St. Mirren vs. Livi

Last season we had a very slow start due to Goodwin being appointed late and trying to pull a squad together. Around Xmas we really started to witness some big improvements from Durmus and MacPherson. Obika improved with the help of Jakubiak and McCarthy looked a real class signing.

In the summer we got rid of a lot of hangers on and the relatively few new signings mostly look first team material. We lost loads of games last season by the odd goal. I hope this season we will turn these defeats into at least draws and hopefully one goal victories as the defence looks stronger. We are very short up front with Obika the only out and out striker on the books although Goody hope to bring in another soon. I am also hoping for big things from McGrath this season  who was a star in the LoI. And we have some very exciting young talent being promoted to the first team squad.

For Saturday Foley probably won't start as he has just undergone a hernia operation so I would be looking at ......

Alnwick

Fraser-McCarthy-Shaungessy-Tait

Sheron

MacAllister McPherson McGrath Durmus

Obika

Home win obviously.

This is the strongest team I have seen from Saints in years at least on paper. Livie are no mugs never easy to take points from.  Empty stadium will be strange for the players. Hoping for a Saints win but the first league game is a hard call. 

Livi looked brilliant last season, but...

Goody been in the job for a bit now and our signings all look to be kinda in his mould of player.  Our new back 4 might not make the world cup, but in a cage fight they'd be unstoppable.  I'm expecting great things from the team in terms of application, effort and perseverance.  It's been well recorded that all of our back 4 have been successful captains of their former clubs, so I'm hoping that they'll all spark off each other and drive the rest of the team on to mid table mediocrity.  

Saints 4 3 Livi 

Stickroth, Guni, Yardley and Linwood with the Saints goals.  

As has been said above, St Mirren looked decent last year and with Goodwin having time to work with the players (Durmus stood out) and make additions I expect they’ll be solid. 

I think picking up a point away from home would be a nice precedent to set. With the exception of Lawless we will be fielding a pretty similar side I expect. Forrest ahead of Souda probably.

21 minutes ago, crispy said:

As has been said above, St Mirren looked decent last year and with Goodwin having time to work with the players (Durmus stood out) and make additions I expect they’ll be solid. 

I think picking up a point away from home would be a nice precedent to set. With the exception of Lawless we will be fielding a pretty similar side I expect. Forrest ahead of Souda probably.

I'd be happy with a point.

You've got much the same team that performed so well last season.

We've got a brand new defence, bar McCarthy. We've got no idea how long it will take them to gel. They haven't even played a friendly together.

Unfortunately, Foley looks as if he will miss out, and he was an integral part of our midfield last season. We'll miss his experience. Especially as you always have a very well organised midfield.

Pretty much would be happy with a point, delighted if we win, and a bit gutted if we lose, but it's an away game and the first one of the season so not the end of the world.

We've much the same team as last season, but a little stronger with the addition of two promising strikers, which gives us something different for a late sub coming on and having a goal threat to maybe grab a win. It's a big step up for Sal, but he has looked good in pre season against Premiership opposition, so looking forward to seeing how he gets on this season.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Now we've shored up the defence with the addition of Fraser, and after reading the Q&A club people had with SMiSA (for the non saints fans, that's our supporters group) I am going to plump for a home win here. Even without the influential Foley (who has gone in for a hernia op, but is back in training an is likely to be on the bench) I predict a 2-1 scoreline.

Edited by Ric

I checked St Mirren’s OS and the article posted yesterday (29th) says, “We'll have an update tomorrow on how non-season ticket holders can purchase pay-per-view passes via our new St Mirren TV platform. 

Has anyone received news by means outwith the OS? Thanks

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, crispy said:

I checked St Mirren’s OS and the article posted yesterday (29th) says, “We'll have an update tomorrow on how non-season ticket holders can purchase pay-per-view passes via our new St Mirren TV platform. 

Don't think there's anything yet, as today is the last day that you can buy your season ticket and get access to Saturday's game.

6 hours ago, crispy said:

I'm sure you will get a day pass that wont be the problem.  The problem could be  when 4,000 plus try to log in for the game with it being wifi . Hope I'm wrong and its smooth sailing  fingers crossed.  

Reading the first preview of this match by  SportMole online who see Livingston coming out 2-1 winners. Most pundits have Saints in another relegation battle this season. I suppose given our history when in the top flight over the past ten years it should not come as a surprise. Within the St Mirren camp Jim Goodwin mindset is we can get into the top six, Tony Fitzpatrick saying we will be top six this season, most of our level headed fans will tell you that's a bit optimistic fingers crossed though. Livingston fell 6 points short of a Europa place which is a shining light for smaller clubs in the Premiership.  

4 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Reading the first preview of this match by  SportMole online who see Livingston coming out 2-1 winners. Most pundits have Saints in another relegation battle this season. I suppose given our history when in the top flight over the past ten years it should not come as a surprise. Within the St Mirren camp Jim Goodwin mindset is we can get into the top six, Tony Fitzpatrick saying we will be top six this season, most of our level headed fans will tell you that's a bit optimistic fingers crossed though. Livingston fell 6 points short of a Europa place which is a shining light for smaller clubs in the Premiership.  

Aye, and 2 games to play against Aberdeen (1 'Well) aswell, grrr... Still, amazing season when you'd expect a club of our size to be fighting relegation especially having lost Kelly/Halkett/Gallagher/Byrne/Hardie.

Sorry, I may be being a bit dense here but could some point me in the direction of where i need to go to get this game as PPV, please? I'm not seeing any reference to it on the OS. Thanks

Edited by crispy

I'm sure you will get a day pass that wont be the problem.  The problem could be  when 4,000 plus try to log in for the game with it being wifi . Hope I'm wrong and its smooth sailing  fingers crossed.  
I'd be interested to know the viewing figures for the games broadcast in previous seasons...whether actually abroad or folk using a VPN... and what if any problems viewers had. Hopefully the server is up to the job.
Anyway, nothing less than a home win will be satisfactory [emoji6]

32 minutes ago, crispy said:

Aye, and 2 games to play against Aberdeen (1 'Well) aswell, grrr... Still, amazing season when you'd expect a club of our size to be fighting relegation especially having lost Kelly/Halkett/Gallagher/Byrne/Hardie.

Sorry, I may be being a bit dense here but could some point me in the direction of where i need to go to get this game as PPV, please? I'm not seeing any reference to it on the OS. Thanks

Type into google - St Mirren TV. Click then read the instructions . 

Just now, jimmy boo said:

I'd be interested to know the viewing figures for the games broadcast in previous seasons...whether actually abroad or folk using a VPN... and what if any problems viewers had. Hopefully the server is up to the job.
Anyway, nothing less than a home win will be satisfactory emoji6.png

I tuned into it in Egypt and Spain with no problems I dont think it ever went over a hundred.  Fingers crossed nervously.  

12 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Type into google - St Mirren TV. Click then read the instructions . 

Cheers, I made it as far as “We'll have an update tomorrow on how non-season ticket holders can purchase pay-per-view passes via our new St Mirren TV platform. ” and will patiently await the update due to be posted yesterday.