85 years on in FM. Things are getting weird.

djchapsticks

I've simulated the restructured Scottish DB in FM2020 on holiday.

I've loaded up the Scottish leagues only (tried it with several leagues but it died after 30 seasons)

Things have gotten a bit - ummm.....out there in the last 85 years I must say. Maybe it's because it's the only league loaded, maybe it's because it's the restructured Scottish database....but erm. Yeah. Scottish football is a real force to be reckoned with.

image.png.0604723053ac9134f19dd83c1760d6b6.png

image.png.060ee6b88160ad488f9280fcf026d17a.png

image.png.5a460a9700ec2a6e8b0329ffd1f986c3.png

Anything you want to know, see etc....give me a shout and I'll put up screenshots of this mental world.

Over time, Scotland always seems to become one of the big European powers. That's been true going back to Championship Manager 2.

The SI boys absolutely love us  :P

PS -  which wee teams have won the domestic cups? Any eyebrow-raising Premiership champions? By which I mean, anyone who isn't currently a Premiership stalwart, as anyone other than Celtgers is automatically a flight of fancy.

6 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

i take it (prolly easiest way to check is to go to the staff screen and see the nationalities of owners/directors) Hibs are being bankrolled by a sugar daddy there?

No. Scottish football is just ridiculously strong overall and the league is pretty rich. I think this is a trait of most FM long term games. I remember one guy who did a 1000 years later save and literally every tip flight had 4.5 star reputation and all clubs were well off. 

8 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Over time, Scotland always seems to become one of the big European powers. That's been true going back to Championship Manager 2.

The SI boys absolutely love us  :P

PS -  which wee teams have won the domestic cups? Any eyebrow-raising Premiership champions? By which I mean, anyone who isn't currently a Premiership stalwart, as anyone other than Celtgers is automatically a flight of fancy.

Biggest domestic cup shock is Montrose in 2090 who have become a premiership regular. 

Premiership champions, most out there is St. Mirren (3 titles, all in the 2050s before dropping to mid table for 40 years, though they have now built back up and are pushing for the league again.. They also won the Europa league II in 2060) and Ross County (1 title) 

I'll put up the list of league and Cup winners later on. 

6 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

How have Ayr United done?

Not great truth be told.

They dropped out of the 20 team premiership in the first season and spent most of their life as championship club.

Until the last 30 years when it's really went tits up.

image.thumb.png.7934e76614e60731fd8f5c954f68d3df.png

Compounded by the fact that this isn't your typical league setup. All leagues are 20 teams. So for perspective they've been relegated twice from a league that looks like this:

2102/03 season - last time they went down

image.png.dd72f7b9a9e6f669b7480c1d306e462c.png

27 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

I take it Cowdenbeath are in the East of Scotland league by then? :lol: 

Nope, floated between L1 and Championship.

Have never made a real go at the championship but did finish as high as 8th out of 20 one season.

8 minutes ago, Al B said:

Hamilton still below Motherwell I see? Unlucks.

Very similar paths. Motherwell have been relegated 4 times in 85 years and bounced back every time.

Hamilton, 5 times and coming back at first shot.

Both teams have flirted a wee bit with Europe but are typically floating between 8th and 15th in the league.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Re: Ayr - yikes!

Go on, then. What are the Wasps up to?

Very much a yo-yo club. Always troubling top end of the Championship.

Also a good run to the Scottish cup final in 2043 - Losing to St. Mirren. 

Though the 2084/85 campaign was clearly one to forget.

image.png.2ca634f44be958f178792eb69d3d79cb.png

image.png.448568bbad9caaf5b157fd13f76cf783.png

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not great truth be told.

They dropped out of the 20 team premiership in the first season and spent most of their life as championship club.

Until the last 30 years when it's really went tits up.

image.thumb.png.7934e76614e60731fd8f5c954f68d3df.png

Compounded by the fact that this isn't your typical league setup. All leagues are 20 teams. So for perspective they've been relegated twice from a league that looks like this:

2102/03 season - last time they went down

image.png.dd72f7b9a9e6f669b7480c1d306e462c.png

I'll be dead by then anyway.