How Many Countries Has Pie & Bovril Been To?

I'd have thought someone on here would have been to Afghanistan. Are there no military types on here? 
I was going to go a couple of years back but despite some effort didn't manage to get a visa. Had I planned things a bit better I probably could have. I did go to the border twice though.

10 hours ago, Adamski said:

The countries on that list were the ones that nobody had claimed yet.

About six months before Covid I started a job that should normally involve regular trips to Africa, maybe including those two. However apart from a trip to Uganda in October 2019 I've been well and truly grounded so far.

Anyway, a few more crossed off since I last updated the list.

Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga

My mistake.  Quite surprised to see Cameroon, Ivory Coast and East Timor still on the list.  Also two people have been to Vanuatu but none to Samoa or Tonga.  Strange.

• 4 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 22:47, Arch Stanton said:

ztYhC9FWcA8oXgYZMwgO0AZXH-A=.gif

Not when I was there. 1990 in between games at Italia 90.

I've not been to that many far flung destinations. My brother has been to Afghanistan (worked for the MOD) but he doesn't post on here so you can't tick that one off your list.

Edit: I'll probably miss some but this is what I can remember. Australia, Greece, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Jamaica, Thailand, Hong Kong, Spain, France, Lithuania, Latvia, Denmark, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Austria, Switzerland, Cyprus, Portugal.

Not that impressive.

Places I want to go to before I die. Peru, Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Vietnam, Montenegro, Croatia, 

Edited by Suspect Device

• 1 month later...
On 25/06/2021 at 15:31, BlueBear said:

Due to my business in the oil and gas game the last thirty years, have visited and lived in many. 

To say I do like to party and don't do slumming it in shiteholes.

The jewel in the crown for me was Uzbekistan. Cheap as chips, but where modern meets ancient. Very hospitable and they do like a party. 

Closely followed by UAE. Loved the opulence and the partying. Work wasn't too bad either. 

China, with Shanghai the best of it. Nothing funnier than a pished Chinaman

Japan was a hoot, but so many fucking people and the traffic congestion off the scale. 

Done the US for a year. Best I can say, is they are strange fucking people from another planet. 

Great times, but lesson learned from all of it, is to avoid expat Brit yahoo's after work and avoid the yahoo sports bars. Some just don't get out much! 

A what?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 22/08/2021 at 23:19, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd have thought someone on here would have been to Afghanistan. Are there no military types on here? 

I've been to Afghanistan - surprisingly, after I left the military. Spent time just North of Kajacki reservoir in a place called Tarin Kowt and further north in Ghazni (city). Spent about 2 and a bit years in total out there. The Southern places are pretty grim, but up near Ghazni and further North and East into the mountains it gets prettier. The locals are generally sound. 

I've dug out a few pictures of Afghan.

Nae idea how to wrap text but the first pic is of Tarin Kowt and our welfare area. Second is again of TK but a pic of where we lived behind the concrete blast walls. This was actually quite salubrious as we had overhead cover so you didn't have to leave bed when the rockets came in 👌

Third one is a glimpse of how beautiful Afghanistan can be. 

Forth one is of a football park that the Dutch forces built (you can just about make out the goals). 

Screenshot_20220212-003721_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1c06c16baf7b613901b8e070eb8f90ee.jpgScreenshot_20220212-003708_Facebook.thumb.jpg.499caa20fa411357505914936a337542.jpgScreenshot_20220212-003452_Facebook.thumb.jpg.da1e5d1e7741177ad64ceaab59673c3e.jpgScreenshot_20220212-003735_Facebook.thumb.jpg.338d46c8b6f6238b1f22a90881b33389.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 15/12/2020 at 10:11, Adamski said:

Been a while since I updated this list. Still a few on there I’m a bit surprised that nobody has claimed: Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, maybe Madagascar.

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu

Can cross off Mauritania, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Senegal, Liberia and Sierra Leone.

IMG_20240211_141710.jpg

Must admit I'd kind of forgotten that this thread existed! But time for an update: some impressive places there @DiegoDiego. I saw some pictures of football games along the way on the Random Matches thread as well. What took you there?

Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Haiti, Lesotho, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga

Since the last update I've changed planes in Lubumbashi Airport in DR Congo, but I'd say you have to have left the airport for it to be valid, so DRC can stay on here for now. I think I might be going to Ethiopia in a couple of months though.

Edited by Adamski

I've been to Swaziland. The place felt a lot more chilled out than the part of South Africa around it. Spent most of my time in Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary. Had a nosey around their national football stadium too but can't find any pictures of that.

IMG_0510-2.jpg

IMG_0505-2.jpg

Just back from a cruise that left Miami, went through the Panama Canal, and ended up in Los Angeles. En route then, visited Cartagena in Colombia, Panama City in, erm, Panama, Antigua in Guatemala, and five stops in Mexico. Everywhere we went, simply re-inforced my belief that in 99.9% of cases, folk are folk. Doesn’t matter if you’re fae’ Paisley or Panama. There’s obviously bampottery in every country, but the folk we met were brand new. The bampottery came courtesy of an American guy on the cruise who genuinely thought Scotland was a landlocked European country somewhere near Switzerland. I kid you not. God bless the USA. 😜