How Many Countries Has Pie & Bovril Been To?

On 09/09/2020 at 16:45, Adamski said:

Updated to cross off the countries people have mentioned over the past couple of weeks. There’s quite a few still on the list where I know people who have visited, but no claims yet on P&B. I think Kosovo is the only remaining European outpost. 

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Venezuela

Went too Venezuela for my honeymoon, mostly on Margehrita which is an island off the coast, which is / was full of 5 star hotels, and had a major tax free port for Tourist cruises, it was really nice but this was back in 00's and i think it is much changed now. Had a few days travelling in land to Angel falls, Canima national park etc which was stunning. Its all changed as had a look last year at going back and dont think you can easily get there from the UK now.

Highlight was a rum fueled sunset boat trip which included me another 2 scottish boys that happened to be on holiday there at the same time doing the normally scottish thing of insisting we can handle our drink and the measures are far too small

1927916_45361226514_2221_n.jpg

1927916_45361321514_6926_n.jpg

Edited by honestly united

On 10/12/2020 at 06:10, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Got detained by immigration in Macau when leaving for overstaying. I used to travel over regular and left the time before on the ‘wrong passport’ by mistake. Had a bit of explaining why I had two British passports, but got it sorted in just over an hour. 

Was that about visiting Taiwan and China?

23 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Was that about visiting Taiwan and China?

No issue there. Just a general need through the years due to the amount of travel. ie: traveling on one passport while the other is getting a visa for some place.

Its a huge bonus when your job revolves around constant travel, but can get a little confusing as in the case above.

Passport related: Philippines only started stamping Chinese passports last year after 7 years. China brought out a new passport in 2012 that showed sovereignty over all the disputed islands snd Philippines refused to stamp them. China stopped issuing visas for Filipinos into China for a while. 

Been a while since I updated this list. Still a few on there I’m a bit surprised that nobody has claimed: Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, maybe Madagascar.

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu

Been very close to getting to Sierra Leone and Iran, last minute hitches stopped both. I'd be surprised if there wasn't an NGO employee on here who had been to a few of the dodgier places on the list, and some rich c**t who's been to the remaining Caribbean ones. 

• 3 weeks later...

Been a while since I updated this list. Still a few on there I’m a bit surprised that nobody has claimed: Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, maybe Madagascar.

Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu

Stick me down for Bangladesh, Mauritius and Pakistan. Also, if the cruise ship PNG entry doesn't count, I lived there growing up.

On 14/12/2020 at 17:51, honestly united said:

Went too Venezuela for my honeymoon, mostly on Margehrita which is an island off the coast, which is / was full of 5 star hotels, and had a major tax free port for Tourist cruises, it was really nice but this was back in 00's and i think it is much changed now. Had a few days travelling in land to Angel falls, Canima national park etc which was stunning. Its all changed as had a look last year at going back and dont think you can easily get there from the UK now.

Highlight was a rum fueled sunset boat trip which included me another 2 scottish boys that happened to be on holiday there at the same time doing the normally scottish thing of insisting we can handle our drink and the measures are far too small

1927916_45361226514_2221_n.jpg

1927916_45361321514_6926_n.jpg

Went there early 00's too. Loved it. Stayed in a 2 star all inclusive hotel which was better than many 5 stars I've stayed in. Hotel was a short walk to the beach down a dirt road and we were warned about 'banditos' who would rob tourists at night but never encountered any problems. Loved the unspoilt nature of it, no McD's KFC's and decent friendly people. Would probably be totally different now.

10 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Went there early 00's too. Loved it. Stayed in a 2 star all inclusive hotel which was better than many 5 stars I've stayed in. Hotel was a short walk to the beach down a dirt road and we were warned about 'banditos' who would rob tourists at night but never encountered any problems. Loved the unspoilt nature of it, no McD's KFC's and decent friendly people. Would probably be totally different now.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Aye, Venezuela's fucked.

Aye, had a look at going back to the same hotel last year and its down to 3 star level at best, looks like as the tourist economy has gone not suprisingly the hotels look run down. Its a shame as it was well worth a visit

Aye, had a look at going back to the same hotel last year and its down to 3 star level at best, looks like as the tourist economy has gone not suprisingly the hotels look run down.

Fair fucks to you but I wouldn't consider going to a country which has run out of toilet paper and whose biggest export is refugees.

I should have been in Mauritius last month.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Due to my business in the oil and gas game the last thirty years, have visited and lived in many. 

To say I do like to party and don't do slumming it in shiteholes.

The jewel in the crown for me was Uzbekistan. Cheap as chips, but where modern meets ancient. Very hospitable and they do like a party. 

Closely followed by UAE. Loved the opulence and the partying. Work wasn't too bad either. 

China, with Shanghai the best of it. Nothing funnier than a pished Chinaman. 

Japan was a hoot, but so many fucking people and the traffic congestion off the scale. 

Done the US for a year. Best I can say, is they are strange fucking people from another planet. 

Great times, but lesson learned from all of it, is to avoid expat Brit yahoo's after work and avoid the yahoo sports bars. Some just don't get out much! 

• 1 month later...
On 30/08/2020 at 00:24, Adamski said:

An update to the list. So far nobody has claimed to have visited...

Afghanistan, Antigua and Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bangladesh, Barbados, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Iran, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Mongolia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tuvalu, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela

Central African Republic and Chad - what were they like?

On 19/08/2021 at 08:59, Highland Capital said:

Central African Republic and Chad - what were they like?

The countries on that list were the ones that nobody had claimed yet.

About six months before Covid I started a job that should normally involve regular trips to Africa, maybe including those two. However apart from a trip to Uganda in October 2019 I've been well and truly grounded so far.

Anyway, a few more crossed off since I last updated the list.

Afghanistan, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Dominica, East Timor, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Micronesia, Mozambique, Nauru, Niger, Palau, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Togo, Tonga