunch of fannies.

6 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I thought SI came to agreements with the federations about using team names a decade or two back?

...f**k me. Just looked it up, They sued because SI were legally using their name, but didn't use their club badge because they'd have to pay extra to licence it. They don't have a hope in hell of winning that, surely. There's even a hilarious mention of how, by not paying Manchester United for the use of their logo, SI knew fans would make their own unlicensed badge packs and should therefore be held responsible for loss of revenue  :1eye

What an absolute grasping bunch of fannies.

You've maybe seen it, but Man U also have lawyers going around threatening folk who make the logo packs you can download.

Literal kids being threatened by a multi-million pound corporation for having a hobby. Its incredible how little publicity its getting.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You've maybe seen it, but Man U also have lawyers going around threatening folk who make the logo packs you can download.

Literal kids being threatened by a multi-million pound corporation for having a hobby. Its incredible how little publicity its getting.

No, I certainly hadn't seen that, but I suppose it shouldn't be surprising.

Some immensely blinkered corporate greedthink there, as per. The Football Manager community has been, and continues to be, an excellent free promotional tool for Manchester United, the EPL, and football in general. But someone mentioned us without paying, so get the scissors out - that nose is gonna have to come off  :rolleyes:

Patsy Gallacher sounds like an alias name for a cocaine dealer.

Kieran MacDonald park as in the ex-Clyde and current Raith left back Kieran MacDonald? :lol:

Clyde stadium name/capacity? Still in Cumbernauld?

Edited by C. Muir

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

Patsy Gallacher sounds like an alias name for a cocaine dealer.

Kieran MacDonald park as in the ex-Clyde and current Raith left back Kieran MacDonald? :lol:

Clyde stadium name/capacity? Still in Cumbernauld?

The imagination is tearing out of Clyde.

image.png.be96da069507d8b4859cab135a2a5db7.png